Disney 2018

Planning for September 2018. No clue on dates or where we're staying. Places to stay are limited for a family of 5, but I'm pretty sure it's either port orleans riverside or carribean beach resort. My family of 5, my sisters family of 5, my mom, and brother will be there. None of us have ever been to disneyworld

We're targeting our first ever trip to Disney the last week of Feb / the first 2 weeks of March of 2018 for myself, my husband and our (will almost be 4 at the time) daughter. None of us have ever been to Disney so I'm so excited. We're thinking of staying at Port Orleans Riverside for a Saturday - Sunday trip.

5 days in the park with 2 days for travel and a non-park day in the middle. I like the idea of hitting Disney Springs on the water taxi from the resort. Should be a great trip!!!!

I am trying to decide between Oct 2017 or Feb 2018. We have been during both months b4 & wouldn't mind doing either again. I am leaning towards Feb, but we would be arriving at the end of Mardi Gras week & beginning of Pres weekend. I am afraid that would make it more crowded than we would like.

22-29 Dec 2018 Anaheim. Will stay at Dolphin's Cove resort. Wouldn't even dream about planning because it is so up in the air what will be opened or reopened by that time. My plan for now is paying off the debt from this last Christmas before Christmas 2018 comes around.

We are hoping to go during our spring break in April 2018. My youngest will finally be tall enough to ride almost everything!

June 12-23, 2018 for 11 nights at Port-Orleans Riverside for our family of 5. I plan on booking a room only reservation in a couple of weeks :).

Last edited:
22-29 Dec 2018 Anaheim. Will stay at Dolphin's Cove resort. Wouldn't even dream about planning because it is so up in the air what will be opened or reopened by that time. My plan for now is paying off the debt from this last Christmas before Christmas 2018 comes around.
You don't need to plan DL as far in advance as WDW - you can't make ADR until 2 months before hand and I'm not sure that you can do Fastpasses online. Also, it's smaller, so you don't feel like you are juggling as many balls in the air, as when you would plan for WDW. It should be a fun time!

You don't need to plan DL as far in advance as WDW - you can't make ADR until 2 months before hand and I'm not sure that you can do Fastpasses online. Also, it's smaller, so you don't feel like you are juggling as many balls in the air, as when you would plan for WDW. It should be a fun time!

I agree, but I use my timeshare week in anaheim every other year at Christmas, so I know many years out LOL

Planning on Fall Break, October 2018!! Big Family trip! Only 8 of us but we are excited! Wanting/Looking at Renting DVC Points!!

We just got connected with a TA and we'll be booking room-only for Feb 24 - March 4, AoA LM the end of this month. Getting SO pumped and learning so much on this board. I didn't realise how much there was to know about WDW!!!!

Well, I know it's ambitious, but I'm apparently planning a trip for 9(possibly only 8) for September 2018. My cousins, some of their significant others, my bro, and I are all going just a big ol' "Cousin Trip" for a week. It was all on a whim that some of us were in Disneyland together and came up with the conclusion that it needed to happen. Most have never been, and well as we've gotten older it's harder and harder to find time to hang out.

We're in the very early stages of planning, and currently figuring out who wants to go. We're all in our mid-late 20s except my youngest cousin who will be 17 around the time of the trip. With me being a Disneyland Resort Cast Member, the discounts are significant enough to make staying on property an option. I'm comparing prices for 2017 as a reference point, and optimistically geusstimating that it'll cost a little bit more for 2018 prices(I never knew there were so many room options!).

While three rooms at a value resort would seem like the obvious choice; I'm realizing already that for just a bit more(when you split it 8-9 ways, it seems even smaller), 2-bedroom villas, cabins, suites, and such are within reach. I know there's a lot more that needs to be figured out, like: flights(luckily we'd all be able to leave from LAX), dining plan(ah, the discounts...), reservations (mmmmm....food), and just the sheer fact that we're having so many people in our group.

It's a big endeavor. Some love, trust, and maybe some pixie dust(discounts too!) are bound to make this trip extra special... :tink:

we are planning for a 10 days stay in June of 2018. my 2 daughters are zeroed in on the Poly. So research and planning has begun

It's official! We are booked for 11 nights in June 2018 at Port Orleans - Riverside.:dogdance:

How exciting, you already booked!?!?

I am waiting until August to book for August. I still need to figure out when to go and how many days.

I am hoping to do a space center day at the beginning and go to the beach on arrival day or the space center...and then head to WDW a day or two later. Not exactly sure yet.

How exciting, you already booked!?!?

I am waiting until August to book for August. I still need to figure out when to go and how many days.

I am hoping to do a space center day at the beginning and go to the beach on arrival day or the space center...and then head to WDW a day or two later. Not exactly sure yet.

Yeah...I booked at 499 days out. We are a party of 5 and if I want to control my costs I'm limited to POR or CBR, so I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted ;). We are flying from CA and a kid will be graduating from HS in a couple of years, so we are doing a long trip.

We are planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center for a day too.

Yeah...I booked at 499 days out. We are a party of 5 and if I want to control my costs I'm limited to POR or CBR, so I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted ;). We are flying from CA and a kid will be graduating from HS in a couple of years, so we are doing a long trip.

We are planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center for a day too.

We are 5 as well. We haven't been since 2013 Ans are on the 5 year plan, lol! My DH went to Orlando for work last October and FaceTimed us from the WOD so we could pick what we wanted. He is probably going back this October which we couldn't even go for the weekend d/t HS soccer and then he said next March.

We will stay at the Poly again and I am possibly going to do a DVC just for the 2 bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts