• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I had seen the BJs one. I never knew what BJs was. We don't have those around here. I think it has to do with using your card a lot because I used my card a lot in the previous few months and I was getting lots of new offers (no staples though).

Yeah. I love me a good sign up bonus! I just got the chase reserve before the 100k ended. That's another anomaly. The 5 account rule isn't entirely true. They must take into consideration other things because i got it and I've opened a lot of accounts recently.

Can Disney GCs be purchased with Staples GCs?
No, alas Staples is wise to that (I purchased Target from Staples). As for Chase 5/24 is absolutely firm EXCEPT when you've been pre-approved. (People can be pre-approved and not know it.) The computer checks your credit report and even includes AU accts before people ever get involved so no human errors on that part. The only known way to bypass is pre-approval so congrats! (And good thing you jumped when you did on CSR- Chase just stopped all pre-approvals for that card!)

Bought some discounted Target gift cards online with my rewards CC, going to go in store and hopefully buy Disney GCs today. We'll see how it works! First attempt will be $500 purchase. If that works, I'll buy the Target gift cards when I can and go buy Disney Cards with them in store as a gradual savings plan.

Can someone answer a few questions about this? I'm trying to advise my MIL (no Kroger stores here so no personal experience with this).

First, do the Visa gift cards count to get the bonus fuel points?

Also, about how much are fuel points worth? If she bought a $200 gift card, that would be 800 fuel points, correct? How much of a discount on gas would she get for those 800 points?

Thanks!

the visa, mc, ax cards purchased at Fred Meyers (our Krogers), do not get the 4x rewards in oregon. notice is posted in store that they do not count on the 4x points. in fact even when they run the visa, mc, ax specifically for the 4x rewards, which they do occasionally, i still have to call in to kroger to get the points and they will verify that i had the coupon and then manually add them. every time. So This method can be ymmv like most good deals.

100 points = .10 cents
so $250 of gift cards @ 4x = 1000 points OR $1.00 off a fill up.

the visa, mc, ax cards purchased at Fred Meyers (our Krogers), do not get the 4x rewards in oregon. notice is posted in store that they do not count on the 4x points. in fact even when they run the visa, mc, ax specifically for the 4x rewards, which they do occasionally, i still have to call in to kroger to get the points and they will verify that i had the coupon and then manually add them. every time. So This method can be ymmv like most good deals.

100 points = .10 cents
so $250 of gift cards @ 4x = 1000 points OR $1.00 off a fill up.
The ones where you choose how much to put on them don't count at kroger and there are signs. But the ones for specific amounts do and I get points on the activation fee too.

The ones where you choose how much to put on them don't count at kroger and there are signs. But the ones for specific amounts do and I get points on the activation fee too.

not in oregon. none of the visa, mc, or ax will count.
however the varible load STAPLES CARD will count.

not in oregon. none of the visa, mc, or ax will count.
however the varible load STAPLES CARD will count.
That stinks.

I did not get fuel points on the activation fee. This is a change in the mid Atlantic. And my 4x coupon disappeared:(

I've had variable load Disney cards work for the 4X points in the past. I'll have to check at the store before I buy one this weekend

I have this same offer on my AMEX card. I notice the details say one time; but you got 2 credits. Has anyone else with this offer been able to use it multiple times?

Here is what it looks like on your Amex statement:
Capture.jpg

Captured.jpg

I have this same offer on my AMEX card. I notice the details say one time; but you got 2 credits. Has anyone else with this offer been able to use it multiple times?

You can get around one-time use limits by adding Authorized Users to your account. Each AU gets his/her own card with a unique number, and can set up a new log-in to receive their own (additional) Amex Offers. AUs tend to get the same offers the main card gets, giving you an additional "use" through them. The AU's card is still tied to your account, and their spend and statement credits get reflected in your billing.

I haven't bought anything from target since the shutdown of buying gift cards with gift cards but I was under the impression that we could still get our 5% discount when paying with gift cards buying regular items (not gift cards) This may be old new but... I just tried buying a few non gift card items and the 5% discount disappeared when I entered the gift cards. I didn't go through with the purchase out of pure principle, I really hope targets sales have taken a major nose dive since they did away with this perk. I know I use to buy quite a bit of household items (to ensure an ebates payout) along with my ebay gift cards but have been shopping elsewhere

I haven't bought anything from target since the shutdown of buying gift cards with gift cards but I was under the impression that we could still get our 5% discount when paying with gift cards buying regular items (not gift cards) This may be old new but... I just tried buying a few non gift card items and the 5% discount disappeared when I entered the gift cards. I didn't go through with the purchase out of pure principle, I really hope targets sales have taken a major nose dive since they did away with this perk. I know I use to buy quite a bit of household items (to ensure an ebates payout) along with my ebay gift cards but have been shopping elsewhere
As far as I know you can only get the 5% when paying with the Red card.

Yep, one page back on this thread SUSIEQ reported on Thursday that it wasn't working anymore.

It must be really recent, because I had made a purchase on January 16th of pictures for my bedroom, used gift cards and still got the 5% off.

Thanks guys. I must have missed the final nail in targets coffin. I'll take my last $100 in target gift cards and buy a disney gift card in store. Target is now useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter