Disney Fantasy October 2016

AZNative

Earning My Ears
I know it's a looooooong way out, but just booked my very first cruise ever on the Fantasy for October 15, 2016.

I'm a single dad taking my 12yo daughter. Would love to meet up with others on this cruise.

We're not on that cruise; however, it sounds awesome! You and your DD will have a great time! Eastern or western Caribbean?

I've booked vacays pretty far out as well. Where are you leaving out of? How many days?

Hi AZNative,
I'm a single dad too with 13 and 11 year old daughters. We're not on your cruise; we're on the Fantasy Eastern August 13 cruise. This will be our 2nd Eastern and our 5th DCL cruise. We always have a great time! What I like most about DCL is that I feel my kids are safe but we do set some rules like establishing a meeting spot, not going into other rooms, etc. I let them check themselves in and out of the clubs but make sure they give me a call on the Wave Phone. My kids are responsible and fairly independent so I'm comfortable with how they spend their time on the ship. That said, we all like to hang out at the pool and try to get as many Aqua Duck rides in (especially at night). I also put a message board on our door so we can leave notes on where we are.

If your daughter plans to go to the Edge Club, tip - sign her in on boarding day, then have her attend the first day party where kids get to know each other. When we sailed and my oldest was 12, all she wanted to do was be in the Edge! Next year she plans to go the Vibe club. She is kind of quiet initially but made a few friends that hung out together. My youngest also had fun on her own in the Oceaneer Lab (or with me at the Lab during Open House times).

If you are looking for a Port Adventure, we did the Tree Liming Zip Line on St. Thomas, which was awesome. Maybe we'll do it again on our next cruise. I find doing Disney cruises an easy. low stress way to vacation with my kids.

Have a great time on your cruise!

You will have a great time on DCL. Just like Madnacdad said I feel safe with my DS going in and out on his own. I know for the last 2 cruises he was to old :sad2: for the clubs and got to see mom all the time. All I asked when he was younger was to meet me in the room by 5:30 to get ready for dinner. I never had a problem with him using his wave phone. He liked knowing he could just call if he was going some place other then the club. Now he still calls and lets me know where he is.

You will have a great time with the daughter and enjoy the moments you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter