Disney vacation account? what qualifies a "purchase" to get you the $20 GC

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I have a DVA and have used a portion of it to buy an AP for myself. Next year we will be doing a family trip -- no dining plan, we have Disney vacation club for our room and tickets i was going to keep an eye on undercover tourist. So my question is I know i can't use it for getting a gift card, but would using it to pay for prepaid dining (such as the hoop de do review) count? What other things can you prepay that are not listed below.

It doesn't really list it. Here is what it states:

You'll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total maximum of $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. All accounts registered to the same address are considered part of the same household.

Qualified vacation purchases include vacation packages for the Walt Disney World Resort or the Disneyland Resort, theme park tickets, room stays, cruise fare, and vacations by Adventures By Disney. Purchases of Disney Gift Cards are not qualified vacation purchases for purposes of this Bonus Program.

Just wondering if anyone has used it for things other than what is listed

Last year we went on a Dis Cruise and WDW. I paid for the cruise, park tickets, our stay at Art of animation and put $1000 into our shipboard account and it all counted towards the GC totals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter