disney visa promotion

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
I currently have a trip booked NOT using my disney visa card. in order to get the promotion do I have to cancel the trip currently booked, and rebook with my disney visa and when I get my money back from the cancelled trip I can just pay my card? or can I call and just have them apply the room discount?

I currently have a trip booked NOT using my disney visa card. in order to get the promotion do I have to cancel the trip currently booked, and rebook with my disney visa and when I get my money back from the cancelled trip I can just pay my card? or can I call and just have them apply the room discount?

No need to cancel your current booking. Just call and see if they can apply the offer to your current booking. They will need you to make an additional $200 payment with your Disney Visa to qualify. Or you can just wait until Monday when the the General Public offers drop.

I called today and had the Visa deal added on. They did not require me to cancel or put an additional $200 down. I just had to verify my last four digits on my card. Also it's important to remember it is up to 20% off for moderates. It only saved me $80 on a six night ressie at Riverside. Depends on your room choice.

What is the percent offer on the deluxe resorts (Poly)? Does the % off depend on the room type?

Up to 25% off for deluxes. Might only be 15%. Yes, depends on room type and availability.

What's the offer? I've scoured through all of my email and don't see details anywhere.

Disney Chase Visa. Opens to public on Monday. Mousesavers has the details.

I already had a split-stay booked, but I called yesterday and managed to have the discount applied. I saved $166 on three nights at BC (10%) and $82 on three night at Riverside (10%). I'm a little disappointed in the size of the discount!

They don't have rooms that work for our family left at the other resorts with larger percentages on the days we're going.

I have the BWI deluxe club booked and will be calling Monday to see if they will apply any discount. When I called this week, pretending to have a Disney Visa, she said room type qualified and that the discount would be 20%. Curious to see if that's true Monday. We all know we can/do get different answers each time we call.....:jester:

So I have a reservation for 3/10 - 3/19 at CS Buisness Class and was planning to upgrade to the BC hopefully with a bounce back offer during our Thanksgiving stay.
After hearing about the Visa offer I decided to call and like it has been said many times before on these boards it really depends on who you talk to :rolleyes:

The first cast member said I would have to cancel my existing room only reservation and rebook because my initial deposit was not paid with my Disney Visa even though I was going to pay the price difference with my Disney Visa.

I call back a second time and I can switch resorts take advantage of the current promotion while not canceling just upgrading with the discount 25% and just pay the price difference with my Disney Visa.

When I asked them to check the only availablility at CS were king rooms no BC and when I inquired about the Beach Club was told they did not have any discount just the Yacht Club.

Just sharing my experience today but I am truly happy to now be at the Yacht Club with a 25% discount pixiedust: :woohoo:

Save up to 25% on a room only reservation at Walt Disney World!
Discount available for stays most nights 1/1/17 - 4/8/17.
Save up to 25% with a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts!

• Value Resorts
    • All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation Family Suites, Pop Century - Save 15%
    • All-Star Movies - Save 10%
  • Moderate Resorts
    • Fort Wilderness (cabins only), Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs - Save 20%
    • Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter - Save 10%
  • Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts
    • Animal Kingdom Lodge, BoardWalk Inn, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (studios only), Saratoga Springs - Save 25%
    • Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Save 15%
    • Beach Club, Contemporary, Polynesian Village Resort, Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House and Kidani Village), Beach Club Villas, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Save 10%
Book by 12/21/16. Advance reservations are required. A valid Disney Visa card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card must be used to pay the deposit. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Little Mermaid Standard rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort and the Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.

I was able to get two rooms at 25% off at the WL with the Disney Visa offer this morning. I am going to keep an eye out for a better deal, though, like a room only bounce back or an annual pass discount. :)

I called and booked on the 28th. Already had $300 deposit on TC, and I needed to an additional payment of $200 on the Disney Visa. No biggie. Because I already had YV reserved, no swapping of rooms or resorts was necessary for me.

The deal is......

Book select rooms, most nights, January 1, 2017, to April 8, 2017

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort

Save 15% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort—Family Suites Save 15%

Save 20% (Sun – Thurs Only):
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Save 10% (Sun – Thurs Only):
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside

Save 25%:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Save 15%:
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Save 25%:
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Studios Only)

Save 10%:
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas—Jambo House and Kidani Village

Best of luck to everyone with their reservations!

Is there a special link you need to follow to see the discounted prices?
If you have the Disney Visa, you should be able to go into disneyrewards.com and follow the first "Limited Time Offers" link at the bottom of the page. It takes you to a bunch of offers, but the first one should be the newest Disney Visa offer, click Learn More to the right and it takes you into disneyworld.com, which shows you more and allows you to price it yourself. It may look like the room only discount when you start, but the Play, Stay, and Dine Offer pops up when you search dates.

I called today and had the Visa deal added on. They did not require me to cancel or put an additional $200 down. I just had to verify my last four digits on my card. Also it's important to remember it is up to 20% off for moderates. It only saved me $80 on a six night ressie at Riverside. Depends on your room choice.
The discount on Riverside rooms was only 10% for Sunday - Thursday. That's why it didn't come out to be as much as discounts in the past.

I called and booked today with my Disney Visa as my $200 deposit. I was told all the value resorts had no rooms for this offer left and we usually stay at the Pop. So after pricing almost every resort left we ended up with a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside, Disney dining, 7 day tickets and 9 nights for $5238. When I priced it online without discounts and then figured it up it ended up being a 25% discount. I booked 5 packages for my whole family (19 people). It was a long process.
Side note- I thought it would be impossible to book dining reservations with 19 people but if you are flexible it's possible. We even got quite a few that I was hoping for!

Just changed my resort from Port Orleans Riverside to AKL. Only had a 10% discount at POR, where AKL is 25% discount. Only $350 more for a six night stay. Well worth it.

My card is in the mail. I already have a discounted reservation with free dining. Can I get an additional discount added with the card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter