Disney Fires Half of Thier Concierge Staff at Wilderness Lodge

donttrustthemouse

Earning My Ears
I heard that Disney fired the Club Level Concierge Staff because they were the highest seniority people.
What have you heard?

I plan to be going there soon and am afraid the service will be sub-par if the employees are more worried about their job security than my family's vacation. . . please research and reply

Wilderness lodge "concierge" (which is not what it is at all) is about 30
Rooms, is it not?

It wouldn't make sense to can half now...

Of course...they are gutting half the rooms for DVC where that pretense isn't needed...so you never know

Wilderness Concierge was the standard to go by , stayed there 2 years ago
Hope this is not true

Well the most senior employees probably have the more benefits, such as more weeks of vacation and such. And where I work at the senior employees are at a higher pay scale than the new employees. Which that used to never be the case.

I am a union shop steward at my job.
I am pretty sure that many Disney employees are unionized ,and so the least senior employees are laid off before more senior employees.
Even the least senior are usually offered equivalent positions,if there are any available.
So they may have to go to a different location, but not necessarily laid off.

It's just Iger getting a feel if guests would be upset if this actually were to happen.

Actually, jk...he wouldn't care.

I am a union shop steward at my job.
I am pretty sure that many Disney employees are unionized ,and so the least senior employees are laid off before more senior employees.
Even the least senior are usually offered equivalent positions,if there are any available.
So they may have to go to a different location, but not necessarily laid off.

Are you a shop steward in Florida? With non-binding unions and "at will" employment?

Soooo......the OP has not logged back in since making the post and a member who has never made a post has liked the 2nd post. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter