Disney Store/DCP.. are they connected?

alexandrad0423

Earning My Ears
Hey guys!

So basically I was interested in applying for DCP for fall... I applied to a local Disney Store while I was currently employed but was offered a job, I filled out all of my paperwork online and then was supposed to go for training but this is what happened, I work at a party store that is crazy for Halloween. I worked 22 days straight in October and was juggling school at the same time. I was always playing phone tag with the manager at the Disney store, she was never there when I called & when she called me I couldn't pick up but yesterday I got a call from her saying she's going to have to terminate me from the system, even though I haven't technically worked there yet. Does anyone know if the Disney store & dcp are connected? Is her terminating me from the system going to mess up my chances of even being considered now? :(

Disney Store is part of the same company and the systems are connected. There's a possibility that you will be given a "restricted rehire" status with the company if you were considered hired and then terminated.

Do you know if there anyway to find out if that titles placed on me or would I basically not find out until I try to apply for dcp?

If you do a search for 'Restricted Rehire Disney' you should get a result that explains how to contact casting and inquire about your status. The first result is a couple years old, but the process should be the same/similar

I'm sure there is a phone number you could call to double check, but I think since you never officially started working, if you apply for the DCP you probably will be considered new, not a rehire.

Yes they are, this exact situation happened to me in 2010 and I applied for the DCP every semester through 2014 before finding out that I was restricted rehire and that's why I never got in. I got a job at a different Disney store in 2014 where they overturned my status and got into the DCP as soon as I applied again. I interviewed at the first store, got a call I was hired, did a little meet and greet informal training, but somehow they put my phone number wrong into the computer after that, so after months of trying to get a hold of the manager and playing telephone tag I gave up, as it was a seasonal position anyways. Didn't realize it was going to mess up my chances for years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter