• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as others have pointed out, the unactivated Disney gift cards that I have received have been single gift card orders.
Believe me, Target.com can and does screw up ONE gift card orders.:confused:
You've just been lucky so far.

Are you able to fix the problem or do you lose the money you paid?

what was the glitch?

That fact that you could pay with a giftcard yet have a red card stored in your profile and get another 5 percent off when paying with a giftcard....I think those days are long gone thx to the clown on the news....

That fact that you could pay with a giftcard yet have a red card stored in your profile and get another 5 percent off when paying with a giftcard....I think those days are long gone thx to the clown on the news....

Possibly... but I just checked and I can still get 5% off when paying with a gift card and purchasing Fandango and other entertainment cards.

If this was an unintended "glitch," you would think they would've fixed this on the other items. But the "extra 5%" when paying with a gift card still works on other gift cards and any other items on Target's website.

Now, it's entirely possible Target just said "take the Disney cards off the website" and changes could be coming, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say those days are gone. We shall see.

I see most of the recent posts are in regards to purchasing GCs online. Does the 5% discount work on the cards in the stores? I'm at my local target pretty much weekly and was planning on buying them at our grocery store (not at a discount but just to save so we don't "dip into it"). If I can use the redcard for a discount I'll be doing that.

I see most of the recent posts are in regards to purchasing GCs online. Does the 5% discount work on the cards in the stores? I'm at my local target pretty much weekly and was planning on buying them at our grocery store (not at a discount but just to save so we don't "dip into it"). If I can use the redcard for a discount I'll be doing that.

Yes, it works in the stores. I just did it this past week.

Every time the Disney gift cards go out of stock on the Target website, people start freaking out that either they are gone for good or that the 5% is being removed. Evey time...

If you have an upcoming trip and can't get your last bunch before your trip, that's a bummer and I sorry you're missing out on the last bit of your savings.

Otherwise, just wait and see. Most likely, they are just out of stock which seems to happen every so often. This is normal.

I just checked on target.com. They Disney gift cards now read 'In Store Only'. They no longer read 'Out of Stock Online'. Unfortunately, I think that may mean they no longer sell them online.

I just checked on target.com. They Disney gift cards now read 'In Store Only'. They no longer read 'Out of Stock Online'. Unfortunately, I think that may mean they no longer sell them online.

If you click on them they show the out of stock online message but it's just not in the first page like before.

Something else like this happened before where the Disney cards weren't even on the website, period, when they were out of stock then suddenly like within 1-2 weeks they reappeared.

Heather

Thanks! That should help a bit. I would hate to lose cards. :scared:

Just in case you have a cancellation, make sure to keep the actual cards after you use them to buy tickets. I only throw them out after I've used the product/service I bought with them.

The difference is that in stores, in order to get Disney Gift Cards at 5% off, you have to pay with your RedCard.

Online, you get the discount when using a Target gift card too, as long as you have the RedCard in your profile. And if you've obtained Target Gift Cards on a discount (Black Friday deal, etc), then the 5% discount and your target gift card discount stack.

Since the website shows sold in-store only, are we able to use Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards in the store? I want to get the Disney gift cards before our final ABD payment is due!

Since the website shows sold in-store only, are we able to use Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards in the store? I want to get the Disney gift cards before our final ABD payment is due!
Yes, but you won't get the Red Card 5% discount when you pay with a gift card in store.

I am in suffolk county ny I get $100 gc at bjs for $94.95. Lower denominations are available for a lesser discount

Disney gift cards are back online at Target!
Woo Hoo! I just ordered 8 $50 GCs using a combination of free Target GCs from rewards programs and some that I purchased last night from Raise .com for 7.1% off. Thanks for posting! I had been stalking the Target website for a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter