Disney Looking for Chief Magic Official

Hi all!

I just found this and thought I'd share it. It's the most info I've seen about what is expected of the CMO.

Job Description

A simple dreamer won’t do. If you’re elected, we’ll give you a costume and you’ll get some interesting coaching from a great bunch of characters. But you’ll have to play the part for 12 months during The Year of a Million Dreams 2008 celebration.

On select weekends throughout the year, the Chief Magic Official will be tasked with dream-making ambassador duties, including appearances at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida and Disneyland® Resort in California.

As part of the selection process, ten semi-finalists will be provided the creative tools to conduct a full-blown viral campaign during this very important election. As any good candidate knows this time of year, you’ve got to get those votes! The top three finalists will be invited along with their party of three guests to Walt Disney World Resort to compete in a variety of dreamy activities. The winner will be chosen based on abilities, personality, communication skills, magical acumen, and votes.

Responsibilities

In Park:
Makes dreams come true
Honorary member of the Disney Dream Squad
Makes magical “decrees’
Creates magic moments
Interacts with guests always
Performs magical upgrades
Is the Golden Ticket to every attraction
Communications:
Keeps a Dream Blog
Editor of the Quarterly Dream Report
Dream-Maker Ambassador:
Spreads magic and inspiration in random communities
Does speaking engagements on “Finding Your Dream Job’
Talks magic-making with members of the media
Benefits:
Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
20 Disney Parks admission passes
VIP host throughout each stay
Salary plus a per-visit bonus
Insurance to cover visits

JUST MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE!!! :rotfl2: :worship: :yay:

I uploaded mine on Jan. 19 and again on Jan. 26. I got the Thank you screen both times but it has never appeared. I e-mailed careerbuilder but got no reply. I tried to upload again yesterday evening but got disconnected after about an hour. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet. Does this mean one of mine went through and just hasn't been posted? It had no music and followed all the rules. This is so frustrating!

Hi all!

I just found this and thought I'd share it. It's the most info I've seen about what is expected of the CMO.

Job Description

A simple dreamer won’t do. If you’re elected, we’ll give you a costume and you’ll get some interesting coaching from a great bunch of characters. But you’ll have to play the part for 12 months during The Year of a Million Dreams 2008 celebration.

On select weekends throughout the year, the Chief Magic Official will be tasked with dream-making ambassador duties, including appearances at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida and Disneyland® Resort in California.

As part of the selection process, ten semi-finalists will be provided the creative tools to conduct a full-blown viral campaign during this very important election. As any good candidate knows this time of year, you’ve got to get those votes! The top three finalists will be invited along with their party of three guests to Walt Disney World Resort to compete in a variety of dreamy activities. The winner will be chosen based on abilities, personality, communication skills, magical acumen, and votes.

Responsibilities

In Park:
Makes dreams come true
Honorary member of the Disney Dream Squad
Makes magical “decrees’
Creates magic moments
Interacts with guests always
Performs magical upgrades
Is the Golden Ticket to every attraction
Communications:
Keeps a Dream Blog
Editor of the Quarterly Dream Report
Dream-Maker Ambassador:
Spreads magic and inspiration in random communities
Does speaking engagements on “Finding Your Dream Job’
Talks magic-making with members of the media
Benefits:
Up to 8 (eight) round trip tickets for CMO appearances at Disney Parks events
Limo service between Disney Parks and airport
Deluxe accommodations while on CMO assignments
20 Disney Parks admission passes
VIP host throughout each stay
Salary plus a per-visit bonus
Insurance to cover visits

JUST MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE!!! :rotfl2: :worship: :yay:

Thanks for posting this! Looks like they will be picking a CMO to cover a variety of roles -- someone who can speak well in front of others, someone who can write and tell a story, someone who can go in front of a camera and interact with the average "Joe" in addition to giving out dreams.

What fun!

Can anyone help me? I just saw the size requirement of 50 MB or less...if I'm reading the properties on my wmv file, it's 5.10 MB...does that make sense? I'm someone computer literate, but file size always confuses me, and I have no idea if it seems reasonable that my file would be that size (so small?) when the limit was so much bigger. Does that just mean the quality of the picture and effects are limited? Or am I reading things completely wrong? :confused3 I was worried about making the minute length (59 seconds baby!), but now I'm concerned about the size...

Can anyone help me? I just saw the size requirement of 50 MB or less...if I'm reading the properties on my wmv file, it's 5.10 MB...does that make sense? I'm someone computer literate, but file size always confuses me, and I have no idea if it seems reasonable that my file would be that size (so small?) when the limit was so much bigger. Does that just mean the quality of the picture and effects are limited? Or am I reading things completely wrong? :confused3 I was worried about making the minute length (59 seconds baby!), but now I'm concerned about the size...

It makes sense that it's that small. Did you record it with a digital camera or something? Also, if it's just you talking with no voice overs, slices, animation, etc., it's not going to be 50 MB. Mine was 14 MB, so don't worry.

It makes sense that it's that small. Did you record it with a digital camera or something? Also, if it's just you talking with no voice overs, slices, animation, etc., it's not going to be 50 MB. Mine was 14 MB, so don't worry.

I actually used my Sony camcorder, and there are voiceovers and slides with transitions, but I don't think it's that fancy, so I guess it's fine. I uploaded it to Youtube and it comes across as fine (though the quality isn't terrific, it's definitely watchable). I originally edited with ULead software and then had to change it over to wmv, so maybe that's where it got condensed. :confused3

Who the heck knows, this thing is giving me a headache!!:rotfl:

Ok, I didn't get the email.

So my question is, should I upload to YouTube anyway?
Zulaya, I submitted my video at 9:30am on Friday the 25th, and it also has not shown up. I don't think I broke rules, either.

Please let us know what you decide to do about posting on YouTube, etc

I uploaded to YouTube. The quality of the video really went down. Hopefully that isn't counted against me...I am not video editing savvy and I don't have time to learn ina couple hours...and that what I say and do is what they pay attention to.

I submitted the link and got the same Thanks page I'd gotten previously. So maybe they have had it all this time. Who knows.

I just called CB and they said the emails were going out in 'waves' by region. So fingers crossed we actually get the email soon!

All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008.

I love the "on or about" part! What does that mean? I might be sitting in front of my computer for days, constantly checking my inbox! :surfweb:

I hope at that time they'll email ALL applicants, so that everyone can at least know that their entry was considered.

Mine finally made it! I am so glad I found this discussion board - I would have gone nuts if it weren't for you guys! Thanks for being here.

I guess I'm too new to post my link...I keep getting an error message. Oh, well, thanks again.

Mine finally loaded!!! Thank you all for listening to me complain.... I ended up having to upload it to youtube and submitting the link, because the main site was still dragging. The youtube upload cut off the last like second off, but I'm still pretty proud.

So glad to hear everybody got there videos in! Now what are we going to do to keep from going nuts before Feb 7th?

TLP127--

Where did you find that job description? Was that up on CareerBuilder?

That was the description on CareerBuilder the first day they announced the contest. They changed things around a bit the second day. Some Disney sites have the information from this first day on their sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter