• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How important is it to do your FP selections RIGHT at 60 days vs. say 58? My park days are 11/7-11/10.
As ExBellhop stated, you will get a variety of answers. The truth is, is that it depends.

FP+ much like regular reservations is tricky because while you can make them at 60 days, you can also CHANGE them for 60 Days. So when a particular attraction is "Booked" for a particular day/time slot, it can change if a person that already has it booked drops it in favor of another day/time slot. I suspect this happens A LOT.

You could get all that you want booking them the morning that you are going to the park too, or not. It just depends.

Don't fret the time of WHEN you book your FP+. You will likely have a great time regardless of which FP+'s you get or not. If you don't get the ones you want, don't let that bring down the Disney experience. You could either check back again or just not worry about it and maybe get it on anther trip or day.

Honestly I can't see you having a much problem booking at 58 days vs 60 unless you have a large party, aren't flexible, and/or MUST have A&E. We booked our trip for last Oct around 40 days out and I was able to get everything we wanted right away except 7dmt (times were really late at night) I kept checking and wound up snagging it a few days later. I wasnt looking for A&E which I understand is much harder. We also went back in May (bought into dvc) and decided to extend our stay so we weren't able to make fast passes for the last 3 days of our trip until we arrived and upgraded our tickets-still was pleased with the selection at that point. Bottom line is I'm sure you will be fine at 58 days as long as you are flexible-remember you can always break your group up into smaller ones and get over lapping times too is needed

Yes, unfortunately room-only reservations at DLR, for some reason, cannot be paid for with gift cards... However, I had good luck booking a package through Costco (got a bunch of extra perks/meal vouchers/gift card), and then paying with the DVA. Costco vacations are technically booked through Disney agents, so they take the DVA number no problem.

What? I've booked at room at the GCH using the Dapper Day rate. They have also added park hopper tickets (the convention rate) to my room (although I did not buy them as a package, I called to add names to my room and they added the tickets at that time). So, when I go to check out can I not use Disney Gift cards to pay the balance on my account? I was under the impression gift cards were excepted every where at the DLR as a form on payment. What about for the tickets?

Landheim,

You may want to call Disneyland reservations to have them tell you yourself just for reassurance @ (714) 520-5060.

But when I called, regarding the same thing (Dapper day room only reservation) what they said was that the first night has to be paid for with a credit card and the remaining nights could be paid for with Disney gift cards. ;)

What? I've booked at room at the GCH using the Dapper Day rate. They have also added park hopper tickets (the convention rate) to my room (although I did not buy them as a package, I called to add names to my room and they added the tickets at that time). So, when I go to check out can I not use Disney Gift cards to pay the balance on my account? I was under the impression gift cards were excepted every where at the DLR as a form on payment. What about for the tickets?
Landheim,

You may want to call Disneyland reservations to have them tell you yourself just for reassurance @ (714) 520-5060.

But when I called, regarding the same thing (Dapper day room only reservation) what they said was that the first night has to be paid for with a credit card and the remaining nights could be paid for with Disney gift cards. ;)

I have also been told that you can use the Disney gift cards to pay the balance at check out. Last time I called, the CM also told me that if I wanted to apply gift cards to the first night deposit as well then at check in (or at check out) they could refund my credit card and I could give them the gift cards at that time. I have not tried this yet, but this is what I was told. I'm hoping to try this in the spring when staying onsite. Good luck!

I have also been told that you can use the Disney gift cards to pay the balance at check out. Last time I called, the CM also told me that if I wanted to apply gift cards to the first night deposit as well then at check in (or at check out) they could refund my credit card and I could give them the gift cards at that time. I have not tried this yet, but this is what I was told. I'm hoping to try this in the spring when staying onsite. Good luck!

You have to hold with a credit card. I discussed this with a cast member and was told that, yes, your card would be charged the amount, but that upon checkout, you would be able to "overpay" by the amount of that credit card charge and get it refunded. I ended up booking a package, so it didn't affect me, but I did investigate it throughly and thats what I found out.

Yes, unfortunately room-only reservations at DLR, for some reason, cannot be paid for with gift cards...
Wrong. We've paid for room only reservations multiple times with gift cards at Grand Californian. Disney gift cards are completely valid for room only reservations that you make through Disney. I don't know about using them for special occasion type reservations like Dapper Days or Gay Days as I haven't stayed on either promotions before. They once gave a hassle about that first night insisting they had to put it on the credit card but we were persistent and ran it up the command ladder. I don't remember exactly how it went if they charged and the refunded or what, but we able to pay with our gift card. We did have to keep a credit card on file with the room. FYI we pay off the account each day with our gift cards as we go through the trip (including room reservation charge) as they won't let you run a surplus.

Yes, unfortunately room-only reservations at DLR, for some reason, cannot be paid for with gift cards... However, I had good luck booking a package through Costco (got a bunch of extra perks/meal vouchers/gift card), and then paying with the DVA. Costco vacations are technically booked through Disney agents, so they take the DVA number no problem.
Uh-oh possible apologies @flightBOS I read this as simply pertaining to Disney gift cards. I have never used DVA so if that is different from the disney gift cards you get at the store for the resort don't listen to me! I have no experience with DVA!

If no one knows you can try asking on the DL board to see if anyone there has personal experience paying for the Dapper Day hotel and tickets with gift cards. http://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-california.26/

I am nervous that they will not come back online at all. When I search Disney gift card on target.com it shows under the $50 and $100 in stores only. When I click on it, it just says shipping currently unavailable. Has anyone talked to target? When I called the other day the guy told me on Weds. However, it is Weds. and they are still not there.

Not for nothing but I don't see how an outsourced call center employee would be able to accurately tell you when something would be back in stock. I'm sure they'll come back like always, but I'm not surprised it wasn't today.

I paid my ROOM only bill at Paradise Pier using a gazillion Disney Gift cards. I did this the night before we checked out. I did it very early because I didn't want to hold up the line! We stayed 8 nights so imagine how long that took to scan $50 each card :)

This was before you could combine up to $1000 of Disney gift cards on to one, which I imagine makes the process much faster!

I paid my ROOM only bill at Paradise Pier using a gazillion Disney Gift cards. I did this the night before we checked out. I did it very early because I didn't want to hold up the line! We stayed 8 nights so imagine how long that took to scan $50 each card :)

This was before you could combine up to $1000 of Disney gift cards on to one, which I imagine makes the process much faster!

Good to hear from someone who has actually done it. I paid the room charges the night before checkout with $100 gift cards...took 8 gift cards. Cast member was nice, but didn't seem to happy about it haha

I think the consensus is that you just cannot pay for room only with gift cards over the phone or online. In person, you can do whatever.

this is good to know! And they just credit the money back to where you originally paid? I've never done a disneyland hotel so I'm trying to figure out what i'm doing.

this is good to know! And they just credit the money back to where you originally paid? I've never done a disneyland hotel so I'm trying to figure out what i'm doing.
I'm fairly sure I didn't think about paying over my bill with gift cards (and get my deposit refunded to my cc). I don't see how it wouldn't work, though

Except I have about $500 in Target eCards that I can only use online. I imagine they'll be back in stock. *fingers crossed*

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, as others said, you can take your e-gift card to Target & purchase in store. ...and I've DONE this... My due date was on a Saturday and we cut it close! When I was paid on Friday, I went online around 6 A.M. and purchased $500ish in Target e-cards... I had trouble combining them to the physical Target card I had. So, I stopped at Target on my way to work...the Customer Service desk put them all onto my physical card... I walked over to the registers, picked up multiple $50 cards and used my physical card to pay for them.

Speaking to another point discussed on this thread: No issues from the checker either...in fact, she said, "What are you going to do with all these Disney gift cards?" I explained that I was paying off my trip! She was so caught up with curiosity about my purchase and never mentioned that it could be prohibited to purchase Disney GC using a Target GC. I don't think she had a clue.

And, it sure was fun listing all the Disney cards on MDE and paying it all off...watching that balance go down in $50 increments to zero, baby!
:jumping1:
Disney - here we come!!!!

How do you combine Target e-cards with a physical Target gift card? I looked at target's website and didn't see where it is possible to do this.

Edited to ask: or can I just use the mobile app to use the e-gift card? I see there is a barcode for each of my Target gift cards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter