Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Target card is a credit card you sign up for that gives you 5% off every time you shop. The pharmacy 5% card you get in the mail after you purchase 5 new prescriptions.

The Target card is a credit card you sign up for that gives you 5% off every time you shop. The pharmacy 5% card you get in the mail after you purchase 5 new prescriptions.
Thank you, lovely!
Guess I will have to hold out for another kind of discount or reward then...
Unmedicated and no credit history so far :confused3 :rotfl:

I didn't know Bj's carried Disney gift cards. I am going to have to look this weekend when I go.

I found some at the BJ's in Franklin Mass. last week was the first time i've seen them there and this is my plan on buying them there you save $4.01 for each $100 card so for every $1000 you save $40.10

Confirmed by my hubby, a manager at a MA BJ's. They now sell them. We get rewards of cash back, so I am very excited that we'll get this discount, plus the $$ back from the rewards and we'll buy gift cards with that too!

would you ask your hubby if BJ's allows you to your debt card as a credit card for gift card purchases or does it have to be cash or a debt card option? thank you and would you mind just messaging me back in case i miss the answer here thank you

Casperina said:
Thank you, lovely!

Target doesn't let you sign up for the credit card anymore but they do have a Redcard debit card option that still gets you the 5% off benefit

Thank you, lovely!

Target also has a debit card that is just like your debit bank card. That is free and the money just comes out of your checking account. That is not a credit card and you still get the 5% off.

Also it is not just off 5 NEW prescriptions, it can be 5 refills that you do. So if you get a prescription filled every month that would work.

Okay, so now I'm REALLY excited. I knew I should trust the DIS instead of the Target employees. I just went to Target and bought a $15 Chick-fil-a card and it was 5% off. (It was classified as an entertainment card).
So....if I purchase $1500 in Disney Cards, I will save $150 (with my additional 5% off pharmacy card).
Just want to check and make sure that would work. Also, at that point, I could bring all 30 cards back home and apply them to my Disney balance online, correct?

yes this is correct

Target doesn't let you sign up for the credit card anymore but they do have a Redcard debit card option that still gets you the 5% off benefit

Target also has a debit card that is just like your debit bank card. That is free and the money just comes out of your checking account. That is not a credit card and you still get the 5% off.

Also it is not just off 5 NEW prescriptions, it can be 5 refills that you do. So if you get a prescription filled every month that would work.
Thanks for the help!
Guess I should gather up the account info and get on it for the debit card. Will still have trouble with the prescriptions as we currently have no medications ):

They still offer the Target credit card, it just doesn't have the visa support anymore.

They have the Target Red Card (in store credit card)
and
Target Debit Card

The Target Visa if you have one is still valid, but they don't issue them anymore

Just got my Target Red Card (Debit) card activated yesterday morning. Went to Target that night and tried to buy $900 worth of Disney gift cards. Transaction would NOT go through and the checkout girl told me to go to the service desk.... the guy at the service desk was able to make one transaction of $250 and that was it. All other transactions were denied.

Do they have a limit on new accounts? Or debit accounts? I obviously have the money in my bank account. I wonder why I got denied past $250?

Anyway, he let me buy the rest with a 5% off coupon and I paid with my credit card instead which gave me an additional 2% off because of my credit card rewards! So 7% off on about $650!

Too bad I didn't have a stackable 5% coupon.... I could have got 12% off!

So the TIP OF THE DAY: Do a LARGE transaction of gift cards... either beyond your credit limit or your debit transaction limit. Take it directly to the front desk and tell them you want the 5% off but the transaction probably won't go through because of the high dollar amount, and ask if you can pay with your credit card instead. Have a supervisor apply the 5% coupon and pay with your credit card to get additional awards or cashback from you credit card!

Just got my Target Red Card (Debit) card activated yesterday morning. Went to Target that night and tried to buy $900 worth of Disney gift cards. Transaction would NOT go through and the checkout girl told me to go to the service desk.... the guy at the service desk was able to make one transaction of $250 and that was it. All other transactions were denied.

Do they have a limit on new accounts? Or debit accounts? I obviously have the money in my bank account. I wonder why I got denied past $250?

Anyway, he let me buy the rest with a 5% off coupon and I paid with my credit card instead which gave me an additional 2% off because of my credit card rewards! So 7% off on about $650!

Too bad I didn't have a stackable 5% coupon.... I could have got 12% off!

I went through this when I got my Debit RedCard as well. They do start off new accounts with a low limit. The card is not directly tied to your bank account. When you make a purchase, Target writes and electronic check to your bank for the amount, and it takes a couple of days to process.

They say as you use your card successfully over time, your limit will increase. The annoying thing about their system is that they don't explain it anywhere, and they can't tell you what your limit is at any given time.

I've been going to BJs instead now. it's 4% off there, but the trade off is I can get as much I can afford (providing they are in stock) and they have $100 cards, so it's less actual cards to carry. I just got so annoyed with the Target guessing game.

I must have missed this elsewhere, but you can only pay for your reservation with gift cards over the phone on PACKAGE deals.

If you have a ROOM-ONLY deal like I have (as an AP holder), you must pay Disney the deposit and then pay with your gift cards AT THE HOTEL when you arrive.

I didn't know this until today.

When I look at my reservation online there is an option to pay via gift card however I have not yet tried it. If it doesn't work them I will just have to do it over the phone.

I just paid my trip balance of almost $3k off a few weeks ago using many, many gift cards purchased at Target. I did this on the Disney website. It was a little tricky at first, as you need to treat each transaction like you are only making one payment. Tip: Don't click where it says "Pay balance now" but rather go back into your trip balance and apply the next card. It took me a while, but I've saved a lot on this trip combining the Target Pharmacy discount with the Target Visa 5% that I have every day. I love saving $$$.:cool1:

Well, sounds like I needs to get a Target Debit card and a pharmacy card.

Did anyone ever figure out if you can buy a Disney card at Target with a Target gift card?
I know you cannot do this at CVS because I called and asked them the other day. I was planning on cashing out my Viggle points for CVS cards and turning them into Disney cards.

I'm so glad I found this thread!
After reading about the Target deals, I got my husband to get a $50 Disney gift card while he was at Target and he saved $8! This news made my day.:cool1:

SugarSpice said:
Well, sounds like I needs to get a Target Debit card and a pharmacy card.

Did anyone ever figure out if you can buy a Disney card at Target with a Target gift card?
I know you cannot do this at CVS because I called and asked them the other day. I was planning on cashing out my Viggle points for CVS cards and turning them into Disney cards.
Yes, you can use a Target giftcard to purchase a Disney giftcard.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter