• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Travel Essentials?

happymomof1

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what special things you like to pack , to have with you at Disney, that others may not have thought of....

For instance, I like to take a bunch of different size ziplock baggies(they fold nice and flat), put them in a larger ziplock and keep them in my tote with me. This way, if we get a snck, giant sucker, popcorn etc, I can just whip out a bag and save some for later if we do not finish it. Same goes for wet clothes when DS runs in a sprinkler, spills something.

I can't wait to get some great ideas! Let me have 'em!:yay:

Im with you on the zip lock bags!!! Also 2 trash bags for dirty clothes which all goes in 1 suitcase the day we leave... We decorate envelopes for MouseKeeping and this year a 1st for me will be the Clear Over the Door Shoe Organizer... Hoping that it'll end up saving us some counter space cause were staying at a Value Resort... Im also looking for a few white photo mats that I'll have the characters sign instead of Autograpgh books... We never managed to make it home with one... Always broke or got some kind of water damage... With my son into sports I grabbed him his own softball to have the characters sign for him! My DD also thinks she's a princess so I've already packed some of her better dresses she can wear in the parks... Prob gonna try to grab some glow sticks... Normally get those for Oriental Trading... My Son normally ends up passing them out to friends he meets during parades or lines for attractions... HHhhhmm... We leave in May Im trying to think what else I already have packed!!! But another must is Breakfast foods and plastic bowls and spoons!!! Id rather eat on the bus or in my room then deal with the morning rush of the resort eatery!!! Hopefully you found all that a bit helpfull!

Some febreaze for the hotel/resort room.. trust me.. it helps when you come back all sweaty and stinky from a day at the parks..paper plates if you order pizza to the room..

Glide (you'll be happy you have it)
ditto Neo-Sporin to go
These:
http://www.warmers.com/

these are OMG wonderful when it is rainy,cold and your feet start to feel like ice cubes
I keep extras to give anyone who seems unduly cold
(Back story to these: WDW, DD and me,mid Feb. sev. yrs. back: it was FREEZING and nary a sweatshirt ,gloves,jackets or anything to be found (I know! but for reals there was nada!, the pics of that trip show 2 happy,shivering drowned rats..now the hand warmers,sweats top and bottom are ALWAYS packed)
Little packets of Shout (just in case)
Whisp toothbrushes
these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DXWM2FAM6X4Q0M8H31V
these because they don't need to go in the ziploc
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0K6SKE8T1X5PEGB352MH
power bricks (between the 2 of us there are laptops,ipods,iphones,cameras,shavers and not enough outlets)
earplugs (no kids means we don't need to get up for rope drop and these let us snooze in peace [ I sort of miss the rope drop days;-/] )
I always wear the little neck wallet thing so tix and FP are at hand

Those are all great! Especially the Wisp Toothbrush tip--I love to brush after every meal, and sometimes it just doesn't feel that convenient in a busy-messy bathroom when you know there are other people waiting for your sink!

One more I thought of--for any coffee drinkers--Starbucks Via packets. I like to use just 1/2 of one, so will share with hubby. Sometimes it's hard to find a good cup of coffee when you really need one.(I am wondering though, if I'm not fixing it in our room, where will I have access to some hot water?):goodvibes

We tend to get turned around a bit at Disney World. I've found that apps like Park-A-Lot 3D Car Locator are WONDERFUL to have when you are trying to remember where you parked at the end of a long day of fun. You will of course need an Android smart phone to take advantage of this handy tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter