Disney Princess inspired necklaces!!

I love this! I have never made jewelry before. Did you by a "Disney Princess" kit or did you find the individual beads? Any additional information or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for sharing,
Dee

Thanks! No, no kit...I had in mind what Princess I wanted to match and started collecting beads. Purchased some at local craft stores, others from my already extensive collection (much to my dh's dismay), and others from jewelry I've taken apart that I no longer wanted. I like 18mm-20mm beads and I always use a spacer bead. Also, I'm big on symmetry-both sides need to match. The Minnie Mouse one, that was difficult for me to allow with the yellow bow, little anxiety over that one, but in the end I think it was the right decision.

I lay out the design on a necklace board and after adjusting and readjusting I strung them in less than a minute. Super easy to actual do once you have the beads you want and decide on the layout.

Of course, my dd is now refusing to wear them...but maybe she'll come around...four year old=little TOOTS! :lmao:

Also, I like the wire instead of elastic for stringing they hang nicer...anyway, youtube how to make a necklace and I'm sure there are a ton of videos. You'll need what ever findings (closures) you like and be sure to use a crimp bead...but watch a video-super easy. And don't go by the tools, simple needle nose pliers work just fine!

Oh, my gracious!!! I love them and I don't even wear jewelry..but....my 7 year old granddaughter would wear them!!!! She's a jewelry queen at her age:)

As if I don't have enough hobbies in my life right now?:rolleyes1 Love them:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter