Disney Vault?

All signs point to Pinocchio being the next movie to be released, which would be in the spring.

True, but the same thing was said last year. :( I hope they're not waiting until the movie's 80th birthday. I could get a DVD now easily enough but I really want a digital copy for my daughter.

This is why I routinely check thrift stores for DVDs. Most online prices are pretty high since the sellers know people will pay for them, but at the thrift shop, they're only a buck or two like the other DVDs.

However, Lion King on DVD seems to be nearly impossible to find anywhere right now for a reasonable price!!

Another good place to check is Rite Aid. They periodically get Disney DVDs in stock, especially at larger stores, and aren't usually the most popular place to buy DVDs. I remember seeing a whole pile of Cinderellas there once, and I'm pretty sure the film was either in the vault or going into the vault at the time. (The animated film, not the live action one).

True, but the same thing was said last year. :( I hope they're not waiting until the movie's 80th birthday. I could get a DVD now easily enough but I really want a digital copy for my daughter.

I doubt it since the last release commemorated the 70th anniversary, and movies typically come out of the vault every 6-7 years.

This is why I routinely check thrift stores for DVDs. Most online prices are pretty high since the sellers know people will pay for them, but at the thrift shop, they're only a buck or two like the other DVDs.

However, Lion King on DVD seems to be nearly impossible to find anywhere right now for a reasonable price!!

Another good place to check is Rite Aid. They periodically get Disney DVDs in stock, especially at larger stores, and aren't usually the most popular place to buy DVDs. I remember seeing a whole pile of Cinderellas there once, and I'm pretty sure the film was either in the vault or going into the vault at the time. (The animated film, not the live action one).

I got the Lion King for 9.99 on eBay a few months ago.

I love when things come back out of the Disney Vault, they start advertising for them again and jog your memory about all the movies you forgot you loved. I agree that everything can be found online now but it is still great marketing for Disney when the re-release so children who may not have seen these movies are exposed to the classics.

Gotta love the Disney vault!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter