Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm whether the 2x fuel points digital coupon at Kroger right now will also double the typical gift card fuel points from 2x to 4x? I doubt this is the case, but it's worth checking! My fuel points are drying up. Thanks!

Edit: Disregard. I finally found the exclusions, and gift cards are excluded. Darn!

It looks like last year this coming Saturday was the only day of January that they offered 4x fuel points on all gift cards. Here's hoping!

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether the 2x fuel points digital coupon at Kroger right now will also double the typical gift card fuel points from 2x to 4x? I doubt this is the case, but it's worth checking! My fuel points are drying up. Thanks!
Good question. Mine doesn't start working until tomorrow so I'm not sure.

Eta:says it excludes pharmacy, gift cards, prepaid wireless phone and airtime, little clinic, and receipt message fuel promotion.

Last edited:

I've been using my red card to get 5% off gift cards, but after reading this it seems like it makes more sense to buy through BJ's so I get points on my credit card, correct?

I've been using my red card to get 5% off gift cards, but after reading this it seems like it makes more sense to buy through BJ's so I get points on my credit card, correct?

It depends what cc you use. Discover has 5% on wholesale clubs this quarter.

5% off your gift cards is the bare minimum you should ever settle for because the REDcard makes getting this savings effortless. This thread is all about ways you can do better.

I don't have a BJs near me, but iirc there have been two ways to save at BJs recently.

- Amex recently had a targeted offer for $xx statement credit when you spend $xxx amount at BJs, including on gift cards.

- BJs is considered a wholesale club and for most of last year Chase Freedom and Discover offered 5% cash back for purchases at wholesale clubs. ETA: Chase Freedom no longer has wholesale clubs as a 5% cash back category this quarter; but Discover is still good.

Coupled with the fact that BJs sells Disney gift cards at a discount to begin with, you can stack the discount on the gift cards with whatever savings your credit card offers.

Stacking these savings is especially relevant since we can no longer use Target gift cards purchased at a discount to buy Disney gift cards on Target .com and stack those savings with the Target REDcard 5% discount.

It looks like last year this coming Saturday was the only day of January that they offered 4x fuel points on all gift cards. Here's hoping!

Do you know of a site that tracks this? I'm curious when the next 4x has been in the past. If not this weekend, then do they typically do it around Valentine's Day?

5% off your gift cards is the bare minimum you should ever settle for because the REDcard makes getting this savings effortless. This thread is all about ways you can do better.

I don't have a BJs near me, but iirc there have been two ways to save at BJs recently.

- Amex recently had a targeted offer for $xx statement credit when you spend $xxx amount at BJs, including on gift cards.

- BJs is considered a wholesale club and for most of last year Chase Freedom and Discover offered 5% cash back for purchases at wholesale clubs. ETA: Chase Freedom no longer has wholesale clubs as a 5% cash back category this quarter; but Discover is still good.

Coupled with the fact that BJs sells Disney gift cards at a discount to begin with, you can stack the discount on the gift cards with whatever savings your credit card offers.

Stacking these savings is especially relevant since we can no longer use Target gift cards purchased at a discount to buy Disney gift cards on Target .com and stack those savings with the Target REDcard 5% discount.
Thank you! So either way I should purchase from BJs since i don't get anything for using my redcard like I would get 1%/5% if theres an offer using my regular credit card? We don't have a discover card, so we would just buy with our freedom card and get the regular 1% back for our trip next month.

I'm not sure what the fuel points is all about, but considering I've had my car for over 2 years and don't even have 5k miles on it, it probably won't benefit me much anyway.

Thank you! So either way I should purchase from BJs since i don't get anything for using my redcard like I would get 1%/5% if theres an offer using my regular credit card? We don't have a discover card, so we would just buy with our freedom card and get the regular 1% back for our trip next month.

Not exactly.

You get 5% off just by using your REDcard to buy gift cards at Target. That's the extent of your savings using your REDcard.

Buying Disney gift cards at BJs is a little weird. BJs sells Disney gift cards in $25, $50, $100, and 3x$50 denominations, but your savings will depend on which cards you buy because the pricing is wacky:

$147.99/$150 (1.3% off)
$94.99/$100 (5% off)
$47.99/$50 (4% off)
$23.99/$25 (4% off)

So basically, it looks like you'll get the best deal if you buy $100 cards at $94.99 each, for a 5% discount. If you use your Chase Freedom card, you'll get another 1% cash back.

Shopping at BJs (ETA: with your Freedom card) offers not much more than the 5% savings at Target, but every little bit helps, right?

Last edited:
Not exactly.

You get 5% off just by using your REDcard to buy gift cards at Target. That's the extent of your savings using your REDcard.

Buying Disney gift cards at BJs is a little weird. BJs sells Disney gift cards in $25, $50, $100, and 3x$50 denominations, but your savings will depend on which cards you buy because the pricing is wacky:

$147.99/$150 (1.3% off)
$94.99/$100 (5% off)
$47.99/$50 (4% off)
$23.99/$25 (4% off)

So basically, it looks like you'll get the best deal if you buy $100 cards at $94.99 each, for a 5% discount. If you use your Chase Freedom card, you'll get another 1% cash back.

Shopping at BJs (ETA: with your Freedom card) offers not much more than the 5% savings at Target, but every little bit helps, right?
Sams sells sets of 3 $50 Disney cards for $142.98, so that's closer to 5%. If you don't have a BJ's nearby, that's a better option.

Right now Best Buy is offering a $10 off coupon. I am not sure if you just have to be on their mailing list or if you needed to be part of their rewards program. It went out in an email; I received mine on Jan 13; check your inboxes to see if you did too. DoctorOfCredit thinks you can use it to buy a $10 gift card. I figure if that doesn't work, I should be able to use it toward a $25 card.
It has a bar code, so the one you see online at the DOC website is not good for copying.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/free-10-best-buy-check-emails/

Sams sells sets of 3 $50 Disney cards for $142.98, so that's closer to 5%. If you don't have a BJ's nearby, that's a better option.

Thanks, I don't have a BJs near me so those prices were from their website.

Right now Best Buy is offering a $10 off coupon. I am not sure if you just have to be on their mailing list or if you needed to be part of their rewards program. It went out in an email; I received mine on Jan 13; check your inboxes to see if you did too. DoctorOfCredit thinks you can use it to buy a $10 gift card. I figure if that doesn't work, I should be able to use it toward a $25 card.
It has a bar code, so the one you see online at the DOC website is not good for copying.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/free-10-best-buy-check-emails/

I tried to buy a Disney gift card with my $10 off code from Best Buy and my order was immediately canceled. I ordered merchandise and my $10 off code worked.

For anyone else who lives near a Sam's Club and has one of the cards that offers 5% back at club stores, my local Sam's actually carries the $500 Disney GC's for $474.88. So stacking those with one of those cards is a pretty effortless 10% discount.

I tried to buy a Disney gift card with my $10 off code from Best Buy and my order was immediately canceled. I ordered merchandise and my $10 off code worked.

I used my code on merchandise also b/c I needed some items and the Visa checkout offer of $25 off $100 plus my $10 email coupon stacked so that was the best use for me. But many have used the coupon in store on GC's with no problem.

This is not exactly a straight path to saving on Disney gift cards, per se, but could help save for your Disney vacation or save money in general.

Target gift cards, as you know, can be used to buy Disney gift cards in store (but not online). Target gift cards bought at a discount can still be used to stack with your REDcard's 5% discount on Target .com when buying non-gift card merchandise. Target gift cards can be bought at a discount on gift card reseller sites like Raise and Cardpool.

Now, a lot of people know all this, but this method could be worth revisiting to some because currently, Cardpool sells Target gift cards at 6% off, and Target gift cards on Raise frequently trends over 6%. (I recently found and purchased nearly $400 worth of Target at 8% off on Raise just by casually refreshing the site.) As is, buying and using Target gift cards at these discounts (6%+ off) offers you better savings than using the REDcard alone (5% off). Additionally, Ebates pays out 1% cash back for your purchases on Raise (subject to a lifetime cap).

For those who are trying to meet a minimum spend on a new credit card for a sign-up bonus (all you CSR people out there) or have a credit card that offers better rewards or cash back (since the REDcard can only be used at Target and is really only good for 5% off), you should charge your gift card purchases to that credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter