Disney Gift Cards

• Thread starter living la vida mickey
  • Start date
L

living la vida mickey

Can Disney Gift Cards be used to pay for onboard expenses, i.e. alcohol, excursions, etc.? We're giving our son and future daughter-in-law a 7 night cruise for their honeymoon and I'd love to give them some spending money. It would be so much easier if it could be a Disney Gift Card. :love:

im pretty sure they will be able to charge everything to their room, and then they can use a gift card to pay off the room tab

As long as it's an onboard expense, they can use a Disney Gift Card towards their balance. Obviously, they won't be able to it while in a port, but as long as it's on board, you're good!

In case they don't spend it all, they never expire - just so you know. :)

Cruise ships work on a "cashless" system....meaning that when you check in you assign a credit card or a cash down payment to your shipboard account and they use your Key To The World Card (KTTW card) to charge everything you purchase whether it is a drink or a souvie or a spa treatment... it all goines on your KTTW. At any time during the cruise you can add the balance of your Disney Gift Card to your shipboard account to pay it off.

You can't use the physical disney gift card at any point of sale...EVERYTHING goes on your KTTW card.

Your KTTW card is the only thing you need to carry around onboard....you don't need to carry around credit cards or checks or cash or travelers checks or gift cards....you can pay off your onboard account with any of the just mentioned forms of payment....but those can't be used at the actual point of sale.

Your KTTW card is also your ID and room key onboard. When getting on or off the ship anyone over the age of 18 also will need a photo ID with them.

MJ

Thanks, all. I knew that my DIS friends would have the answer.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter