Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH! SO, one of my orders from Wednesday's ebucks promo was to be delivered today...$900 worth of Target GC's. My dh went on to UPS last night and 'signed' for it. I was home, been home all morning....no doorbell ring and we always hear the UPS truck and never heard it. My dh told me he got a notice it had been delivered. I went and looked on the porch and there was nothing there. I checked the tracking and it says delivered. I drove my neighborhood thinking the UPS truck would still be around...nope..Came home & called UPS. They checked with my driver and he says he delivered it to my porch. UPS says there is nothing they can do. I have to contact GCM. Does anyone know if there is anything they can do?

There is no way the UPS driver delivered to my porch. We homeschool and my dd's do school at our dining room table. Blinds are wide open. We would have seen & heard him.

Any advice? I'm worried.

There was no signature confirmation? Someone should've signed for the package.

Odds and ends in the store occasionally, but it's not where I primarily shop for things. Maybe about once a month.

Only eBay and filler items when I used ebates. Hadn't yet gotten to the point of cashing extra out to Disney.

What kind of filler items did you buy?

eBay keeps giving me unable to load cart when I try to check out with Target GC.

Anyone else ever get this message?

UGH! SO, one of my orders from Wednesday's ebucks promo was to be delivered today...$900 worth of Target GC's. My dh went on to UPS last night and 'signed' for it. I was home, been home all morning....no doorbell ring and we always hear the UPS truck and never heard it. My dh told me he got a notice it had been delivered. I went and looked on the porch and there was nothing there. I checked the tracking and it says delivered. I drove my neighborhood thinking the UPS truck would still be around...nope..Came home & called UPS. They checked with my driver and he says he delivered it to my porch. UPS says there is nothing they can do. I have to contact GCM. Does anyone know if there is anything they can do?

There is no way the UPS driver delivered to my porch. We homeschool and my dd's do school at our dining room table. Blinds are wide open. We would have seen & heard him.

Any advice? I'm worried.

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible, but maybe the driver scanned it as delivered by mistake? Maybe there's hope that it will still be delivered. As tempting as it is, it's for this very reason that I've been so reluctant to presign for my gift card deliveries. Since I'm at work during the week, I usually change the delivery point to a nearby UPS Store so I can pick it up at my convenience.

My dh 'signed' online for it. We live in an extremely safe neighborhood, my neighbors are home and outside a lot during the day and I am usually home so we always just have it left. No more...

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible, but maybe the driver scanned it as delivered by mistake? Maybe there's hope that it will still be delivered. As tempting as it is, it's for this very reason that I've been so reluctant to presign for my gift card deliveries. Since I'm at work during the week, I usually change the delivery point to a nearby UPS Store so I can pick it up at my convenience.

I am wondering that too. But then where is it? Also, the UPS distribution center contacted him and he said he delivered it here. Now he knows my house well and he delivered the exact same thing yesterday...so maybe he is just confused....No more presigning for us either.

Any advice? I'm worried.
They can have the package "traced" which will look into the matter further. However when a package I sent as a gift had a similar thing happen (the driver said he delivered it to the correct house but the gift recipient was home, heard nothing, and left about a half hour after it supposedly arrived yet there was no package on the front step.) I contacted the UPS store I sent it from (it always has $100 insurance) but since UPS said it was correctly delivered (and must have been stolen if they never got it) they were unwilling to do anything for me. I haven't shipped through them since.
Perhaps gift card mall can somehow deactivate the target gift cards they shipped and ship new ones? Wishing you the best of luck.

I am wondering that too. But then where is it? Also, the UPS distribution center contacted him and he said he delivered it here. Now he knows my house well and he delivered the exact same thing yesterday...so maybe he is just confused....No more presigning for us either.

I had the same thing before with a different package, but the driver lodged it in a place where it was hard to see. I also once had a package on my back porch to conceal it. Might want to keep checking outside.

Any advice? I'm worried.
Hope this works out - what a headache.

Situations like that are one of the reasons I installed a camera looking out our front door. It connects to our WiFi and sends a series of pictures to a dedicated email address any time it detects motion. It's obviously not foolproof, but it gives me the ability to have some idea what's going on in situations like this. For ~$35, it was worth it.

My UPS guy leaves them on my porch. No signature. I'm ok with it but idk what would happen if it "disappeared" On a more positive note. My trip is in18 days so I decided to just buy Disney in store at Target. No problem buying $750 in Disney and paying with Target cards. I did buy some other essentials and put that on my redcard incase big brother is watching but it was seemless.

What kind of filler items did you buy?
Small things like hand soap, index cards, baking cups, place mats, etc. Don't think anything was over $2

MrBean's story makes me think my churning may involve buying eBay gift cards in store and foregoing the 5% discount.
With the ebucks promotion the other day, I went to 2 local targets to get giftcards. The first one I combined a bunch of giftcards together and had no problem buying $200 ebay giftcards. At the other store (got my target cards in the mail from GCM that day, so figured I'd turn those around too), they refused and said no GCs using GCs. Hasn't been my week.

Yeah, his history seems like all of us.

Did target.com tell you that you were banned?
Spoke to multiple supervisors on the phone, they said I can no longer purchase from target.com, ever, but I'm free to purchase at the store (they refused to elaborate and said there was no one above them I could talk to). Mentioned the dreaded "reseller" word, yep I'm selling baking cups on ebay for a .05 profit.

I'm super excited about Target's 5% again!!! Just purchased some eBay gift cards and I received the discount. :banana::cheer2:

On another note, I purchased some cards from cardpool a few weeks ago. I used top cash back and they have never credited. I tried to make a claim, however the website states that claims can't be made against cardpool. Ugh. For what it's worth, the cards I bought were for things that we buy and for gifts rather than Target. Either way, I'm not impressed with TCB.

Sorry to hear that, MrBean. It doesn't seem like you were an outlier in any significant way from most of us here who do the same thing, but haven't been banned.

Thanks for sharing your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter