Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

I miss it terribly! I did the Disney College Program in spring of 2015, and it spoiled me! I went from living/working/breathing Disney everyday to now being 12 hours away :(

Kinect_Disneyland_Adventures_cover.png

I know this is DL and not WDW (I would love to see a WDW sequel though), but it really is a fun way to cope with the Disney blues. Most of the popular Disney rides such as BTMRR, Space Mountain, PotC, and Splash Mountain are mini games which are neat and somewhat challenging if you are the perfectionist wanting the platinum medal. This game does require Kinect, but it's crazy how you can walk around park and the attention to detail (it even has hidden Mickeys!).

This seems awesome! I've never seen it before. I definitely wish they had a WDW version.

It's a thing. And I am dealing with my depression one day at a time lol.
Since it is expensive to travel to Orlando from Canada, I don't get to go near enough. Before I go again, I need Star Wars land to open, which means Toystory will be done, and then avatar land will be there too. ROL wasn't up and running the first week of December when I was there, that will be exciting too!

In Xmas day, the Disney parks parade was on tv, that helped me!
My new Epcot shirt shrunk I think, in the wash. I was devastated!! And wanted to go back to replace it :(

I'd like to be able to shop on the parks shopping app, but it doesn't work outside of the USA, and they charge me like 60$ shipping for a $30 item..

I have this same problem!! Like others here have said, we definitely start planning right away for the next trip, but another fun thing I've found is the Disney Magic Kingdoms game in the App Store! It allows you to create your own park and interact with all your favorite Disney characters! It's a fun way to pass the time until your next trip!! There's a fun DIS thread for the game if you all decide to try it out!! Have fun planning!!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-magic-kingdoms-tips.3494259/

This!!! Magic Kingdoms has helped fight my Disney Withdrawals so much! Especially since 2016 was the first year since I think 2011 that I didn't go to WDW. I play that a lot, and usually I watch a lot of the Disney documentaries - especially the ones on Hulu - but those have gotten a bit old for me (and just outdated). I also like reading books on Walt Disney's life, because not only do they make me feel closer to the spirit of the park but it inspires me as I continue in my career. I listen to the parks music too, but lately the biggest help has been listening to the Dis Unplugged. I only found it in December, and listened to like 6 months worth of episodes between then and now (I work from home and it gets lonely).

I have also been planning my "ultimate dream trip" since March, which will be in 2021 for my 30th Birthday and hopefully the 50th anniversary (I'm worried they won't be celebrating it during my March birthday). That's a long time to plan though, so I think I'm going to try to get a trip in this year.

I listen to the podcasts, watch Disney movies, and buy Disney merchandise on occasion to make the pain not so bad, but sometimes, they just make me miss it more!

Just got back this past Saturday. Sitting here, staring at my screen at work, in a complete fog. Probably can't go again until at least mid-2018 has me in deep PDD. The wife and I are starting to seriously discuss moving to Florida (Davenport area, perhaps). Even something as simple as going to Disney Springs would help a lot, but that's not possible living 10 hours away.

I go through that a lot .And that it is or has been nearly four years since I been to Disney World. Hope to go very soon!

We moved to Florida for the weather and to be closer to family, but being a half hour away was the icing on the cake. We had withdrawal all the time. We came down every year or two and were miserable when we had to leave. We just became annual passholders.:earsboy:

Same boat here. Had a wonderful 2 days in the park, was on a Disney High for a few days, then then the blues hit. Have started to work on a scrapbook of the trip and have been having a treat from the Germany pavilion every few days. Tried to recreate the braised beef from BOG yesterday and am looking into recreating a dole float. Didn't think we'd be back till 2020 (husband is not a Disney fan) but may have changed his mind this trip since I had such a good plan into place for this trip. He's mentioned that if we want to go for one day next year he'd be up for that, yeah!!! It has helped researching AK to see what that's all about since we have not visited that park and by then Pandora should be open.

Has anybody read the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson? They are YA fantasy and the first one is called Disney After Dark and is set in the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??

Oh boy, I know how you feel. We struggle with Disney withdraws every year. Just can't get the Mickey off my back.
Here is what I do...
1. During my vacation I vlog every day usually before a meal or event. I attempt to document every event and meal so we can remember it all. When I get back home I edit my vlog and enjoy the photos I took. This could keep me going for a couple of months.
2. From September to January my family is crazy busy and low on funds. We have multiple birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Every holliday we dream/morn about going to WDW during the school year.
3. January is the most difficult. We do our best not to crack and attempt to scrounge up the $200.00 deposit for a booking in early May/June. Sometimes we are lucky enough to book our next fix and start making ADRs right away.
4. Usually by February we have booked our next Disney World hit and at that point we indulge in research. We look up all the changes, new restaurants, vlogs on youtube and new attractions and any refurbishments posted.
5. From March until May/June we binge watch Dis Unplugged and attempt to catch up on all the details that I have missed out on during the year. If you have kids this is the perfect time to watch WDW surpirse videos. Depending upon our kids summer plans we alter our vacations. There are times that our kids don't all go. Believe it or not, they are pretty cool with missing a Disney trip especially if they have a youth trip or sporting activity planned for the summer. Our family of 6 has to be flexible so we have built in a plan B for every trip.

Disclaimer: There have been years that we do not go. In such cases my world comes to a disney apocalypse. "There will be a weeping and gnashing of teeth!"

Because we're DVC members, we make sure to have another trip booked before we leave. Then on our way out we say "Bye Disney, see you in x months" :wave:

I've been back for a month and i really miss it! Six days was not long enough! I am planning for a trip probably October 2018. 20 months is a long time aways but with our jobs and our small twenty something budget, that's the earliest we could plan for!

This is my first post on the DIS but I couldn't not share on this post! I hate PDD :( It's the worst and definitely starts on the ME back to MCO. When we left the Beach Club last year the Captain came out to wave goodbye and I cried, a lot! I do love reading/writing trip reports though, I think that helps. Also... zooming in on Google Earth to my favourite spots and lighting an Anthology candle of the Beach Club. Wish I could go back soon!

Myself, my wife, and daughter first started going to WDW in 2014. We did 8 days at WL. Everyone had told us what a great time we would have, but I figured it would be a one time thing to check off the list. I couldn't have been more wrong, as we were planning the next trip before the first one was over. Fast forward 3 years, and we have been 5 times, including an anniversary trip for just me and the wife to DL last October, and have 2 trips planned for this year. The Disney bug bit us hard, and we get seriously bummed when we have to come home. The best thing we have found to cure the post-Disney blues is the same thing many others have mentioned........plan the next trip!

Disney is such a magical place, that it's hard to return to the real world! Luckily I've been able to visit there several times in the last 5 months, and am planning a few more trips. That's what happens when you buy an annual pass - you feel compelled to use it!!

Man am I glad I found this site!!!!! I thought I was the lone stranger feeling this sad. Misery does love company. We were at WDW at the end of last month, & I've been in a funk ever since we left. What's worse is it will probably be 2020 before we go back (waiting for Star Wars/Toy Story land & Pandora to open) . I've been spending way too much time watching WDW walkthroughs & WDW related videos. So does anyone else save their magic bands, park brochures, Disney correspondence etc from their trip like a little shrine?

This is my first post and I'm SO glad I found others who share the same Disney addiction I have! We just got married in Disney World last month and this trip was the hardest to say goodbye to. It was also our first time staying at Poly and it definitely hurt walking onto the Magical Express to go back to the airport. We've already started planning the next trip!

I totally feel this all the time. WDW commercials make me cry because I'm aching to be there. Luckily my fiance and I are going there on our honeymoon in May. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter