• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in September

We've gone the past few years in September. We love it but we're ready for a change, so I'm thinking November or December will be our next trip. The crowds have gotten bigger and bigger since I first went in 2013 and it's definitely dreadfully hot. My experience is based on the 1 week and 2 week period right after Labor Day weekend which is historically the least crowded week of the year.

One of the slowest times of the year. Everyone is back in school right after LD.

we went once in sept for us it was to hot and crowds were the same in nov so we go in the cooler month

We went two of the last three years in mid-late September. The crowds weren't awful, but there were still significant standby lines at the E ticket attractions. Definitely be smart about setting up your FP's. And yes, it was hot and humid, but that's to be expected even in late September. We lucked out with the showers; I think it rained some most days, but they were the hit for a few minutes variety and we happened to be just leaving the park or eating somewhere.

We went this past September, middle of the month and we love it! Yes it's hot, but really I don't find it that bad. Crowds- aren't too bad. I think it depends on the park and day you are going. Some of the time we went, the parks were really empty and others pretty busy (not holiday season busy) We did Food and Wine on wednesday an it was awesome! Hardly any crowds and we walked right up to the booths. We went back on saturday to eat at world showcase and it was like trying to swim upstream with the crowds at food and wine. We have also gone in Jan/Feb time, and I would say those are probably a little less busy but we still enjoy September more. I like going when it's warm. just know going in that it will be hot and prepare. Drink lots of water ( you get a free glass of water at any quick service), go back to the hotel in the afternoon to cool off or try and do inside attractions if you need to cool off, etc etc. Bring some ponchos with you. It generally rains almost every day- but for maybe 10 mins most of the time. Throw your poncho on and keep enjoying your day :) I think it's a great time to go!
have fun and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter