Disney Wonder 5 night Baja/ Oct 22, 2017

Hi everyone! This will be our first cruise and we are so excited! It will be me (Whitney:28), husband (30), and our son (6). We are in cabin 2012 and have the later dining. I am hoping to do FE's, I am sure my little boy would love it!

Donathius, we are also from Utah!

Hi Whitney :) WELCOME :welcome:
So you are from Utah as well :) very cool :) I will post your info on page 2 and if you have any birthdays or anything to celebrate let me know so I can add them :) So this is your first Disney Cruise...HOW EXCITING!!!! I remember my first DC and it led to an almost every year and a half cruising...it gets addicting...we started when our boys were 2 and 5....they are 19 and 22...lol...and they still love the ships...however I am the Disney addict in the family :) Being so close to Disneyland we go there all the time and WDW always when we cruise out of Port Canaveral....like I said Im an addict....:earboy2:

My families Fav ship is the Magic...than the wonder because they are very similar...than thee Fantasy...have not sailed yet on the Dream....we love the smaller ship feel and how much more personal it is...you get to see the same people everywhere and most are more local to where the ship is sailing from because many from other countries prefer the Fantasy...but most people i know that started on the smaller ships say the same thing....the smaller ship feel is so much nicer :)

As for the Fantasy.....it is bigger and has more stuff on it....but it is so BIG and crowded....and you always get the feeling that you are being rushed...you don't get that on the Wonder or the Magic...so I think to start you picked the right ship :)

I finally after 10 years of trying got my BFF to sail...and she is hooked....so is her DH and kids...lol..she could not get why I would sail almost every year and come into the PTA meetings at the time and say well we are off again....since her first cruise this past summer she has 2 others booked and has become a DVC member...lol...she wants to live on the ships :)

We have cruises on other ship lines as well but no one does it like Disney :) with kids, older kids or no kids :)

You will also love Cabo if you have never been.....:flower1: look forward to chatting with you again :)

This just in about the Wonder :)
Disney Cruise Line Brings New Experiences and Enhancements to the Disney Wonder This Fall

Disney Cruise Line Brings New Experiences and Enhancements to the Disney Wonder This Fall
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-enhancements-to-the-disney-wonder-this-fall/

when you click on if you click on the links attached in the article it will give you renditions of what they are talking about...they are doing to the Wonder what has already been done to the Magic :) Yay us!!!!sure wish they had decided on the AuqaDuck like the Magic has as well....I find it strange that it is not posted that they are...hopefully they have it in their plans and it was just not in the article...

Last edited:
I enjoyed doing this way to much and I'm a total nerd about statistics - so here are the numbers of available staterooms as of today (the changes are kind of interesting actually):

24 Standard inside aft
18 standard inside mid
25 standard inside fore
12 deluxe inside aft
16 deluxe inside mid
15 deluxe inside fore
110 available inside (4 booked since 6/3/16)

8 Deluxe oceanview aft
16 deluxe oceanview mid
40 deluxe oceanview fore
64 available oceanview (windows) (no change)

66 deluxe oceanview with verandah aft
16 deluxe oceanview with verandah mid
16 deluxe oceanview with verandah fore
98 available verandahs (8 released since 6/3/16)

8 deluxe family oceanview with verandah aft
8 deluxe family oceanview with verandah mid
14 deluxe family oceanview with verandah fore
30 available family verandahs (no change)

3 Concierge 1 bedroom aft
6 Concierge 1 bedroom mid
2 Concierge 1 bedroom fore
2 Concierge 2 bedroom fore
13 available concierge (no change)
Royals are taken

Net -4 bookings since last Friday. 311 available staterooms (assuming all are released for booking).

The reason I'm so interested in this is I desperately want Disney to keep a ship on the west coast. But if they don't sell would they keep a ship here? Maybe people just aren't as willing to pay so much for a west coast cruise - but if they keep the Wonder in the Caribbean except for the Alaska season they'd make more money on her since people will generally pay more for Caribbean sailings. I'd love to see cheaper Disney cruises on our side of the country, but I think it's hard to justify business-wise unless they lower the prices.

Just for fun I'll keep doing this once a week or so unless everyone finds it annoying. I'll also keep an eye on price changes - maybe we'll get lucky and they'll drop prices!

lol....I love stats as well.....but you are way to funny :) that is helpful info for anyone that may want to change their cabin....due to being all filled up at the time in the CAT they wanted.....

As for the West coast cruise...people were asking for the 7 day to come back....they have had the 5 day for a long time but usually in May...this time they also have May and October :) plus the 7 day...the 7 day fills up fast...there ar a lot of folks that dont want to travel to far for just a 5 day cruise because the 5 day goes so super fast.....if not for a $$$ issue at this time I would have for sure booked the 7 day...but I really want the 7 day to be here in the summers.....

Where is everyone by the way....we are so far the only 3 people posting in here....I know that it is aways away but that never stopped anyone before.....I have not seen a thread anywhere else for this cruise but here....I do prefer posting here over FB and I made a FB but no one came there for me to direct here.

With everything going on in the middle East and EU it is said that there is a big lull in the Mediterranean cruises...for all cruise lines. Dont blame them....no way at this time with all that is going on there would I take my kids there....not to mention myself. So Im hoping since Mexico is calming down some they will bring more back here.....to Mexico from SD...Alaska is always popular...and would love to do another 14 day through the Panama Canal....but that would also have to be in the summer ...or with just me and my DH....my DH is 63 and Im 56......our boys are 19 and 22....yup we started our family late after our careers were settled :)

If you ever get a chance save for the Alaska cruise and YOU MUST get a verandah...but save for it and go...it is an awesome cruise :) but for know I am looking forward to this cruise and just driving 20 minutes to the ship :) How sweet it is :)

We'd love to do Alaska some day, but that's so out of our price range. Maybe when our kids are older and when we can get grandparents to take them off our hands.

We talked about a 7-day but it was just a bit out of our price range and we thought that might be a bit long for our kids. California coast is just right for driving for us. It's about 10 hours to get to San Diego but my in-laws live in St George, UT and it's about 6.5 hours from there. I also have an uncle that lives in Orange County so we'd either stay with my uncle the night before the cruise or get a hotel room in SD. I have a fun idea for surprising the kids if we stay in town.

We'd tell the kids that we're taking a vacation to San Diego so they don't get suspicious. We'd stay in one of the hotels in the marina area, maybe towards Point Loma. Get up in the morning, check out and say we're going to go see an aircraft carrier (USS Midway). Park at the Wyndham, and while my wife has the kids distracted I'd get our bags checked in. At some point they'll have noticed the Wonder and we'd be all "Oh, wouldn't that be cool. Maybe we can get a look at it while we're here." Basically make a game out of seeing how long we can keep them from figuring out what we're doing. My very perceptive son will probably figure it out pretty quickly, my daughter will only be 4 when we go so she might not.

As I'm waiting for a meeting to start I counted out the available staterooms on the 7-day (I think there may be something wrong with me...).

There are 242 available staterooms for the 7-day cruise. Very bottom category heavy, indoor staterooms and ocean views. Most verandahs are sold and there are only a few concierge rooms left.

I love your plan with your kids...it will be a wonderful surprise if you can hold off that long telling them...for me I have to tell the day I book because I just cant keep my mouth from talking about the cruise I booked...lol...if you need any help with anything from my end just let me know....that is since I live in San Diego :) if it will help you save some $$$$ you are welcome to keep your car at my home...20 minutes away :) parking is never cheep in SD ....you can take UBER or if we have enough room in my expedition (seats 8 before luggage we might be able to help with a ride...we can see...but for sure parking your car here is no problem :)

You really don't have a life do you....lol....Counting available state rooms...hehehe ...your to funny :)

So have you ever been here to SD before????

OH BY THE WAY...I would stay the night in SD because rush hr from LA to hear is TERRIBLE and you would run the risk of not making it in time....if your able to stay 2 nights here that is even better :) lots to do without having to spend any money....

Last edited:
Hello. We just canceled our 5 day cruise in May and signed up for this cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Our 1st cruise was a 7 day W. Caribbean on the Fantasy last Oct. We are from Lynwood, CA "L.A. Area". We plan on driving down the day before. Love San Diego.

The stateroom updates are great. I feel better now that I now there is another that counts the empty staterooms.

Hello. We just canceled our 5 day cruise in May and signed up for this cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Our 1st cruise was a 7 day W. Caribbean on the Fantasy last Oct. We are from Lynwood, CA "L.A. Area". We plan on driving down the day before. Love San Diego.

The stateroom updates are great. I feel better now that I now there is another that counts the empty staterooms.

We are happy to meet you :) I would like to add you to the ROLL CALL can you share some info so I can fill you in :) like names, ages when cruise begins, cabin # , dining and any special occasions you be celebrating :) oh and where you are from :)

You will love the small ship feel ....and the special attention you get from being on a smaller ship...not to mention the people seem to be so much nicer....my family loves the Magic and the Wonder....

So much nicer sailing closer to home...hope skip and a jump to get to the ship...no flying :) is there a reason you chose the 5 day at this time and not the 7 day? October weather by the way is still warm...May is cold most of the time...plus more rainy...that is when we get rain :)

Time for my occasional "bored at work" stateroom report. I've bolded any changes since the last update so they're easy to find. Last update was 6/8/16. Numbers were gathered with 2 adults in a stateroom. I'm assuming Disney isn't holding back any staterooms for booking.

Monday 6/20/16
24 Standard inside aft (unchanged since 6/8/16)
21 standard inside mid (+3 available since 6/8/16)
25 standard inside fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
12 deluxe inside aft (unchanged since 6/8/16)
16 deluxe inside mid (unchanged since 6/8/16)
15 deluxe inside fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
113 available inside (+3 available since 6/8/16)

8 Deluxe oceanview aft (unchanged since 6/8/16)
16 deluxe oceanview mid (unchanged since 6/8/16)
40 deluxe oceanview fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
64 available oceanview (windows) (unchanged since 6/8/16)

61 deluxe oceanview with verandah aft (-5 available since 6/8/16)
16 deluxe oceanview with verandah mid (unchanged since 6/8/16)
16 deluxe oceanview with verandah fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
93 available verandahs (-5 available since 6/8/16)

8 deluxe family oceanview with verandah aft (unchanged since 6/8/16)
8 deluxe family oceanview with verandah mid (unchanged since 6/8/16)
14 deluxe family oceanview with verandah fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
30 available family verandahs

3 Concierge 1 bedroom aft (unchanged since 6/8/16)
5 Concierge 1 bedroom mid (-1 available since 6/8/16)
2 Concierge 1 bedroom fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
2 Concierge 2 bedroom fore (unchanged since 6/8/16)
12 available concierge (-1 available since 6/8/16)
Royals are taken

312 staterooms available out of 875 total. Currently at 65% occupancy. Net change since last update -3 staterooms available.

Donathius....you are just to funny...lol..

Im sorry to say that I wont be sailing with you...my BFf decided to cruise after she said she was not but booked for the Oct 8th cruise....UGH...she is off school at that time for OCT break...she is a teacher. I really like this date and that is why I booked it. But she is my BFF and she will be cruising with me for her second cruise.

I will keep coming in here and updating your info to the first 3 pages since I started this thread and makes it hard for anyone else to update it on first 3 pges....I will come in every week to see what is up and post :) Im leaving the cruise but not the tread :)

It's looking like we're going to cancel as well! :guilty: My work has a deal with some travel agencies that do hotels and vacation rentals in Orlando and I found that we can do a week at Disney World (tickets, hotel and airfare) for $1200 less than the cruise. So we're either going to go to DW instead or go to Disneyland a couple times.

It's looking like we're going to cancel as well! :guilty: My work has a deal with some travel agencies that do hotels and vacation rentals in Orlando and I found that we can do a week at Disney World (tickets, hotel and airfare) for $1200 less than the cruise. So we're either going to go to DW instead or go to Disneyland a couple times.

sorry to hear that you are canceling...after all who is going to update everyone on what cabins are still available...:) that was fun ton look at....you will have a great time at WDW...go there instead of DL...WDW is sooo much better.... :) have a great time no matter what you decide and maybe we will be on a cruise together another time :)

ROLL CALL

1) "Got Disney" Robin 56, Billie 62(DH) Michael 19(DS) No longer on this cruise but will keep it updated since I started the page :) we have changed to the Oct 8th Baha
Cabin # 2604
Dining: Late seating
From San Diego, ca.

2) Whittersc6363 (Whitney:28), husband (30), and our son (6).
Cabin# 2012
Dining: late seating

3) Poptarts (Kathie: 48), daughter (19)
Cabin#8546
Dining: early seating
From Orange County, CA

Hi!
This will be our first cruise and I'm so excited. We would love to participate in the Fish Extender. Should I keep an eye out for the start at this thread?
Thanks! Kathie

3) Poptarts (Kathie: 48), daughter (19)
Cabin#8546
Dining: early seating
From Orange County, CA

You have been added :)

Hi!
This will be our first cruise and I'm so excited. We would love to participate in the Fish Extender. Should I keep an eye out for the start at this thread?
Thanks! Kathie

keep an eye on this thread till more people come in....Im posting because I started this thread but changed to the 8th cruise date :) I will add FE people as the cruise gets closer :)
Congrats on your first Disney cruise...they ROCK! great when you are local to just hop on and off :) and no flying needed :)

Last edited:
Thanks "got disney"! So nice of you to keep up this thread when you are no longer traveling on this particular cruise!

no problem :) I will keep checking back to see who needs to be added to roll call and who wants what posted to the first 3 pages :)

I'm happy to volunteer to organize the FE. I've never done it before but I'm a pretty organized person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter