DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

Grace and Mary Conquer the World! -
Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 1)

Today Mary and I were the only two that had nothing to do, so we decided to go to EPCOT. We got there about 10:30 and headed over to World Showcase straight away, we had decided it was our mission for the day to meet every character in EPCOT.

We were there for rope drop in France and ran straight for Morocco to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. Only to find out they don't come out til 11:45 so we headed back to meet some other friends first!

Belle was first! We chatted briefly, I never really have lengthy conversations with Belle, even though I love her!

Then we popped over and started the line for Alice!

The character attendant informed us that Mary Poppins wouldn't be coming out to meet all day. Which was sad, cause like it kind of ruined the plan, but we were going to march on and meet everyone else! Right after Alice, we sped walk back to Aladdin and Jasmine and hopped in line.

We chatted about my necklace and Jasmine's necklace, and we made a little video from Al and Jas for Mary's boyfriend. Aladdin and Jasmine were also hilarious, the Photopass photographer was fixing his camera and he told them to hold on a minute and stay still and they were walking in circles looking all around say "What?! Stay still? What did you say, Joe?" It was hilarious. They were adorable as always and we never wanted to leave.

After Morocco we swung by France again to meet Aurora

We chatted briefly about her beautiful dress, it was very princessy, we loved her. Then we made our way over to China, back tracking through countries we've already been to. We stopped in America for a little snack.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 2)

After eating our delicious funnel cake we continued on to China, we had a special friend to meet.

We zig-zagged around to make it work with all the different meeting times, and headed back to meet Snow White!

We told Snow how our friends had all decided we were the seven dwarves and she asked us who we were, I am Dopey and Mary is happy. She was very excited! She also requested for us to let Chip and Dale know that they were it, because you see Snow White and the chipmunks had been playing tag and she hadn’t had a chance to tag them back, so it was our duty to do so for her.

After Snow White we headed over to the UK to meet some Hundred Acre pals.

I gave Tigger a big hug and told him he was my favorite, cause like HE IS! And he has been since I was a wee wee child! He got so excited and we bounced. It was fabulous!

Donald was up next, to top of the World Showcase friends!

Donald kissed both our hands, and we said "Oh Donald!! Does Daisy know you're such a ladies man?!" He said it was between us.

After some lovely time with Donald we headed over to meet Chip and Dale. We hoped in line, it was a little long but it moved very quickly!

We informed Chip and Dale that they were now it! They had been tagged by Snow White! They said “Rats!” They wanted us to tag Donald, but we had already met him so they told us to tag Mickey!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 3)

We headed over to Character Spot to meet Mickey and the gang. The wait time was posted as 30 minutes but we walked right in, and the line cut off behind us... before they let in a huge tour group where no one spoke English. Yikes, very little communication between character attendants and guests... that was rough!

We told Mickey that Chip and Dale tagged him! He got flustered and tried to tag us!

Then mutually we decided he should tag Goofy! So he ran over and tagged him, but Goofy didn't really understand what was happening... he was very confused.

Also they told Mickey about the large group coming in, he ran behind his curtain and hid, then he had to be calmed down by his character attendant.

After meeting the rest of the gang we headed over to meet Pluto! We were almost done!!

We told Pluto how we had met everyone today and he was one of our very last friends to meet! He got really excited!

After Pluto it was time to head over and meet Duffy to wrap up all of the characters for the day!

We had meet every character in the park! Every one of them! We were very proud of ourselves! We took some celebratory pics!

WE CONQUERED THE WORLD!

After traveling the world all day we were starving and decided it was time to grab lunch. We decided the Electric Umbrella would do! I got a kid's vegetarian flatbread!

After lunch we headed out and over to Hollywood Studios to meet up with the girls!

A collage of our day!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 4)

The girls were all on the way to Hollywood Studios so Mary and I headed that way.

We poked around the store, I traded a pin, and then we sat on a curb, we watched some street performers, then we sat on a curb and waited for them.

The pins I bought and LOVE.

These guys were extremely funny, they needed to vote for the president of the workers union, but they couldn't figure out how to play rock paper scissors, they were just a hilarious mess.

Finally the girls joined us, we went on the Great Movie Ride, then headed over to the Muppets, met Phineas and Ferb, grabbed some food at Pizza Planet, then rode Star Tours. Zoe had never done any of this AND it was her first time in the park!

After our little adventure we headed over to Sunset Boulevard to meet up with our other roommate Kaylee and her friend Andrew. We opted to go on RnRC rather than watch Fantasmic, because 1. it was cold and none of us were about that mist life, and 2. it was pretty late so we knew we'd have to stand.

This was Zoe and Kaylee's first time riding RnRC. After RnRC it was 8:57 and Alexis, Andrew, and I RAN over to ToT. We made it just in time and they closed the gates behind us.

It was a good terrifying ride. Afterwards we headed out of the park and back to the apartment. We just hung around the apartment and all went to be relatively early.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
What a fun mission at Epcot! Loved all the pictures, so awesome.

Fun night at Hollywood Studios, so crazy that your TOT car was so empty!

That's one of the things I would love about living in Disney. Just picking little goals for the day like meeting all the World Showcase characters. But oh bummer that Mary wasn't meeting. Goal ruined on a technicality. But you can still meet every character that's available, so that totally counts.

Oh I love the little games of tag the characters do with each other. So clever.

And congrats on Mission Accomplished. That is really cool.

What an experience you're having!! I loved seeing all the characters in Epcot to meet. In past trips we haven't met any characters in WS and this gives me a good idea of what to look for when we visit in the spring. We're planning on spending more time in WS this trip. :goodvibes

A Work Filled Few Days - Sunday, January 18th - Thursday 22nd, 2015

I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in these next few "days". There wasn't all that much to photograph, but HERE WE GOOOOO!

Sunday January 18th, 2015

Sunday was Welcome To Operations day for Mary, Laura, and I. We got up early and drove over to Disney University for a glorious 4 hour class about all the different roles at Disney as well as how to pick up a box and scoop ice cream without hurting yourself, followed by an even more glorious two hour class about our specific roles.

During the first class we were all split in different classrooms, sadness. A majority of the people in my class were working at All Stars, WOO! SAME! One of the girls at my table had the same role as me at All Star! YAY FOR MERCH! I was at a table of all Aussie/New Zealanders, hollaaaa from down unda! (I'm super lame I know). As fun as they tried to make the class it was inevitably boring, A for effort though!

We had a break for lunch then we moved on to our role specific classes, so Laura and I were together in Welcome to Merchandise. Our leaders in class were awesome and they actually did make it super fun! We went around the room and introduced ourselves and said our favorite characters, then we learned all about Merchandise. Then it was time to go home!

16254920128_61651d20cc_z.jpg

16256332139_f3f485069b_z.jpg

15820061894_ee2a9252c1_z.jpg

Laura being Cinderella and cleaning the apartment LOL

We went back to the apartment and lounged about for a while, we were like "oh my gosh we're so tired let's stay in!" then about an hour later Laura was like "Wait let's go to MAGIC KINGDOM!" and Mary and I were like "YA!" and we went to Panera first for dinner once Zoe got home. Then at Panera Laura was like "JK I don't want to go to Magic I'm too tired." But Mary and I really wanted Mickey bars, so we went to Contemporary then they didn't have Mickey bars, so we had to take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom and go get Mickey bars. Yup HAD to!

16416604746_400a74dfd2_z.jpg

16256334489_6e00043bfa_z.jpg

Yay for Mickey BARS!

Monday January 19th, 2015

On Monday I had Rolling Out The Red Carpet, which is the Welcome to Disney's All Stars. I took the bus with a girl Julia I had met a couple times throughout the week we'd been there, we both are working Merch at All Stars so woo!

16255178620_10d3d94605_z.jpg

Julia and I sat together, our leaders for the class were actually awesome, like the class was so much fun. We sat in the class and played trivias games about the All Stars and then we went on a theme of all three themes. Then we met with one of our Leaders of our department and got our costumes.

When I got back to the apartment all the girls were out by the pool so I joined them for a bit. Zoe saw her first religious writing in the sky. What a beautiful moment.

16442585025_9d6f10ba5c_z.jpg

We did something this night but like I have no idea what.

Tuesday January 20th, 2015

16256339059_cb7d6041da_z.jpg

Tuesday was my first day at All Stars in costume, I was with the other four CPs (Julia, Rachel, Emily, and Matt). This day was really long, kind of boring (seeing that we just walked around all the stores which we had already done before), and our trainer didn't really teach us all that much, it was a veryyyy long day and we were all a little frustrated, I guess they don't normally have five people in a group, usually only two, three at most, so it probably wasn't ideal for our trainer either.

16255183970_0351b89274_z.jpg

After work Julia and I went and treated ourselves to Krispy Kreme cause we deserved it. When I got home I think I worked on homework a little bit and did some writing for my TR, then when everyone got back we headed to Downtown Disney to go to Splitsville for Kaylee's birthday.

We got dinner first, I had Thai Shrimp pizza, it was too spicy for me.. but I don't like spice at all soooo. Everyone else really liked their pizza though! After food we bowled YAY!

16256341059_4cf6a34db3_z.jpg

It was a lot of fun, I almost won twice! HOLLA! At home we don't have big ball bowling (as I call it), we only have candlepin bowling, if you don't know what that is, its thinner pins and the ball is about the size of a small softball. It's weird, I know. So I'd like NEVER put my fingers in a bowling ball before. Like what! THAT'S SO WEIRD! But I did it! And I was like sorta good at it! WOO!

I tweeted: "Got the bowling alley going up on a Tuesday"

Cause I think I'm hilarious.

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015

Laura and I had Merchentainment this day. It was a class at Disney University and we pretty much just learned how to do transactions of all different sorts, and not to steal, and what to do if you see someone stealing. Lots of fun.

After the class Laura and I went back to the apartment and we were like "WOW we’re so tired! We're not doing anything all day other than homework and tv!" Then like two hours later I tweeted that I wanted ice cream and Laura tweeted at me in reply and said we should go get some so we did. LOL, typical. So we went to EPCOT. We met up with Mary, Kaylee, and Andrew at some point also.

16440846721_2eb3039731_z.jpg

16255215700_b853105e31_z.jpg
16256378689_c365400ba7_z.jpg

As we were walking out of Canada, Illuminations was starting!

Thursday January 22nd, 2015

Thursday I had Tier 3 of training with Julia and Matt. We learned how to open the store in the morning and like we did more cashiering and interacting with guests. After work Julia and I went over to Cast Connection and poked around. I got an autograph book and pen for my niece, Minnie ears for me, and a shirt. Julia got a non-Disney shirt as well.

Then we got lost on the way home cause there was traffic so we were like "Oh I bet if we turn left it'll take us like to Orlando! Nope... It doesn't... It takes you through groves and groves of oranges and home developments and really far from Orlando... Oops. At least it was an adventure.

Later that night, my roommates and I went to the Hollywood Glam housing event they had on the common. It was a lot of fun, we danced with everyone and had a blast just singing and dancing!

Last edited:
I agree it's great that you can just hop to a park to get a snack you're craving!

Do you guys get a discount on splitsville? They just put one in near us and we love going to hang out but can't really afford to bowl. I actually hate candlepin and prefer regular bowling but that's sacrilege to some of my friends

How fun to be able to just casual decide to go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot just for an Ice cream or Mickey bar ! I'm jealous. LOL !

Looks like a super fun day/night at the Magic Kingdom. When do you start working?

I started work on Monday the 19th!

Haha, wow, getting a compliment out of Gaston is a huge accomplishment... at least one that isn't about himself. :lmao:

COUNTRY BEARS!!!!!!!! :yay: :dance3: I'm glad you didn't waste any time in finally doing this. That's awesome!!!!!

And then Ariel. Perfect day. It must have been a chilly one though since she's wearing her skin shirt.

First ride is Dumbo? I flat out love that. That honestly is perfect!

And finishing off with The Kiss Goodnight. Perfect day indeed. So nice that you're getting along so well with the roomies. :goodvibes

Right? How nice of Gaston to compliment someone other than himself! It was a pretty chilly day, the air was really cold, but the sun was hot. Yes! Zoe loved Dumbo, she's loving everything about Disney! Ya we totally lucked out, we all get along super well!

Sounds like a great day at MK!! Love your fireworks pictures :)

What a fun mission at Epcot! Loved all the pictures, so awesome.

Fun night at Hollywood Studios, so crazy that your TOT car was so empty!

MK was lots of fun!! Epcot was great too! I know it was the last ride of the ride and we were the last people in the gates!

That's one of the things I would love about living in Disney. Just picking little goals for the day like meeting all the World Showcase characters. But oh bummer that Mary wasn't meeting. Goal ruined on a technicality. But you can still meet every character that's available, so that totally counts.

Oh I love the little games of tag the characters do with each other. So clever.

And congrats on Mission Accomplished. That is really cool.

I know, silly Mary! Too busy tending to the kids! I love having goals for the day, if you don't you just kind of end up wandering around cause we're here for so long that there no rush to do anything, especially things with longer lines. Thank you, thank you!

What an experience you're having!! I loved seeing all the characters in Epcot to meet. In past trips we haven't met any characters in WS and this gives me a good idea of what to look for when we visit in the spring. We're planning on spending more time in WS this trip. :goodvibes

I'm loving it! Those are all the characters that are always scheduled to be out, but sometimes they have different characters like Wendy, or Rafki or Princes with their Princesses rooming around in the different countries or near the International Gateway.

I just love how if you want ice cream you just hop on over to Magic Kingdom. :thumbsup2

It's amazing!

I agree it's great that you can just hop to a park to get a snack you're craving!

Do you guys get a discount on splitsville? They just put one in near us and we love going to hang out but can't really afford to bowl. I actually hate candlepin and prefer regular bowling but that's sacrilege to some of my friends

I know I love it! We do get a discount at Splitsville, it's about 7 or 8 dollars for Cast Members. Are you talking about the one in Foxboro?! I'm from around there and I was at Pats Place a while ago and noticed one there!

How fun to be able to just casual decide to go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot just for an Ice cream or Mickey bar ! I'm jealous. LOL !

We're super lucky to get to just pop into a park for a few minutes! Park ice cream is always better than regular ice cream!

Grace, you joined my TR and I always like to reciprocate and read yours in return. I will be back in a bit to catch up. But let me say how exciting that you will be doing the college program in the Spring. Perhaps I will see you when I'm there in May.

YAY!! I just found your DCP report...don't know how I missed it until now!

So excited that we made your report -- I'm so glad you noticed us and came to say hi. I was so surprised that someone would recognize me, it threw me for a loop...but DH was so impressed.

I'm so jealous that you guys got to eat the sushi...it was such a tease to be so close, but have no seats.

Loving your report so far -- fun to read all about your adventures!

By the way, I didn't realize you were a MA girl! Me too...grew up here, moved away for grad school in PA and then several years living in DC, but we just made the move back to MA, and love being here! You missed some serious snow this week! :thumbsup2

Life is rough when you want some ice cream and decide to just run on over to the Magic Kingdom...so jealous!

Grace, as promised, I am back and all caught up. Obviously I am way too far behind to comment on everything as I like to do, but here are a few thoughts and then I will stay caught up.

First, congrats on being accepted into the College Program. I could NOT get either one of my boys interested in this. If I had, I would have had AP's a lot sooner.

Love all the adventures you and your mom had on your drive down and while you were able to be at the parks together.

Your friends look like a great bunch and what fun you are all having at the parks, and introducing the newbie to all the fun at the parks.

I love that you made an Epcot adventure of meeting all the characters there on that one particular day.

You are just cute as a button (and appear to be very sweet). I'll be there May 3 - 10 and hope to run into you at one of the parks.

I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

I know I love it! We do get a discount at Splitsville, it's about 7 or 8 dollars for Cast Members. Are you talking about the one in Foxboro?! I'm from around there and I was at Pats Place a while ago and noticed one there!

Yes, that was the one that I was referring to at Pats Place! I live pretty close so we're up there all the time. I love it up there but its so expensive to actually bowl. Luckily they put in a piano bar and no cover before 9 so we can pretend.

I've always wanted to go to the one in DTD too but its so expensive too. I wonder if they're the same price though. It must be so awesome to be able to get the discount and just pop over when you have time. Almost as cool as doing that for the parks.

You sure missed a lot of snow. Pats Place got hit with over 28" I believe and more this weekend. You should try and get some updates in to make us snowbound folks jealous.

I'm loving your report. Living vicariously here too....and hoping since I'm too old for the CP...maybe my kids can go work in Canada at Epcot one day..since we're Canadian :) I LOVE that you can just swing by MK or Epcot for an ice cream...and park hop to your heart's content...sounds like such a blast! I hope you enjoy every second. Also it's great that you are documenting everything because sadly I'm sure it will go by all too quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter