• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Teacher looking for ideas PLEASE. . . can ya'll help?

Rhongepooh

<font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c
Ok, I teach elementary gifted students and I have the beginnings of a unit on Disney World but would LOVE some suggestions and ideas! I sat here tonight and things were just popping into my head and can't WAIT to put it all together. I'd love some suggestions for activities AND opinions on the ideas I have. Ok, here is what I'm thinking SO far.....

The Wonderful World of Disney

1) Pick a Disney film that has a corresponding fairy tale or book. Compare and contrast the two.

2) Explain to students how Disney World takes some of it's favorite movies and creates rides for them. Have students watch several rides off Youtube and then create a new ride based on a Disney movie that has no current ride.

3) Explain how there are SOME rides that were rides FIRST and then were made into movies. Have students pick a ride and create a story behind the ride.

4) Have students create a T shirt to be sold as a souvenir.

5) Create a new character and create a back story to go with the character.

Ok, now I need some more ideas. Anyone have some?

Great ideas- what a fun teacher :thumbsup2!

Here's an idea for Epcot- give them some background about how it was originally imagined as Walt's vision of the future, and have them design their own "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow"....

Great ideas- what a fun teacher :thumbsup2!

Here's an idea for Epcot- give them some background about how it was originally imagined as Walt's vision of the future, and have them design their own "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow"....

That's a good one! It also helped me come up with another idea. . . have the students pick a new country to add to the World Showcase and have them create a ride for it!

Love this idea, I teach third grade and would like to do this also.

I'm off for spring break this week and will be working on it. If you like I'll send you a copy of the unit when I finish. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter