Disney with a six year old????

Just one thing! That's a tough question. My dd(5) loves Its a Small World passionately, she's pretty passionate about Goofy's Barnstormer too - if the park just had those 2 rides, she'd be a pretty happy bunny.
I could go on and on though, there are loads of things in all the parks, that she loves

bev

Too many to pick one!!

I have a DD so anything to do with the Princesses like the Castle Breakfast and the Cinderella show she loves.

At 5 and 6 she LOVED ToT, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Test Track! She can't wait to be tall enough to ride RnR which should be this December (she's 7 now)!!

She LOVED Fantasmic Show!

She LOVED the parade at MK (and MGM)!

Those are probably the top things my DD loved from 5 years and up!

ToT, Test Track, RnR, Splash Mtn. These are the favs of my just turned 6 yr old DS.

If I had to choose the one thing my GD enjoyed the most last summer (she was 5½) it would be meeting the characters and getting their autographs.

It was her first trip to Disney and she loved everything we did, as did her then 7 y.o. brother with the exception being put in the corner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe for having his elbows on the table ... he's still not sure it wasn't all in good fun, LOL!

I'd say their favorite attraction was the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set playground ... we visited it several times last summer and it's the first place they want to go when we go back this summer.

Their favs at MK were the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mtn RR ... at AK it was Dinosaur and the Boneyard ... they also loved one of the slides at TL ... but I can't remember it's name ... it was a tunnel slide and I thought Cissy was a bit too young for it as she could hardly swim, but the CM kept an eye out for her in case she needed help swimming across the landing pool ... she looked so cute frantically dog paddling across the pool!

My six year old boy is crazy about the peter pan ride and the buzz lightyear ride, but he can't stand small world, he says it is a baby ride, but rides to keep his little brother and sister happy.

We took the girls for the first time in May...

Your window for CRT breakfast is coming up - I'm sure you know this! We also LOVED eating at Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends.

Neither girl has been adventurous in the past - but they really tried almost everything and handled all just fine even if they didn't like it much.

Top favorites - Test Track, Thunder Mountain, and Goofy for "Thrills" (The 9-y-o also loved Space Mt)
Haunted Mansion
Kilamanjaro Safari (We were chosen "First Family" that day and got a "Magical Moments" certificate)
Star Tours
Beauty and the Beast show
Lion King show
Little Mermaid show
Buzz Lightyear - over and over and over and over!

LOVED TYPHOON LAGOON - RODE EVERYTHING MULTIPLE TIMES!
My DD -7 was not a very good swimmer and loved it all!

Enjoy your trip planning...my girls loved "WDW for Kids by Kids" book and they are still getting it out to talk about our trip!

My DS is 6 and loves Buzz lightyear and TT in Epcot. I have to agree with momof3... who stated that her son didn't like It's a Small World. My son will go, but he uses this more as down time and looking at the maps to decide what he wants to do next. He would be quite happy to skip this but knows that my DD (2) likes it. He also really loves Fantasmic - "Mickey fighting the bad guys" as he phrashes it.

My daughter was five and my son was eight on our first trip to Disney World. Splash Mountain was by far their favorite ride. (Although they loved them all). Eating dinner at Chef Mickey's on our first night was certainly a highlight of our trip. The whole family enjoyed riding in the front of the monorail with the pilot. My son loved the arcade at All Star Movies. I honestly can't think of anything we did at Disney World that they did not enjoy!

My daughter went for the first time at 5 1/2, then went again last Dec. at a little older than 6.

The first trip - her favorite ride was Space Mountain - but her favorite park was Epcot. She absolutely loved the World Showcase (for the shopping!) and the Kidcot stations. We spent two full days there working on her mask, etc. She loved the Tapestry parade - we miss that tremendously!! She was going through a fearful stage at this point - wasn't fond of dark, scary rides or anything with FIRE! She hated Fantasmic!

In December, at 6, her favorite ride was now Rock N Roller Coaster (she is tall for her age!). She conquered her fear of fire and dark - and loved most of the other rides as well. She is iffy about Splash Mountain - she likes it okay, but doesn't care for the big drop (probably because we were stuck on this ride for 50 minutes on our first trip!) Spectromagic is a big hit, as well as Buzz Lightyear. She does not like the MGM park at all!! Even though RNRC is her favorite ride - she wants to go in - ride it - and get out!! This park makes her want to go back to the resort and swim! She loved AK and the Lion King show and the Safari. But again, Epcot was probably her favorite park overall. We did do the Princess breakfasts in both the castle and in Norway - we preferred the Norway one - food was better, IMO, and it was much more relaxing. We also had better character interaction - and we got JASMINE - our 6 year old's favorite!! We also had Mulan here - Snow White, Aurora, and Belle were at both breakfasts, while Mary Poppins and Cindy were only at the castle.

Don't give up on Epcot just because it's "educational". Future World has great interactive stuff along with the shows and rides, and World Showcase is just a blast!

DD was almost 5 (3 months away) for our last trip and she alwasy answers the kids area at BB.

I've not yet had a 6 yo w/ us at WDW (we will come Sept.) but I've read that this is the BEST age to take a kid. They are old enough to ride most of the rides and appreciate the special effects but young enough to get caught up in the magic and make-believe.
I'm so looking forward to seeing Disney through the eyes of all of my children but esp. 6 yo DS! (#3). Hope you have a great trip!

DD is 6...

She loves Test Track, Splash Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer, and Minnie's house in Toon Town. She also likes Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours and character breakfasts. She likes to meet Charaters in Camp Minnie Mickey.

She does NOT like HISTA, ITTBAB or TTA (which is one my favs!)

I took my 6 yo niece last month (along with her 8 yo cousin, my nephew) and they were the best age! I've taken the older kids in previous years but these 2 were about my approximate "real" age I guess!:D
Haunted Mansion was DN's favorite ride (although she was scared the first time, then begged to go again & again.) But the favorite thing of both kids was the Family Magic tour that we did. They got really involved in solving the clues and were over the moon about riding on Small World with Peter Pan. They truly believe they saved the World! They have an unshakeable faith in Disney magic now, which thrills me.

Along the lines of magic, when we went to Fantasmic it was pouring buckets of rain. DN said to me "If Tinkerbell was here, she would stop the rain." Later when Tink came on the waterscreen, DN nudged me and said "Now the rain stopped." And it had, just at that moment! She was just like: "I told you Tinkerbell would stop the rain for us." No question in her mind it was magic - and I think she might be right!

My DD is 6 and we had a blast, crazymomof4 said it correctly. Perfect age, they are old enough for most everything and still young enough to be caught up in the magic. My DD favorites were: Buzz Lightyear ride and Goofy's Barnstromer in MK. Our last day was spent doing things she wanted to do again before we left for home and that is all she wanted to do was ride both of those rides. She also talks alot about sitting up front on the monorail and our breakfast at Chef Mickey's. The character interaction was great there. She is already planning a trip for next year :D

She doesn't have to twist my arm.

Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter