Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

made it to round 2 for WDW :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I've applied every year, made round 2 for runDisney a few years ago but not again until this year. Now it's time to panic about the video.

I am thrilled to be moving on to round 2 for WDW! :yay:

For those who received disappointing news, please know we are thinking of you. Keep dreaming and believing.

Congrats to all who are joining the Round 2 fun! I am in for DVC again this year. I had a FP, so my day had a lot less anxiety than most. This is my 6th year applying and I too have received the "no thanks" email in the past, so I know how lousy that feels. For a brief moment, you may even you may tell yourself you won't apply again next year. Don't let that email get you down! The chance of being on the panel, and getting to be part of the pixie dust helping guests plan trips of a lifetime, is worth the heartbreak. As crazy as it may sound, I have made some really great friends and connections, and had some amazing opportunities by getting that "no thanks" email! A lot of Disney magic can come out of what seems like a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day".

I do see a lot of familiar screen names joining the R2 waiting room again this year, and I am so excited to be waiting with you all! :cheer2:

I am in for round 2!! Pretty excited! I applied once a couple years ago and then this year. I am intrigued about round 3 and a bit nervous too. I really didn't expect to move on so now I'm wondering about the video and other questions. Any past mom panel experts want to share their experience? Love to hear about it. :)

After Gary announced on twitter that the emails were going out, I refreshed my inbox a million times! I finally found the email in my Junk folder! Happy to say that I'm moving on to Round 2 again this year. Nervous about the video part again.

Sending :goodvibes to those who didn't make it to R2. You never know which year is "your year", so don't give up! :cheer2:

Hello everyone. I've never posted here before but I got my round 2 email today and it inspired me to search the board to see what I could learn. I applied on a whim when a friend mentioned it to me during my planning for my upcoming trip. I seriously didn't think about it until today. It seems like such a fun idea . I may have to drop out though..: because in already going to be at WDW during the time we need to go for the training!! My family is going the 5-12 of December. Poop! (Never thought I'd say that about this vacation!). I've been reading back this thread a bit and I'm impressed by all you ladies (and dudes!). Anyway, i guess I'll do my best to put something together and hope that if I do make it forward the training will be AFTER my family vacation!
I know me too!! I finally made it to round 2 and we are already gonna be in Disney from 12/4-12/7 can't take off anymore work

Round 2! Congratulations to everyone moving on and big hugs to the rest who aren't advancing. I know that heartache all too well from last year and it was not very magical, especially after making it to round 2 in the past. Never stop believing in yourself.

Humbled. Excited. Honored. Concerned. Nervous. Happy. I've been accepted to Round 2. So glad we are in this together!!

I just found out from Gary that I didn't make it. I will try again. I didn't know the answer to the question about the significance if the number to the DVC. Does anyone know the answer? It has been driving me crazy. Good luck to all who made it to round 2.

Aw man, don't feel like a loser! I think there are probably certain things they are looking for (in addition to the obvious things, like being able to communicate accurately and efficiently, etc) and since they don't make those criteria clear, there is seriously no telling why you (and I!) didn't make it through. Wrong hair color, wrong area of the country, wrong age range, etc etc. There's just no way to know what tiny little thing may have bumped you from the list, and you would drive yourself nutty trying to figure it out.

I am not going to lie, I'm a little bummed not to advance, but please definitely do NOT feel like a loser or take it personally! You are lovely and full of the Disney spirit!

We will probably not make a qualifying trip for next year's panel so I think I'm probably one and done. Oh well! Life goes on. Best of luck to those advancing!

Awww you are too sweet! Thanks for trying to cheer me up :). Honestly, if I am not going to be selected for this year's panel I'd rather find out now than after Round 4!

Ironic that now after several years, I thought I had the technical aspects of making/editing the video down to a science -- and now I don't need to film one!

No sour grapes here. I had a tiny moment when I told myself that I am giving up -- but I know that is a lie! I joked to my daughter that I'll be 90 and still applying! (Well, let's hope not!)

Good luck to you also! I'm sure you'll get that qualifying trip in sooner than later ;)

Congrats to all the R2 applicants! I'll be tuning in to see who moves on to R3 (and 4!)

I'm excited and thrilled to be moving to Round 2, WDW specialty. Congratulations to all who are advancing! For those who aren't, almost all of us have been there too. It's disappointing. On the other hand, now it's time to focus on your qualifying trip for next year's application process!

Made it to round two on my first try. The wife also tried but got the decline letter. We are pass holders that visit WDW on the average two times a month. Being a regular visitor to WDW helped with the first round of my answers. I read the questions and knew what I was going to write within thirty seconds.

I think I worked on the answers for perhaps 30 minutes but took forever to get them uploaded as the website was crashing. I got my submission in with mere minutes left before they closed the website.

I've never done this before and don't expect to make it past round two but I think I'm going to just have some fun with this and get creative with the video. I'm not sure what they look for in the video but I also was not sure what they were seeking in round one.

Anyway, congrats to the second rounders and don't give up for everyone else. If a goof-ball like myself can make it to the second round, anyone can.

I believe this was my 4th time to apply, and I got my congratulations email earlier today - my first time to make it past the first round! :banana:

I am excited about making a video for the next round, but I have absolutely no expectations of getting past this round (if I get too excited, I would hate to be let down if I don't make it to round 3.) But I am pretty excited, nonetheless.

It looks like there were at least 5 of us DISDads that made it to round 2 - according to my count on the DisDads Facebook group. I am happy to know there is still a chance for a DisDad to finally 'represent' on the Moms Panel. :rotfl:

Good luck everyone!

You can add me to the list of Dads, I guess. KayleeJade is my daughter and the wife picked the username. My jaw still has not come off the floor, I was not expecting to make the second round.

WOW! I'm in shock. I made it to R2. Good luck to everyone moving forward. And future good luck and pixie dust that already have their sites on next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter