Disney Visa Card

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
Not seeing anything current so I thought Id ask. Sorry if its been answered. I am contemplating getting a Disney Visa for an upcoming trip. Is there a list of stores and restaurants where the card gives discounts? Just wondering if its worth it for our trip, not our future purchases.

I found that link, thank you. But what does it mean for select merchandise? Is it just certain items or does it mean certain stores?

You need to click on "view participating locations" under each category, it's breaks down the stores and dining locations you can get the discounts in.

I always ask at the store before I make any purchase if I will get a Disney Visa discount at that store if my purchase is over $50 - that way I can confirm they participate before I get to the register.

As for the select merchandise, the only things I think I didn’t get a discount on were the reusable shopping bags they sold at each park and the actual personalization (custom wording, dates, artwork) on Christmas ornaments - other than that I have gotten the discount on all other merchandise including a Dooney & Bourke purse and wallet, t-shirts, PJs, artwork from Art of Disney, Jim Shore figurines, ornaments, baby clothes, kitchen stuff, animal figurines from AK, etc.

But what does it mean for select merchandise?
You have to click the tiny 3 footnote:

Offer and offer elements including, but not limited to, participating locations and eligible items, are subject to availability, capacity limitations, closures, and additional restrictions and exclusions, may change or be canceled without notice, and are not guaranteed. A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as form(s) of payment at the time of purchase for full amount of purchase and mention this offer. Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of the following: ticket media, Disney Gift Cards, Theme Park admission, arcades, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Disney Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECVs), personalization, Disney PhotoPass® purchases (e.g., purchases through any application, website or onsite sales location), Memory Maker and Memory Maker One Day, Capture Your Moment and other photo sessions requiring reservations, select print packages, original or consignment art, select limited editions, select collectibles, select specialized toys, select specialty items (including, without limitation, one-of-a-kind art, Disney-branded original art, celebrity memorabilia, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program, framed Disney Gift Cards, framed ticket media, Walt Disney Classics Collection, handmade products (physically touched by an artist/vendor) and artist-signed Vinylmation), purchase-with-purchase offers, select reusable shopping bags, newspapers/periodicals, books, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (including, without limitation, MP3 players, video players, video games, DVDs, Blu-ray™ disks, CDs, videos, and software media), national branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladró®, Swarovski® Crystal, Tiffany & Co.® Jewelry, Bvlgari®, handmade items, special orders, live auction artwork, select product launches, select premium branded items, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers, and Droid Depot packages, phone, internet, email or mail order purchases, shipping or taxes. Discount is not available at games, Cast Connection, Disney’s Character Premiere, Disney’s Character Warehouse or Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned or operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort, except for ALEX AND ANI®, Arribas Brothers locations (Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers, Silhouette Portraits, Crystal Arts stores and kiosks), Basin®, Basin White®, Chapel Hats (store and kiosk), Columbia Sportswear Company, Good Fortune Gifts and House of Good Fortune, Joffrey’s coffee/tea kiosks and Tea Traders Café by Joffrey’s, Just Fun Socks, Levi’s®, Luxury of Time, Melissa Shoes, Origins® at Disney Springs®, Sanuk, Shop for Ireland at Raglan Road™, Sperry, Stance, Sugarboo & Co., Tommy Bahama, UGG, and Volcom. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts or promotions. Separate Theme Park admission and Theme Park reservation may be required. Discount is for personal use only and may not be transferred or used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise.

Am I correct in my understanding that you must use your Disney Visa to get the discount? I was thinking of getting the card, but I usually buy gift cards all year long to finance my trip and pay for my souvenirs. If I have to use my Visa for purchases, I would have to adjust my gift card habit.

Am I correct in my understanding that you must use your Disney Visa to get the discount? I was thinking of getting the card, but I usually buy gift cards all year long to finance my trip and pay for my souvenirs. If I have to use my Visa for purchases, I would have to adjust my gift card habit.

Yes you have to use your Disney Visa to pay to get the discount.

is there still a Disney visa customer service at Disney Springs? Is there anywhere else? thank you

We got the Disney Visa discount at Polite Pig in Disney Springs and didn't have to use it to pay, we just had to show the Disney Visa...We paid with a Disney gift card. Not sure if this happens all the time or we just got a very nice cast member who gave us the discount!

But we used the Disney Visa to get the discount at all the merchandise shops in the parks and at Disney Springs where we made purchases.

I have yet to be turned down for a 10% discount on merchandise as long as the total was over $50. Every now and then they’ll give it to you for an under $50 total but that is obviously not part of the deal. The only thing I thought recently they might turn me down on was one of the Christopher Radko 50th ornaments but they gave me the discount.

anyone else notice that the list of restaurants that give the discount gets smaller and smaller?

I tried to use my Disney card the whole week while we were there a couple of weeks ago. No luck anywhere but Boma. We ate at Be Our Guest, Oga's, SciFi Drive In, Via Napoli, and a few other places. We tried to use it for a discount and was told no. Also tried at various vendors around the parks as well as shops. Even the big stores. No luck. Anyone else?

Every try was over $50 purchases. No good. No photo places either. No perks were found other than Boma. Glad to have it still but wish they would have some other perks they would honor.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter