• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill. When you add in the lackluster announcements today and everything that has gone on the last few years it's hard to be excited about this company anymore. I know most of you don't care about Universal but to see what they are doing in adding a brand new park. It's night and day the difference and it's disappointing.

Has nothing to with that at all. Besides I'm excited for the new area coming next year.
There is no new area coming next year. That is everyone’s point. They were spitballing ideas about a new area and even the parks blog says how it was a ‘what if’ situation.

There is no new land coming. Please don’t buy into the lies they were saying today.

There is no new area coming next year. That is everyone’s point. They were spitballing ideas about a new area and even the parks blog says how it was a ‘what if’ situation.

There is no new land coming. Please don’t buy into the lies they were saying today.
My reply was about the new area coming to Cedar Point next year.

You can be disappointed and it’s fine to be…. but I don’t get the need to reply to people who ARE excited with Debbie Downer replies. That bugs me to no end.

Yeah I get that and I didn't mean to take away from your excitement.

I guess to me WDW will have a firework show of some form, and to me it's just a matter of what it will be.

Now, if they had announced a NIGHTTIME parade for WDW, that would have been very exciting, we are apparently storing two nighttime parades out in CA we aren't using and aren't in our future plans either. :confused3

I guess what I am saying is HEA or another firework show should have been a given but yes, I don't disagree it's going to be good to have it back. I get emotional just watching it on YT and I look forward to seeing it in person.

Last edited:

Yeah I get that and I didn't mean to take away from your excitement.

I guess to me WDW will have a firework show of some form, and to me it's just a matter of what it will be.

Now, if they had announced a NIGHTTIME parade for WDW, that would have been very exciting, we are apparently storing two out in CA we aren't using and aren't in future plans.

I guess what I am saying is HEA or another firework show should have been a given but yes, I don't disagree it's going to be good to have it back. I get emotional just watching it on YT and I look forward to seeing it in person.
You did not take away from my excitement. I was referring to the poster you were writing on behalf of. 🙂

You did not take away from my excitement. I was referring to the poster you were writing on behalf of. 🙂

Well to be fair it's been a rough day haha. I complimented Chapek and said he had done better in previous years presenting than Josh did today. That's how disappointed I was. I had a lot of things on my bingo card and complimenting Chapek sure wasn't one of them.

I'm not saying they should but I could see the Hunchback section being cut. Simply because it's probably the least popular movie for the kids out of all the other movies in the show.

Trying to put together timeline based on prior information..
- The 50th celebration of MK ends on March 31st right?
- The 40th celebration of EP begins Oct 1st 2022
- any tip on when the new fireworks shows at WDW would come?
- the 100th celebration begins on April 1st, NYE or Oct 2023?

Thanks!

I am going to speak up for Jrb1979, I don't know how more people aren't disappointed. That was a terrible day and it left unused spaces with no future plans. If the annoucement didn't come today, it speaks to nothing occurring for a long time.

This is why d23 has always had a thread for its announcements, keeps the conversation out of the news threads and let's people talk about it all without people getting annoyed that they are making the thread not fun.

We're all allowed our opinions about the news that came out today and can discuss them here. Especially since it's the only place I could find on all of the discards talking about d23 announcements.

If the mods or the dis wants to decide that only positive comments are allowed on these boards, which will never happen, then there will be stuff you don't agree with. I also didn't see anyone raining on anyone's parade. There's a difference between being realistic in how you view things and everything being only sunshine and rainbows like others choose to see.

D23 and destination d have typically been where the huge announcements have come, but we've also still got to remember covid and what that cut, delayed or changed in the parks. At least for a few more years I imagine they are going to be much more cautious about what they announce to avoid having to cancel.

I'm just happy to see they are at least thinking of expanding mk, even if it doesn't happen any time soon. At least it's on the table and to me that shows they are willing to add more and not just replace stuff.

This is why d23 has always had a thread for its announcements, keeps the conversation out of the news threads and let's people talk about it all without people getting annoyed that they are making the thread not fun.

We're all allowed our opinions about the news that came out today and can discuss them here. Especially since it's the only place I could find on all of the discards talking about d23 announcements.

If the mods or the dis wants to decide that only positive comments are allowed on these boards, which will never happen, then there will be stuff you don't agree with. I also didn't see anyone raining on anyone's parade. There's a difference between being realistic in how you view things and everything being only sunshine and rainbows like others choose to see.

D23 and destination d have typically been where the huge announcements have come, but we've also still got to remember covid and what that cut, delayed or changed in the parks. At least for a few more years I imagine they are going to be much more cautious about what they announce to avoid having to cancel.

I'm just happy to see they are at least thinking of expanding mk, even if it doesn't happen any time soon. At least it's on the table and to me that shows they are willing to add more and not just replace stuff.

I agree with Jrb1979 that the announcements were a joke. I think the people that are really angry are just fans of Disney that feel let down right now, at least that's the way I take it. I don't see them as trying to ruin anyone's day, they are just dealing with their disappointment differently. With that said, you have to respect the fact that Mrsap spends a lot of time making this thread what it is, which is generally a lighthearted place to find out the Disney news and not get involved with the typical infighting that is pervasive on these boards. You're right that she can't do anything about it, but that's just kind of being a jerk, you know?

There has been a lot of back and forth on the thread today, especially with people not liking the announcements/lack of. I didn’t say a word. My issue with the particular poster was this was the 3rd thread they commented on where they tried to downplay an announcement people were excited about. I never say anything, but it was too much. I know you’re not my biggest fan, but I try my best on here. I try to keep this a positive thread. I’m not sure why that’s a bad thing. There are plenty of other threads here on The Dis to complain on. I don’t want this to be one of them. Thanks for understanding.

I agree with Jrb1979 that the announcements were a joke. I think the people that are really angry are just fans of Disney that feel let down right now, at least that's the way I take it. I don't see them as trying to ruin anyone's day, they are just dealing with their disappointment differently. With that said, you have to respect the fact that Mrsap spends a lot of time making this thread what it is, which is generally a lighthearted place to find out the Disney news and not get involved with the typical infighting that is pervasive on these boards. You're right that she can't do anything about it, but that's just kind of being a jerk, you know?
Well said. Part of my reason for the negativity is I have a 2 year old that I want to take some time but with the direction they have gone the last few years and adding in todays lackluster announcements it's hard to see any good for this company anymore.

I will add about this thread. It's great that it's light hearted and updates the news, the only thing I don't like is the lack of discussion. Each news story may get 2-3 response and it's on to the next thing. Even if you post new threads to discuss some of these news stories they die quickly.

There has been a lot of back and forth on the thread today, especially with people not liking the announcements/lack of. I didn’t say a word. My issue with the particular poster was this was the 3rd thread they commented on where they tried to downplay an announcement people were excited about. I never say anything, but it was too much. I know you’re not my biggest fan, but I try my best on here. I try to keep this a positive thread. I’m not sure why that’s a bad thing. There are plenty of other threads here on The Dis to complain on. I don’t want this to be one of them. Thanks for understanding.
Sorry but like I said it's hard to be positive when the continue to let you down. I expect more from the top theme park company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter