Disney cancelled my Star Wars Dessert Party reservation for 1/29

skis2

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what event is planned for Star Wars Launch Bay or at the Star Wars Dessert Party on the evening of Sunday, January 29, 2017? Is anyone still attending the Star Wars Dessert Party on 1/29?
We had a reservation for the Star Wars dessert party that night until last week when I was called at work by a CM and told that my reservation was being cancelled. When I asked, she said that there was an event that night.
When I got home that evening, I call guest services and the CM I talked to saw my cancellation but didn't know why it had been cancelled. She put me on hold for 15 minutes while she searched for an answer but in the end, she couldn't find a reason. She was able to help me move some fast passes and make a new party reservation for later in the week.
I've been wondering why we got bumped? Is there a Pro Bowl event planned for that night in the Launch Bay? Was the event close to capacity and we got bumped for a VIP? After reading the thread about Disney cancelling CRT reservations, I wondered if they scheduled a new event for that space but I've been searching for a week and still can't find anything.
In the end, we were able to make the necessary changes and we're still looking forward to a great Disney vacation.

Does anyone know what event is planned for Star Wars Launch Bay or at the Star Wars Dessert Party on the evening of Sunday, January 29, 2017? Is anyone still attending the Star Wars Dessert Party on 1/29?
We had a reservation for the Star Wars dessert party that night until last week when I was called at work by a CM and told that my reservation was being cancelled. When I asked, she said that there was an event that night.
When I got home that evening, I call guest services and the CM I talked to saw my cancellation but didn't know why it had been cancelled. She put me on hold for 15 minutes while she searched for an answer but in the end, she couldn't find a reason. She was able to help me move some fast passes and make a new party reservation for later in the week.
I've been wondering why we got bumped? Is there a Pro Bowl event planned for that night in the Launch Bay? Was the event close to capacity and we got bumped for a VIP? After reading the thread about Disney cancelling CRT reservations, I wondered if they scheduled a new event for that space but I've been searching for a week and still can't find anything.
In the end, we were able to make the necessary changes and we're still looking forward to a great Disney vacation.
No idea but it won't be for the ProBowl. The game is going on on Sunday 1/29 so they won't even be at Disney then, they'll be at the stadium in Orlando.

I have no idea and it may not be helpful at all but it doesn't look like you can reserve it at all right now (though I don't know if this is a usual thing being 10 days away from the desired date)
upload_2017-1-19_19-41-59.png

It's not the first time this event was dark for 1 random night. But I don't recall a time where they booked and then made it dark.
Have you posted in the Everything Star Wars thread? Yulinin may well know the answer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter