Disneyland Reservation+Other?'s

flyingdumbo127

DIS Veteran
Good afternoon everyone::MickeyMo

I haven't been to Disneyland since May, 2019 so please forgive me for not being familiar with the current new reservation system. Dad and I God-willing, are planning to go to Disneyland only Sunday May 12th-Tuesday May 14th. We are SoCal Residents and will be purchasing the special discounted tickets that are valid any day of the week for locals. I logged into my Disneyland account for the first time possibly since Covid began to look at the reservation system. It appears as though you now need a valid ticket in order to make a reservation. We have Disney Gift Cards to pay for our tickets and want to be able to use them. How do we do this? We (I anyway) had thought we would purchase our tickets at the gate as we had pre pandemic. Can I use our gift cards on Disneyland.com to do this? I admit to never giving thought to needing a ticket before being able to make a reservation. That does make sense though. I pray this wouldn't happen, but should we need to reschedule after purchasing tickets and choosing dates, how would that work? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you so much.

Have a great rest of Sunday. God Bless You.

Last edited:
Yes, you will need to buy tickets first then make reservations. I'd recommend doing both of those asap just to make sure you get the dates you want. As for the gift card you should be able to select the gift card as the method of payment during the checkout process for the tickets. If for some reason you don't see that option or are confused then I'd just call in to the Disney help phone number. I had to do that to use an e-gift card for an upgrade and it was quick and easy. If you need to change dates later you can cancel your reservations before the reserved dates and select different dates (assuming they are available.) Not a big deal as long as it is in advance of the date. Have fun at the parks!

Thank you both so very much:hug:I know the SoCal special ticket offer expires June 2nd. I wanted to be positive should we not be able to use our tickets in May that the $550 we paid for our tickets could be applied toward the cost of future tickets later in the year or even next year. I do remember years ago combining gift cards on a Disney site. Thank you, Cal Pie for that reminder. Finally, one last question for now anyway, thank you all for bearing with me, will I be able to print out our tickets? I am old fashioned and would much rather be able to bring with me a physical ticket or even piece of paper of valid admission. Thanks. Safe Disneyland fun prayers to all! ::MickeyMo

Last edited:

Do you have enough GC to cover the entire amount, or will you need to use a credit card as well?

Thank you both so very much:hug:I know the SoCal special ticket offer expires June 2nd. I wanted to be positive should we not be able to use our tickets in May that the $550 we paid for our tickets could be applied toward the cost of future tickets later in the year or even next year. I do remember years ago combining gift cards on a Disney site. Thank you, Cal Pie for that reminder. Finally, one last question for now anyway, thank you all for bearing with me, will I be able to print out our tickets? I am old fashioned and would much rather be able to bring with me a physical ticket or even piece of paper of valid admission. Thanks. Safe Disneyland fun prayers to all! ::MickeyMo
I have always printed off the confirmation of a ticket purchase and carry it with me in my backpack. November 2023 on the second day my ticket (and only my ticket of the group) in the app disappeared. When we went to scan in, the gate CM wouldn't let me enter since the ticket didn't show on the app.
A supervisor came over, took the printout showing my ticket and park reservations along with my cell phone. It took them about 20 minutes to make the necessary corrections. If I didn't have the printed copy I'm not sure how I would have proved I actually had a ticket and reservation for that day.

Thanks, Geemo. I am so glad you had the print out! I just bought our two tickets!:mickeyjumI am so thankful to God and excited! Dad and I both have been through a lot health-wise during the pandemic and this trip to celebrate my birthday on my birthday and dad's again extra (his birthday was last month) will just be an incredible extra blessing of joy! I absolutely will share about our trip God-willing in Mid-May. Thank you again everyone and please remember always to not wait to tell someone you love that you do and allow them to do likewise for you! Cherish the gift of time together anywhere! :)

Thanks, Geemo. I am so glad you had the print out! I just bought our two tickets!:mickeyjumI am so thankful to God and excited! Dad and I both have been through a lot health-wise during the pandemic and this trip to celebrate my birthday on my birthday and dad's again extra (his birthday was last month) will just be an incredible extra blessing of joy! I absolutely will share about our trip God-willing in Mid-May. Thank you again everyone and please remember always to not wait to tell someone you love that you do and allow them to do likewise for you! Cherish the gift of time together anywhere! :)
Have a great trip! God bless.

Glad to hear you and your dad were gifted some Disney pixie dust. Hope it all works our for you guys and you have a magical trip!

Huge thank you hug to both of you and truly all of you. I appreciate the kindness of all of you so much! I do have a few extra Disneyland questions. I don't think starting a new thread is needed to do that.

Dad and I have always stayed at Candy Cane Inn which has its own dedicated shuttle. On this special trip we will be staying at another hotel that has an ART Bus stop right in front. We have never taken ART before. How much does that cost, and I am guessing the busses must be scooter accessible?

One more for now, Disneyland question, what is the best way to get our picture taken with ::MickeyMoand::MinnieMotogether? Toontown or somewhere else? Thank you!

Wishing each of you a great rest of the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter