• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target knows exactly what's going on. You aren't getting away with anything -- this is a business decision on Target's part.

Let me ask this. Of the people who charge hundreds or thousands of dollars on their Red Card, how many pay the entire balance at the end of the month? And if they don't, what's the interest rate?

I wont go as far as to label it as a business decision because we can't openly replicate this "deal" or loophole for the same saving in store. But it's definitely a known method for a very long time.

This work around has been going on before this thread was started (2012). Hope that gives everyone a perspective how old this is. I honestly also don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

Oh great, just got a cardpool target card worth $192 that is not valid...just love it that it takes so long to get the codes and then there is a problem, and no phone number.

I posted my question elsewhere as it really doesn't belong here. Sorry!

Last edited:
Seriously looking at doing the GCs for our next trip, but was wondering...is that a better plan than a regular savings, or perhaps even the Disney savings account?

I'd rather have more control over money than a Disney specific account, but what is the main advantage to GCs over savings? Is it simply the 5% discount if you go target.com? thanks in advance

Seriously looking at doing the GCs for our next trip, but was wondering...is that a better plan than a regular savings, or perhaps even the Disney savings account?

I'd rather have more control over money than a Disney specific account, but what is the main advantage to GCs over savings? Is it simply the 5% discount if you go target.com? thanks in advance

If you are smart and watch, you can get well over the 5%. I did the Ebay one a couple weeks ago (my first time) and got a little over 20%.

If you are smart and watch, you can get well over the 5%. I did the Ebay one a couple weeks ago (my first time) and got a little over 20%.
Yep. I've averaged 30% on my last $1,500 of gift cards. And to maximize savings, deposit the gift cards in a Disney Savings Account.

And even if you don't want to go the ebay route, there are several websites where you can get target cards at a discount, so you while you won't get 20-30% off, you can get over 10%.
Also, for every $1000 you use in the DVA to pay for your vacation, they give you a $20 gift card.

Hi-I am also very new to this (like reading this thread yesterday, lol) So I get the concept of buying a Target gc at a discount and then buying the Disney with the extra 5%. But how area you all saving more? I apologize as I tried to read back, but it gets confusing. And if some are limited time promotions how do you find out about them, just by watching this thread or are they listed elsewhere? Thanks!

Hi-I am also very new to this (like reading this thread yesterday, lol) So I get the concept of buying a Target gc at a discount and then buying the Disney with the extra 5%. But how area you all saving more? I apologize as I tried to read back, but it gets confusing. And if some are limited time promotions how do you find out about them, just by watching this thread or are they listed elsewhere? Thanks!
By buying the Target gift cards at a discount, using Amex offers, etc.

So you can buy Target gift cards from Raise and get 5-8% or so off. Or you can buy them and get fuel points (I buy at Kroger when they do 4x fuel points with an Amex that gives me 6% back at grocery stores for a total discount of about 14%.)

Once you have a Target gift card you use it to buy Disney gift cards online but set your red card as your default payment to get an extra 5% off.

There are limited time offers that are posted here as well as other deal websites. I hear Slickdeals being mentioned a lot.
For example, the most recent deal was Target offering ebay gift cards at a discount, at the same time a merchant on ebay was offering target gift cards at a discount. So people were using discounted target gift cards to purchase discounted ebay gift cards from Target, then using those to purchase discounted target gift cards on ebay. Some people would continue the cycle to get a higher percentage discount, until eventually they would spend their target gift cards on Disney gift cards. Confused yet? :)

Sometimes, people will post the deals that they find. But, given the stampede mentality that it often spurs, it's not unusual for people to play it close to the vest in order to prevent a good deal from getting killed before they have gotten everything out of it that they want. One example would be the PayPal/Target loophole that was closed shortly after it was posted here.

You might want to start reading slickdeals and fatwallet for Walmart and Target deals. Fuel perks deals are usually published in your local grocers' fliers.

Don't feel bad, it took me several read throughs before I got how to work this.

First, you need to open a Target Red Card account.
You can also open a Disney Visa account and/or an Amex Blue Cash Preferred card, or some other card that gives the rewards you want.
Then you need a Raise.com and/or Cardpool.com account
I also have a Topcashback.com account, for a few extra rewards.

When getting the actual cards, I first check whether Raise or Cardpool has Target giftcards (electronic only), and which one has the higher discount
Then I go to
1- Topcashback.com, and select either Cardpool or Raise. It will give me 1-2% cash back, or if I ask for Amazon credit, a little bit more
2- From Raise.com or Cardpool.com, I select Target.com gift cards for 5-7% off => I pay with with my Disney Rewards Visa, to get rewards to use in the park
Raise will send you an email almost immediately with the back of the card numbers for the cards you purchased. Cardpool takes a bit longer, sometimes a whole day.
3- I go to Target.com, and purchase Disney Gift Cards. When it's time to check out, I make sure that I have my Target Red Card selected, and that the Cart shows my 5% discount.
THEN instead of clicking "complete order", I click "Pay with Target Gift Card". That takes you to a page where you can enter the codes for the cards you bought (maximum of 4). If your cards don't total the whole amount, the remainder will go on your Target card. THIS ONLY WORKS ONLINE. If you go to a store, you can't tell them "I have a Target card, but please let me pay with gift cards and give me the 5% off."

This should get you about 12-13% off the full price of the Disney gift cards, which doesn't sound like much, but it works out to a nice chunk of change.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you want to buy $300 worth of Disney GC from Target and use the Red Card it will cost $285. When you get the Target GCs from Raise how do y'all finagle this? Do you try to get exactly $285 worth of Target GCs or do you go over a little? What do y'all do with the overage amount?
I save the remaining money on my Target GC.....then maybe later I'll start buying more and repeat the cycle with the Disney GCs. I do actually need a couple $100 more Disney GC for my trip next month. We have free dining but I'll use the cards for tips and OOP expenses.

There are limited time offers that are posted here as well as other deal websites. I hear Slickdeals being mentioned a lot.
For example, the most recent deal was Target offering ebay gift cards at a discount, at the same time a merchant on ebay was offering target gift cards at a discount. So people were using discounted target gift cards to purchase discounted ebay gift cards from Target, then using those to purchase discounted target gift cards on ebay. Some people would continue the cycle to get a higher percentage discount, until eventually they would spend their target gift cards on Disney gift cards. Confused yet? :)

In theory, you could have spent $80 on Raise.com and end up with entire Disney Vacation paid for.

1. $80 at Raise buys $85.50 Target Gift Card
2. $85.50 Target Gift Card buys $100 eBay at 10% off + 5% off using RedCard discount.
3. $100 eBay Gift Card buys ~$102 Target Gift Card.
4. Use $85.50 of that Target Gift Card to buy another $100 eBay Gift Card. Have $16.50 of Target gift cards left over.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 over and over, earning $16.50 each cycle until you've earned thousands of dollars of Target Gift Cards to convert to Disney Gift Cards, and you've paid for your Disney Vacation.

Of course, theory and practicality are two different things. As Target ran out of $100 eBay cards.

Last edited:
One example would be the PayPal/Target loophole that was closed shortly after it was posted here.

Whatever happened with that? The $5 off $50 coupon is still on Paypal.com. Why doesn't it work anymore? It worked at one time, so maybe that added an Exclusion of "No Gift Cards" and "No Entertainment Cards"?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for helping. It does seam like a confusing process but I am sure I just need to try it during the next good sale and see how it goes. It would be worth it if I could save that kind of money!
Do you normally start with small amounts like $50 or $100 or go all out with a couple hundred?

Please be aware that you have to jump on the Raise Target cards REALLY fast. There is no pausing to think about it. These cards fly out of there very quickly, especially at the higher discount percentages. They are usually gone by the time I get the email alert. You kind of just have to sit on the site and keep refreshing.

Thanks everyone for helping. It does seam like a confusing process but I am sure I just need to try it during the next good sale and see how it goes. It would be worth it if I could save that kind of money!
Do you normally start with small amounts like $50 or $100 or go all out with a couple hundred?

I would start small to get the hang of it and then it is up to you if you want go all out. Keep in mind that there's always the risk that Target will stop selling the Disney gift cards at a discount (5%) or allowing us to purchase them with target gift cards. Purchase them in amounts YOU feel comfortable with since it is your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter