Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the very first time I bought Disney Gift Card - $100 ea. total $500 online with my Target REDcard and got the 5% discount for the purchase,but I also received $20 off on shipping discount. So does this happen very time I use my REDcard??

Statement:
Subtotal: $500.00
Discounts
REDcard -$25.00
5% Discount

Shipping: $20.00
discount: -$20.00

estmated tax: $0.00
total: $475.00

you saved $45.00(9%)

Last edited:
For the very first time I bought Disney Gift Card - $100 ea. total $500 online with my Target REDcard and got the 5% discount for the purchase,but I also received $20 off on shipping discount. So does this happen very time I use my REDcard??

You shouldn't be charged shipping if you use your redcard.

Just got back from Sam's Club... Purchased $2000 of Disney Gift Cards for $1899.92 with $398.98 back from American Express. So total cost was $1499.94 for $2000 worth of gift cards, or a 25% discount.
What AMEX is this that gives 20% back on a purchase?

The Amex Business cards... either the Starwoods preferred or the SimplyCash have an offer of receiving 20% back at Sam's Club thru 1/31 on up to $1250 of spending. And you do not need to own a business to get a business credit card.
Wow! Awesome!

On 1/5 I had a strange experience with self check out. I tried to use $300 in Target GC to buy $250 in Disney GC and some merchandise. The self check out jammed. I was stuck in "processing." The money was taken from the Target GC but the clerk said the Disney cards were not active. It was a big mess but ultimately I got the money back on my Target GC. The manager said there have been a few incidence of the self check out jamming and at first did not say it had to do with the cards. Later during the long process of getting money back to my Target GC he made the comment that you cannot buy gift cards with target GC. I did not try to get any that day.

I went back on 1/13 and successfully bought $800 in gift cards using $300 in the target GC and $500 on my red card. I used the cashier check out and did not have any problems. Got the 5% off for the portion on my red card and the gift cards (which were purchased at 10% off) went through fine.

I wish this was more straight forward. I probably won't use the 10% Target card discount again as I'm finding redemption too stressful.

Good luck!

On 1/5 I had a strange experience with self check out. I tried to use $300 in Target GC to buy $250 in Disney GC and some merchandise. The self check out jammed. I was stuck in "processing." The money was taken from the Target GC but the clerk said the Disney cards were not active. It was a big mess but ultimately I got the money back on my Target GC. The manager said there have been a few incidence of the self check out jamming and at first did not say it had to do with the cards. Later during the long process of getting money back to my Target GC he made the comment that you cannot buy gift cards with target GC. I did not try to get any that day.

I went back on 1/13 and successfully bought $800 in gift cards using $300 in the target GC and $500 on my red card. I used the cashier check out and did not have any problems. Got the 5% off for the portion on my red card and the gift cards (which were purchased at 10% off) went through fine.

I wish this was more straight forward. I probably won't use the 10% Target card discount again as I'm finding redemption too stressful.

Good luck!
Similar thing happened to me a couple months back but I wasn't even buying disney gift cards, just groceries with gift cards. The employee told us that check-out computer was having problems so sometimes the computers just choke. Bad luck it happened when you were doing gc to gc.

I'm not sure when it happened, but I just looked at the payout for receipt hog and they changed. $30 payout is gone, but $40 is listed for 6500. I was getting excited because I was going to be cashing out soon, but it's going to be a little longer now...

I'm not sure when it happened, but I just looked at the payout for receipt hog and they changed. $30 payout is gone, but $40 is listed for 6500. I was getting excited because I was going to be cashing out soon, but it's going to be a little longer now...

I stopped using them such a slow earner it is not worth it

Does anyone know if you can use Lowes or Kohls gift cards to purchase disney cards?
I heard you can at Lowes, but they have to be physical cards. I only had electronic cards, and they only accept them online, and there are no gift cards there.
Hoping someone else has tried this

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter