Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been posted here already, but at BJ's.com they offer a discount on Disney gift cards...and you don't have to be a member to purchase them.
$25 for $23.99
$50 for $47.99
$100 for $94.99
3 pack $50 each (total $150) for $147.99
http://www.bjs.com/search?Ntt=Disney Gift Card&N=

Thanks for sharing, I wasn't aware of this. And Chase Freedom is doing 5% back on Wholesale Clubs this quarter so it should be effectively 10% when you buy in $100 increments!

Looking for advice from the experts ;)

I bought a $100 Amex at Kroger, which I used to buy a $100 Visa card, with the $10 off coupons. With these new coupons out that effectively offset the activation fees, I could just keep going... Use $100 Visa to buy $100 Amex, then use $100 Amex to buy $25 and $50 Amexs? And get somewhere around 760 fuel points - assuming I earn them on the activation fees, which I did last time?

I'm sure it's been posted here already, but at BJ's.com they offer a discount on Disney gift cards...and you don't have to be a member to purchase them.
$25 for $23.99
$50 for $47.99
$100 for $94.99
3 pack $50 each (total $150) for $147.99
http://www.bjs.com/search?Ntt=Disney Gift Card&N=

Sorry I didn't thank you sooner, but after several people replied, the words I bolded finally sunk in. This is very good to know! I am using Swagbucks to earn cards to use at Sams, but as we all learned, the more ways we have to earn $ for Disney, the easier it is to switch gears when one goes away.

Sorry I didn't thank you sooner, but after several people replied, the words I bolded finally sunk in. This is very good to know! I am using Swagbucks to earn cards to use at Sams, but as we all learned, the more ways we have to earn $ for Disney, the easier it is to switch gears when one goes away.

I read all the replies and it still didn't sink in until I read your bolded words. Living in Oregon, I don't have a BJ's anywhere near me so I've pretty much dismissed them as an option. This is something to consider especially with the Chase Freedom bonus.

Ebates is again offering 15% cash back on Orbitz activities which includes Disneyworld tickets. Again, these are only available for purchase and pick up at the Disneyworld will call windows thru December 31. The fine print on the voucher says you must pick up the tickets at the will call window during the dates provided; others in the past have said they just added the tickets to their Disney account but never actually picked up the tickets. However, those people still used the tickets in the time period they provided - no one seems to know what would happen if you added the tickets to your account and saved them for a date in the future so try at your own risk.

I

FYI, I have used the tickets after the voucher expired, and I had no problem. I purchased from Orbitz via beats the last time they had this promo - it was 20% cash back in February, 2014. I redeemed the voucher into my MDE account by the end of February, 2014, and I didn't use the tickets until March, 2015. They worked without any problems. Also, FYI, I believe this is only the third time that Ebates has offered significant cash back on Orbits Activities. I think the first time was in November, 2012, and I know that the second time was in February, 2014.

I read all the replies and it still didn't sink in until I read your bolded words. Living in Oregon, I don't have a BJ's anywhere near me so I've pretty much dismissed them as an option. This is something to consider especially with the Chase Freedom bonus.

Not sure if the Freedom bonus is the same as the Disney Visa Bonus, but buying online doesn't always equal buying in store as far as bonus categories. I was going to a local restaurant for dinner and they had a buy a $100 GC and get a free $25 GC online. I used my Dis Visa to make the purchase figuring I'd get the 2% restaurant bonus. Well apparently it was considered an online retailer since I bought it online, so I only got the 1% bonus. So I'd check to see if their website is considered a wholesale club or something else before assuming the bonus.

FYI, I have used the tickets after the voucher expired, and I had no problem. I purchased from Orbitz via beats the last time they had this promo - it was 20% cash back in February, 2014. I redeemed the voucher into my MDE account by the end of February, 2014, and I didn't use the tickets until March, 2015. They worked without any problems. Also, FYI, I believe this is only the third time that Ebates has offered significant cash back on Orbits Activities. I think the first time was in November, 2012, and I know that the second time was in February, 2014.
Is anyone purchasing tickets this way for this promo?

Looking for advice from the experts ;)

I bought a $100 Amex at Kroger, which I used to buy a $100 Visa card, with the $10 off coupons. With these new coupons out that effectively offset the activation fees, I could just keep going... Use $100 Visa to buy $100 Amex, then use $100 Amex to buy $25 and $50 Amexs? And get somewhere around 760 fuel points - assuming I earn them on the activation fees, which I did last time?

I think I need advice on this too. I bought the Visa with a 10 off 100 coupon and earned 4x fuel (just on the $100 for me), and then I used it to buy $100 Disney. Well, I did the Amex 10 off 100 after that and earned 4x fuel rewards. What an awesome deal!! But then when I went back with the $100 Amex to buy another $100 GC, they would not let me use it to buy a GC. I am not sure why the Visa was allowed but not the Amex. The Amex does say it is a GC and not a debit or credit.

In answer to your question...yeah, I see no reason you could not just keep churning those fuel rewards!

Not sure if the Freedom bonus is the same as the Disney Visa Bonus, but buying online doesn't always equal buying in store as far as bonus categories. I was going to a local restaurant for dinner and they had a buy a $100 GC and get a free $25 GC online. I used my Dis Visa to make the purchase figuring I'd get the 2% restaurant bonus. Well apparently it was considered an online retailer since I bought it online, so I only got the 1% bonus. So I'd check to see if their website is considered a wholesale club or something else before assuming the bonus.

I just bought some today so once it's posted to my account, I should be able to log in and see what category it put it in as. I'll report back. If it doesn't give a bonus, at the end of the day, it's not different than the red card 5% - better actually because at least I'll get 1% back on Chase and then eBates of 1%.

I just bought some today so once it's posted to my account, I should be able to log in and see what category it put it in as. I'll report back. If it doesn't give a bonus, at the end of the day, it's not different than the red card 5% - better actually because at least I'll get 1% back on Chase and then eBates of 1%.

I know my Costco. com purchases have coded as a warehouse club and qualified for the 5% but that doesn't necessarily mean that bj's will. I look forward to hearing your report. If I do end up taking advantage of this it probably won't be until later in December.

I think I need advice on this too. I bought the Visa with a 10 off 100 coupon and earned 4x fuel (just on the $100 for me), and then I used it to buy $100 Disney. Well, I did the Amex 10 off 100 after that and earned 4x fuel rewards. What an awesome deal!! But then when I went back with the $100 Amex to buy another $100 GC, they would not let me use it to buy a GC. I am not sure why the Visa was allowed but not the Amex. The Amex does say it is a GC and not a debit or credit.

I also have a visa and amex $100 card that I bought last month. I was going to turn both into disney gc. Has anyone else tried using the Amex ones? I've never used the prepaid cards before....if I can't use it to buy a disney gc, how do you go about using it? I always turn the visa ones into another gift card for the same amount but what do you do if you use the Amex one for say groceries and the exact amount isn't $100?

I also have a visa and amex $100 card that I bought last month. I was going to turn both into disney gc. Has anyone else tried using the Amex ones? I've never used the prepaid cards before....if I can't use it to buy a disney gc, how do you go about using it? I always turn the visa ones into another gift card for the same amount but what do you do if you use the Amex one for say groceries and the exact amount isn't $100?

I think I have read others being able to use the Amex to buy another GC so not sure why it did not work for me. I ended up using it as part of a $240'ish purchase. They just swiped the Amex which took off $100 and I used another CC for the remaining balance. There were no GC's as a part of that purchase.

I think I have read others being able to use the Amex to buy another GC so not sure why it did not work for me. I ended up using it as part of a $240'ish purchase. They just swiped the Amex which took off $100 and I used another CC for the remaining balance. There were no GC's as a part of that purchase.
I was able to use them to buy target gift cards last month. I did have to give them my license.

Try registering it first. That has worked for me in the past when running a gift card as credit.

I haven't seen this posted here visa check out has the extra Starbucks GC again!

https://www.starbucks.com/promo/visacheckout

I am curious how many are jumping at the target 10% offer? I am torn I know I can get extra % off if I buy discounted GC but I am not sure I want the aggravation that can cause since we will be on vacation. We still have 4 months until our trip. What do you guys think should I wait or just go for it ?

In answer to your question...yeah, I see no reason you could not just keep churning those fuel rewards!

I used the Amex to buy the Visa last time, and it said something weird on the register and the kid working didn't know what to do. He had me reswipe, looked at it, and I was about to use my regular credit card when it worked. I was buying the Visa card and some cans of soup, so the total was about $98.50 after that $10 off coupon.

I'm going to stop by after work today to buy a $100 Amex with my Visa. Then I'll go either Thursday or Friday and try to use the $100 Amex to buy the $25 and $50 Amexs... I'll report back :thumbsup2

I need to change our flight to Delta, does anyone know where I can discounted Delta Airlines gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter