Disney Dream January 9th, 2017

Hi there! I hope everyone is doing well, and have had a great holiday! I was just wondering where everyone is with FE gifts. I'm still putting mine together, but I can't wait to pass them all out!

I'm still working on mine too.... I had posted a question a week or so ago just to confirm that it's for 27 people not including my 3 and for all 4 nights right. I'm stressing that I'm going to mess something up.. this is our first cruise..

This is my first time also, but from my understanding, you can do the FE gifts as you chooses. I think some people do one for the whole cabin, others do one per person and one for the Cabin, or even just one per person. We will probably do one per perso. And if time allows also one cabin gift. If your 3 are on the final revised list, then they should be included. Also, I will only be doing one "night."

I'm not in the FE for this cruise, but have done it before. @Laurardh is right- you can usually do it however you like. Last time, we made a little gift bag for each cabin, and the number of items was based on the family members. Specifically, I ordered personalized pencils (with cruise name and date) and pirate ducks from Oriental Trading, and also had Disney stickers, and I'm sure there was something else, but not remembering. Then, we put as many pencils in the bag as family members, chose the Disney stickers based on the kids- boys vs girls, if they had character preferences, etc (or adults if there wen't any kids), and I think it was 1 pirate duck per family. Then we had to tag the bags with the cabin numbers since our bags were specific. Some people labeled their FE gifts with who it was from (cabin number or Dis screen name), but a lot were anonymous. It was a lot of fun, don't stress about it too much!

Does anyone know if runners not registered for the Challenge can do a 5k on this cruise? If so how do I sign up? Perfectly fine not getting the extra swag I just want to run but was not able to run this weekend

Does anyone know if runners not registered for the Challenge can do a 5k on this cruise? If so how do I sign up? Perfectly fine not getting the extra swag I just want to run but was not able to run this weekend

This is what I found out about it... message from the RunDisney people:

"
Thank you for contacting us at runDisney.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry. We have two options for Guests who would like to participate in a running event while onboard. The most popular is the Castaway Cay 5K, which is open to all Disney Cruise Line Guests during their voyage. A special medallion is presented to those who finish the race. Once aboard, please see the Port Adventures Desk for more information and registration since Guests are unable to register for the Castaway Cay 5K prior to boarding. An additional option is the Castaway Cay Challenge event. This is a special medal race available for Guests that took part in one of the events from the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend as well as the Castaway Cay 5K event. You can go to DisneyCruise.com to book your cruise aboard the Disney Dream today and then register for the Castaway Cay Challenge on Active.com. Cruises are limited and you will need to book this first before our running event. Both Castaway Cay options provide a fun experience and we are happy to offer them for you to enjoy.

We hope this information is helpful to you in planning to participate in one of our runDisney events.
"

This is what I found out about it... message from the RunDisney people:

"
Thank you for contacting us at runDisney.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your inquiry. We have two options for Guests who would like to participate in a running event while onboard. The most popular is the Castaway Cay 5K, which is open to all Disney Cruise Line Guests during their voyage. A special medallion is presented to those who finish the race. Once aboard, please see the Port Adventures Desk for more information and registration since Guests are unable to register for the Castaway Cay 5K prior to boarding. An additional option is the Castaway Cay Challenge event. This is a special medal race available for Guests that took part in one of the events from the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend as well as the Castaway Cay 5K event. You can go to DisneyCruise.com to book your cruise aboard the Disney Dream today and then register for the Castaway Cay Challenge on Active.com. Cruises are limited and you will need to book this first before our running event. Both Castaway Cay options provide a fun experience and we are happy to offer them for you to enjoy.

We hope this information is helpful to you in planning to participate in one of our runDisney events.
"
Thanks Diana it is. I thought that was the case but someone else told me otherwise. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you to everyone for exchanging gifts with us. We had so much fun and cannot wait to cruise again!

Hope everyone had a great time! (How could you not!?) We are thinking Alaska for our next cruise...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter