Disney November 2015! 1st trip EVER!

MouseLovingMom

Mouseketeer
Well our trip is getting closer and closer! I am a single mom of one she is quite the character so WDW look out for this young actress. We will arrive in WDW on Nov. 11th just in time for the last days of the Food and Wine Festival. We are planning on attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Tuesday November 17th if anyone on here would care to join us! lol We also have a reservation for Minnie's Christmas Dinner at Hollywood and Vine. We have several other character and signature dining places reserved as well those are just the festive activities we have planned so far. Any advice out there on other things we should do? 1st trip must dos? I plan to introduce my daughter to Star Wars before we go since I have always loved it so much I hope it is a hit with her so she can share my interest in all things Star Wars. What should I fast pass in each park? I know Peter Pan's Flight, Stories with Belle, and the Mine Train are MUSTS in MK for her other than that we are very open to suggestions. She is 5... this is our 1st trip EVER! Excited does not begin to describe how I feel about this trip.

Hi,

Welcome to the group! I'm excited for both you and your DD! I've been to WDW numerous times as a kid; however, I'm planning my first trip (taking DS on his first of many trips), so I'm new to this too.

Just wanted to welcome you to the group and wish you and DD a magical trip. Have a glass of wine for me...I'm still nursing. LOL

Just a quick warning for a parent attending F&W for the 1st time with their child. I would recommend making the trip around World Showcase a daytime activity. There are a lot of people that drink a lot of alcohol during F&W. After dark, it gets really noticeable how drunk a good portion of the adults are. I'm not saying it's not safe or anything, but it's decidedly less Disney feeling after dark.

Welcome to the group! This is only our 2nd trip, so I'm still new in recommending things. LOL! My daughter will be 4 and is looking forward to Splash Mountain. She told me she wanted to get on a water ride. Anna and Elsa are big fast passes. We didn't get one, but we'll get in line after Be Our Guest breakfast since it's before the park opens. Test Track at EPCOT was also one she wanted. We also have Cinderella and Rapunzel.

Any advice out there on other things we should do? 1st trip must dos?

Make sure you ask at the resort or any guest relations and get yourself a "first time" button you can wear. CM's and characters will interact with you and your family a lot more especially during parades and shows.

How exciting! It sounds like you have a great trip planned! We're making our 2nd trip in December, so I'm by no means a "Disney expert" (yet ;-)) But we took our first trip when DS was 5. He loved getting the characters autographs. I actually made our own autograph book before we left, using a pocket photo album and notecards, and it worked perfectly. Be sure to bring plenty of pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. They are everywhere and there are so many different designs to collect.

Hi,

Welcome to the group! I'm excited for both you and your DD! I've been to WDW numerous times as a kid; however, I'm planning my first trip (taking DS on his first of many trips), so I'm new to this too.

Just wanted to welcome you to the group and wish you and DD a magical trip. Have a glass of wine for me...I'm still nursing. LOL

Thanks!!! :) I hope you have an amazing trip too!!! :) IM SO FREAKING EXCITED I could cry.... okay so I have cried LOL

Just a quick warning for a parent attending F&W for the 1st time with their child. I would recommend making the trip around World Showcase a daytime activity. There are a lot of people that drink a lot of alcohol during F&W. After dark, it gets really noticeable how drunk a good portion of the adults are. I'm not saying it's not safe or anything, but it's decidedly less Disney feeling after dark.

Thanks we will keep it to daytime snacking and tasting on that note. lol Unless I leave her with her at the room or ship her off to MK with her Nana so I can have some much needed alone time LOL Have not had much of that in oh well almost 6 years! ;) I am so blessed don't get me wrong plus do not want to miss a moment but plan to make myself sneak away one evening of the trip. :P So glad you warned me though for her sake and my over protective side's sake!!

Welcome to the group! This is only our 2nd trip, so I'm still new in recommending things. LOL! My daughter will be 4 and is looking forward to Splash Mountain. She told me she wanted to get on a water ride. Anna and Elsa are big fast passes. We didn't get one, but we'll get in line after Be Our Guest breakfast since it's before the park opens. Test Track at EPCOT was also one she wanted. We also have Cinderella and Rapunzel.

Thanks for the tips! Fast passes are one of biggest concerns right now what to get and not get. The main people she cares about meeting are Peter Pan, Stitch, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, and Tink of course. The rides she has seen online and what not that have caught her eye are the ones she is NOT big enough for LOL and Tower of Terror (crazy 5 year old I know LOL), magic carpets, and Peter Pans Flight of course. Hope ya'll have a magical trip and don't have to long of a wait for the Frozen sisters!

Make sure you ask at the resort or any guest relations and get yourself a "first time" button you can wear. CM's and characters will interact with you and your family a lot more especially during parades and shows.

Awesome!!! Great to know. Will add that to my to my list I plan to read over and over, take with me, and take photos of with my phone to be sure I ALWAYS have it with me. ;) Thank you!!!!!

How exciting! It sounds like you have a great trip planned! We're making our 2nd trip in December, so I'm by no means a "Disney expert" (yet ;-)) But we took our first trip when DS was 5. He loved getting the characters autographs. I actually made our own autograph book before we left, using a pocket photo album and notecards, and it worked perfectly. Be sure to bring plenty of pennies and quarters for the pressed penny machines. They are everywhere and there are so many different designs to collect.

Awesome! The autograph book sounds like a great idea! She would love that. I am sure the penny presses will be a hit with her I knew I had her saving all that change for her spending for a reason lol I was thinking stuffed animal machines but the pennies will be a hit. She LOVES the looney toons ones she has from Six Flags. I keep trying to explain to her that Disney World is NOTHING like Six Flags its going to be huge. She is like when I get there I am riding the magic carpets then I will go to the haunted mansion.. then after that mom we will go see that tree that you put on my dress then can we go see Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan??? I'm like honey this is not one big park you can not do everything in that random of an order LOL bless her sweet heart. She will see! I have not even been and am in awe of how big the property is already just looking online. A sweet disboarder is sending us maps from the parks (she LOVES maps) so that should help put it perspective for her. ;) Thanks for the tips!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips! Fast passes are one of biggest concerns right now what to get and not get. The main people she cares about meeting are Peter Pan, Stitch, Little Mermaid, Tarzan, and Tink of course. The rides she has seen online and what not that have caught her eye are the ones she is NOT big enough for LOL and Tower of Terror (crazy 5 year old I know LOL), magic carpets, and Peter Pans Flight of course. Hope ya'll have a magical trip and don't have to long of a wait for the Frozen sisters!

LOL! Wow, I'm scared of Tower of Terror!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter