Disney Wonder March 30 2017 Cruise Meet & FE

I am new to the board. This is our families first cruise ever so why not a Disney Cruise. We definitely want to be part of the FE exchange, I'm a crafty person and am very excited about the surprises in store to make the experience more exciting. I need all the advice anyone can give about booking things and stuff we don't want to miss... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Welcome to the board! You made a great choice going with DCL. It will be a magical vacation you never forget (and will probably want to repeat over and over again). I will add your family to our Roll Call and FE group. I'll be glad to answer any questions I can to help you plan your trip. This will be my families 3rd Disney cruise. If I can't answer the question, I can direct you to where to find the answer. One thing you might want to do is check out past Navigators (the daily newsletter you get onboard) to see what activities might interest your family. There are so many things to do you won't get it all in on just 3 days. But you can pick out a few "must do" activities for your family.

Here is the link to some Navigators:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm

Also, visit the First time cruiser link here on the Disboard. There is lots of helpful info there.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/first-time.htm

And if you can't find an answer, just post your question here on the boards. Someone will have an answer.

Last edited:
How do you set your port check in time??

You go to the DCL website, create an account if you don't already have one, and you can view your reservation and do online check-in. You will be able sign up for a port arrival time, book excursions, meet and greets, and register the kids for clubs. Past cruisers get to book earlier than First time DCL cruisers. Your booking window just opened this weekend. This link should take you to the right place.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/login/

Disney Wonder March 30th Roll Call
  • Alcooper3 +DH & DD
  • Disneymommato5
  • Ralivengood +DD, DGS & DGS
  • Jenny78
*Please post info about the members of your travel party and I will add you to the Roll Call. No names required.

FE participants
  1. Alcooper3
  2. Disneymommato5
  3. Ralivengood
  4. Jenny78
The Fish Extender gift exchange is meant to be a fun addition to your Disney cruise experience. Gifts can be bought or homemade. Some people do gifts for each day, some only hand out gifts one time, others do gifts for every person participating. How much or little you do is up to you. The only requirement is that you must give at least one gift to every stateroom participating. If our group should get larger than 8-10 staterooms, I will divide us into smaller groups to help reduce the costs/hassle of a large group.

*For those who wish to participate in the FE gift exchange, please post on this board to let me know and I will add you to the list. Let me know how many adults and children (under 18) will be participating. You may send me the following information via Disboard PM or post it on this board. (You need 10 posts to send PMs -if you don't have enough yet just post a few "filler" posts here.) I do not need last names, personal email addresses, or any other personal information not listed below. The info I collect will only be shared with those participating in our FE exchange here on Disboard.
  • Stateroom #
  • First names of all participants (optional but some people like to make personalized gifts)
  • Ages of children under 18 (age appropriate gift giving)
  • Other optional info you can give, but are in no way required to, are special events (birthdays, anniversarys..) occurring on the cruise.
*Please also let me know if there are any allergies to be aware of.

Here is a little info about FEs for those new to Disboards.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
State room #1068
Jenny (mom)
Aaron(dad)
Maddie -13
Sydnee -6

Thanks Jenny. I will add your info. We are on deck one too! Just a few doors down. I was afraid we were going to be far away from everyone else. We have been on upper decks in inside staterooms on our other cruises and are ready to try a room with ocean views.

Were you able to complete your online check-in?

Thanks Jenny. I will add your info. We are on deck one too! Just a few doors down. I was afraid we were going to be far away from everyone else. We have been on upper decks in inside staterooms on our other cruises and are ready to try a room with ocean views.

Were you able to complete your online check-in?
We r waiting for one more passport to come back before I can check in. But I figured out how to do it thanks!

Hi everyone. Just checking in. Our cruise is only 67 days away. I have started making a list with FE info but I can't send it out until you all have at least 10 posts. If you can go ahead and post a few "filler" posts here with a few words or characters. I plan to update the list as people give me their info. As far as setting a date to close our group - how long do you want to keep it open to new members? The last FE I participated in we waited until 3 to 4 weeks prior to the cruise. Would you be ok with that or are you making gifts that require more notice? Some groups close near PIF date but I think that is a little to early because many people don't try to sign up until 30-40 days before. Open to opinions please.

Last edited:

I would prefer closing it sooner than later. I work 50 - 60 hours a week and my spare time is precious. I need all the time I can get to work on my FE gifts. Also need time to allow for shipping if I end up ordering anything. I would prefer to only buy for the number I need and not over purchase.

Thank you.

Also, since this group is so small my daughter is debating about joining a group on Facebook and she has to decide that pretty soon.

Someone I know just got off the Disney Wonder and had a great idea to hand out Mardi Gras beads the night they had dinner at Tiana's Place because they do a parade.

My grandsons are getting very excited for the cruise. The youngest told his mommy he couldn't believe he was going to meet Spider-Man!

Yes.The beads would be a cute FE gift. I have seen other people mention it. Just keep in mind that we wont all be on the same dining rotation. Some will go to Tiana's on day 1, some day 2 and some day 3. If you wanted everyone to have them before dinner you might have to pack them in your carry on bag and hand out before early dining on embarkment day. Not at all trying to discourage you. I do think it is a cute idea and people would enjoy it

Last edited:
I would prefer closing it sooner than later. I work 50 - 60 hours a week and my spare time is precious. I need all the time I can get to work on my FE gifts. Also need time to allow for shipping if I end up ordering anything. I would prefer to only buy for the number I need and not over purchase.

Thank you.

Thanks for you input. I am thinking maybe setting for a Feb 8th cut off date. That gives us 7 full weeks before embarkment day. If we are all ok with that I'll set it for then.
Based on my experiences with FEs, I feel overwhelmed with more than 10 staterooms (first FE didn't split and there were 20 rooms participating) so I am going to set a limit of 10 rooms per group. If we have that many more people join I will split up the groups. If you want to participate with all people who sign up that will be ok. Just let me know and I can add you to both lists. (Some did this on my last cruise).

Hi everyone. We are only 2 months way from our trip! Are you all as excited as my family?

I have started working on my FE gifts. I think I have some really cute things planned. For this cruise, (since it looks like we will have a small group) I am making several small items for each stateroom so I will have something to hand out each day. And of course, I have some individual gifts for all the kids. My daughter just loves checking our FE for little surprises as we come and go from the room. I'm sure your kids will enjoy this too.

I want to participate in the fish extenders!

Hi. It's been a while since you posted on the boards. Just checking to make sure you still plan to participate in the FE? I am working on my gifts and need some of your info. Also need to pass it along to the other participants. Thanks!

Hi! Is it too late to join the FEs? It is our first Disney cruise so I am catching up :). So excited!

Stateroom - 6110
Trisha (Mom)
Chris (Dad)
Camden (Son 12)
Alyssa (Daughter 8)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter