Disney Kid's Clubs

yitbos96bb

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Going to Disney and considering using the Kid's clubs this time. Have a couple of questions:

1) Kids are potty trained but accidents can happen. If one happens, how is that handled? Do they kick the kid out? Do they call the parents to clean up?

2) If one of the kids has a meltdown for whatever reason (as kids are sometimes known to do), what happens? Do they try to calm the child? Do they kick them out? Do they call the parents?

Just want to know the potential risks of using these vs in-room sitting.

Thanks!

We've used the kids clubs and Kids Nite Out. DS didn't start going to the kids clubs until he was about 6 years old. When he was younger, he potty trained late, had separation anxiety and frequent melt-downs. Honestly, at that age, I simply couldn't put him in the club for fear he would be miserable, upset and I would get a phone call in the middle of a "date night" or other plans we had made. If you have any reservations, I would really consider the in-room sitting. They will handle all of these concerns and you can have a relaxing evening.

My three girls (ages 3, 5, and 8) went to the kids club at the Poly twice during our last trip. I can't say what they do if the kids have melt downs, but I can say that during one of the visits, my youngest did have a potty accident during the stay. They cleaned her up and gave her a change of clothes (a plain white shirt and a pair of sweat pants). She was able to keep them. My girls loved it so much the first time that they begged to go back, hence the second visit. We felt like it was a good value, as it is a flat fee, and get dinner and a snack during the time. You do give them a phone number so if there was an issue, they could contact you. They have so many activities and even character visits during the evening.

We've used the kids clubs and Kids Nite Out. DS didn't start going to the kids clubs until he was about 6 years old. When he was younger, he potty trained late, had separation anxiety and frequent melt-downs. Honestly, at that age, I simply couldn't put him in the club for fear he would be miserable, upset and I would get a phone call in the middle of a "date night" or other plans we had made. If you have any reservations, I would really consider the in-room sitting. They will handle all of these concerns and you can have a relaxing evening.

My daughter I don't think will have an issue. My son is potty trained but has an accident every now and then, so good to know from anitsirk24 that they just clean them up. The meltdowns are always a small concerned but I'm guessing if they catch his interest it wouldn't be a problem. He likes chicken nuggets and mac and cheese so that shouldn't be too bad either. Ok, thanks for the thoughts... if anyone else has anything to add, would love to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter