Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERE DOES YOUR AUNT LIVE?

She lives south of Houston, in League City. She didn't try to buy ebay b/c she had already completed the sale and converted her GS to SW. It was in chatting with the cashier after that this came up. I can't remember if SW was one of the original exclusions GS put into place back in July. I know they said no ebay and no gas GC's but was SW definitely a 'no' also?? If so, then that has changed and there are multiple people reporting they have been able to buy SW with GS gc's.

Just as a data point, I'm still having success at a local Kmart running gc to gc. They don't seem to have any trouble swiping them, no manager needed. I always buy a few other things too. This is in west central Ohio.

I think physical cards swipe fine at Kmart if you don't get any trouble from the cashier, but eGCs require manager's authorization.

I believe it was @DIS_MERI who suggested converting Sears eGCs to physical GCs at Sears, then using them at Kmart.

Hey, peeps. I have another question.
Can you use a Sam's Club gift card to purchase Disney gift cards (or any of their other gift cards)?

I have a gift card question that I am trying to find an answer to...I would like to use my travel mastercard to purchase a Disney gift card. The problem is that I need it to be classified as a travel expense so I can use my points to pay for the gift card. I will be in Orlando later this week and was thinking trying to buy a gift card at one of the hotel front desks so it would be registered as a travel expense. Any idea if this will work or any other suggestions?

I have a gift card question that I am trying to find an answer to...I would like to use my travel mastercard to purchase a Disney gift card. The problem is that I need it to be classified as a travel expense so I can use my points to pay for the gift card. I will be in Orlando later this week and was thinking trying to buy a gift card at one of the hotel front desks so it would be registered as a travel expense. Any idea if this will work or any other suggestions?

What will you eventually be using the gift card for?

I don't know if the hotel front desks sell them. I wonder if you could buy one at Guest Services??

May try that at Disney Springs...could buy a $1 GC then check my CC pending transaction to see if it registers as a travel expense. Last time I stayed on site, I simply charged everything to my room and was able to use my points that way.

May try that at Disney Springs...could buy a $1 GC then check my CC pending transaction to see if it registers as a travel expense. Last time I stayed on site, I simply charged everything to my room and was able to use my points that way.

Do you have a Disney Vacation Account (DVA)? It seems a deposit from your cc might code as travel. After your deposit, you could request a gift card from the account. Its been ages since I've read the terms. In the back of my brain, I feel like you can only request one gift card up to $500?? Others can probably speak to this better than me.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-vacation-account-merchant-code.3522524/

i take pictures of just about everything, including my gift cards (front & back). anyone know if i can use a disney gift card # to pay for things (gift shops, restaurants) at disney without the physical card, just the #?

For those who used the Best Buy promo cards from PPDG, was there any limit that you could use in one order? Can I use 5 $10 to get a $50 Disney gift card?
Yes, should be no problem. I wanted to use my promo cards online as I figured it would be pretty tedious doing that many gc's in store plus I was trying to get in and out quick and easy with my BB gc issues of the last few days lol. I was going to order $225 in Disney using the promo codes, but was only able to use 10 of the $10 cards, so I bought $100 online, but it worked very well. I did also order a mouse with the order hoping it wouldn't get cancelled, lol. I then used 10 promo cards and 1 regular card to order $225 at the checkout counter in store, they didn't seem to mind and if there was a limit I didn't hit it.

@MinMou Thanks for telling me where to check for my pending SB's, found them! So I found I have 2800 SB's pending, and have another 106. So, once they aren't pending, I can use them to buy a $25 card? What happens to the 706 SB's that are left? Or can I by a gc for $28? Do they disappear if I don't use them? Thx for the suggestions on gc's there! It says the will credit in 68 & 69 days.
Hmm, well I only have one Sears card, would rather have the cash back, lol. But I think I'll try to find Sears or Kmart to try when I'm in towards the suburbs more, before I just buy something there.
Thanks again for your help, appreciate it!

@wendow My GS store was saying no Sw, Ebay, gas gc's back in July. Haven't been there since finishing up with my GS gc's, but that'd be interesting if it was changed back. Otoh, as a pp said, it's not too helpful now as using ebay gc's for gc's is not allowed anymore. I'm still hopeful that someday, ebay will reverse that either with pressure from sellers or buyers, or even too many lost sales! I suppose it's unlikely but I can still hope, one never knows!

i take pictures of just about everything, including my gift cards (front & back). anyone know if i can use a disney gift card # to pay for things (gift shops, restaurants) at disney without the physical card, just the #?
I don't know as fact, but I'd imagine not. How would they know that's really your card? But you could use it online at the Disney store or the disney parks site.

@MinMou Thanks for telling me where to check for my pending SB's, found them! So I found I have 2800 SB's pending, and have another 106. So, once they aren't pending, I can use them to buy a $25 card? What happens to the 706 SB's that are left? Or can I by a gc for $28? Do they disappear if I don't use them? Thx for the suggestions on gc's there! It says the will credit in 68 & 69 days.

Typically SB are valued at 1 cent per SB. Swagbucks will allow you to purchase one $25 gift card at a discount per calendar month. You can continue to buy GCs in that calendar month at a non-discounted rate, buy PayPal "GCs" (transfer to paypal), or just roll whatever's left to next month. SB runs some promo deals around the holidays where you can earn extra % back on your shopping, so you may want to roll over that $7 until the new year comes around. I don't recall the exact TOS for them, but typically you can keep your balance indefinitely if you show some earning activity once every 6 months or so. There are lots of ways to earn on Swagbucks, so that's not hard. There's even an entire thread on the budget board about Swagbucks - I'm sure they can answer any other questions you have there. :)

As one last bit of information, ebay purchases credit 75 days after the purchase. The purchase typically posts to your account about 3 days after you make the purchase.

Nope. You'll need a physical card when you pay in person.

I got the dreaded PP email that says "PayPal account limited statement is available log in to re-active". The email came from noreply@reviewlimitedaccount.com

I click the 'log in' link at the bottom and that takes me to {{snip}}
Does this all seem legit? I logged in to my PP normally...did not go through this link...and there is nothing abnormal looking about my account.
No. It's a phishing email. If you want assurance that it is, forward it to spoof@paypal .com

Last edited:
Update on my drained BB GCs: I'm now on my THIRD PP "ticket" trying to get this resolved. :furious: Anyone out there have better luck? Today the CSR told me, "Well, we didn't realize someone was unauthorized to use them and had used them in a different city." WHAT?!?! I have only given that same information the two times I've called before!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter