Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reports

I've got a question that I'm hoping someone can answer...

I booked 9116 and 9118 on the Dream for February 2017. We wanted adjoining staterooms. I found information online (and most recently on the trip reports linked from here) that 9116 is adjoining with 9114.

However, when I called DCL to confirm, I was told that 9116 and 9118 were indeed adjoining.

I'm confused. Is it possible that the rooms can be connected on both sides?

Thanks much!!!

Angie
"Auntie" and Mom of a Future Cruising Crew!!

I've got a question that I'm hoping someone can answer...

I booked 9116 and 9118 on the Dream for February 2017. We wanted adjoining staterooms. I found information online (and most recently on the trip reports linked from here) that 9116 is adjoining with 9114.

However, when I called DCL to confirm, I was told that 9116 and 9118 were indeed adjoining.

I'm confused. Is it possible that the rooms can be connected on both sides?

Thanks much!!!

Angie
"Auntie" and Mom of a Future Cruising Crew!!

Adjoining means they are next to each other, Connecting means they have a door.

Adjoining means they are next to each other, Connecting means they have a door.

Bingo! So if @awinangie did in fact request ADJOINING staterooms, she got exactly what she asked for and I'm sorry, but there is no room to call and complain about it.

Granted if she made the request herself by phone, the agent *should* have clarified since more than one person mixes the terms up, or if she used a TA, for the love of all that is holy the TA should have asked to clarify...

But the bottom line is the assigned cabins meet the request that was noted on the reservations.

Bingo! So if @awinangie did in fact request ADJOINING staterooms, she got exactly what she asked for and I'm sorry, but there is no room to call and complain about it.

Granted if she made the request herself by phone, the agent *should* have clarified since more than one person mixes the terms up, or if she used a TA, for the love of all that is holy the TA should have asked to clarify...

But the bottom line is the assigned cabins meet the request that was noted on the reservations.

Well now... This is very interesting. Not sure what words I used, other than the fact that we made the reservations on the DCL website and looked at the little pictures that had little "doorlike" slashes that made it look like the rooms have a door between them. No idea what language I used when I called to ask.

Just looked at the website and ran a mock selection and see the same thing. 9116 & 9118 look to have a door between them. Strange.

Well, I won't worry. I'll expect that we'll be connected, and then if we're not, no biggie...

Thanks.

Well now... This is very interesting. Not sure what words I used, other than the fact that we made the reservations on the DCL website and looked at the little pictures that had little "doorlike" slashes that made it look like the rooms have a door between them. No idea what language I used when I called to ask.

Just looked at the website and ran a mock selection and see the same thing. 9116 & 9118 look to have a door between them. Strange.

Well, I won't worry. I'll expect that we'll be connected, and then if we're not, no biggie...

Thanks.
9116 & 9118 are connecting.

On the deck plan the little > symbol (yellow circle) means the rooms are connecting. The little black arrows (red circle) indicates which way the connection is:
connecting rooms.jpg

We are a family of 4 on the Magic this December. We are a veranda room and when I look at the reviews there are a lot of comments that there is not bunk? DCL said that its sleeps four? Are there rooms that sleep four without a bunk?

We are a family of 4 on the Magic this December. We are a veranda room and when I look at the reviews there are a lot of comments that there is not bunk? DCL said that its sleeps four? Are there rooms that sleep four without a bunk?

I believe they contain a Murphy Bed. You can call DCL to confirm the type of beds in the room though.

They won't put you in a room unless it has enough beds for all. What room are you in?

They won't put you in a room unless it has enough beds for all. What room are you in?

We are is 7574. When I called DCL to ask they said the same thing "sleeps 4". I was just wondering if they expected that 2 people would sleep on the couch.

We are is 7574. When I called DCL to ask they said the same thing "sleeps 4". I was just wondering if they expected that 2 people would sleep on the couch.

Could it be that the review saying no bunk is for the Dream or the Fantasy? The website shows you reviews for all staterooms with that number on all ships and there are quite a few differences between the Magic/Wonder and the Dream/Fantasy.

Could it be that the review saying no bunk is for the Dream or the Fantasy? The website shows you reviews for all staterooms with that number on all ships and there are quite a few differences between the Magic/Wonder and the Dream/Fantasy.

That's what I was thinking too

I think when you were reading the reviews you did not look at the ship it was for. They are all ships listed and the Dream and Fantasy only hold 3 in that room but the Wonder and Magic hold 4.

The website says Deck 2 on the Magic can have either one large porthole or 2 small ones. How can I find out which one I have?

The website says Deck 2 on the Magic can have either one large porthole or 2 small ones. How can I find out which one I have?
Deck 2 on the Magic has one large porthole. Deck 1 on the Magic has 2 small portholes.

Deck 2 oceanview
Oceanview wonder 20111409 100_6520 1500.jpg

Deck 1 oceanview
2 porthole room 9D deck 1 wonder.JPG

The best way is to google the room number and ship and often you can find pictures or reviews

Thanks for the reply. What's with all the curtains?
There's a sheer curtain, it cuts the light a bit, and makes it less easy to someone (while in port) to view in. Then there's the blackout curtain (necessary on the northern cruises).

And the room divider curtain.

We're booked in connecting cabins 2638 and 2640 on the Wonder. Does anyone know what the space/room is forward of cabin 2638?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts