• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This has been a thing at racetracks and some campgrounds I've been to that allowed carts. The liability amounts seem the same too. I think the tracks and cg's are tired of getting sued when someone does something stupid in a cart.

Been seeing this requirement more and more often. Heritage Cove in PA, Anchor Down in TN, Margarittaville (all). I have not run into a race track requiring it yet, though usually don't have one with me.

If you have a personal cart it's just something you deal with, though the cost is about 80 a year. Not sure how that will play out for rentals.

Have friends that owned resorts that rented boats and jet skis. They had hefty insurance to cover the equipment and anything stupid a renter did.
I would imagine the cart companies already had this covered.

Personal carts will probably be the most impacted.

j

IF you RV with a personal cart, you likely already have it because so many require it. I know Ken carries a policy on his (the cart I plan to bring down for the trip)

@Sjm9911 Worth reaching out and asking.
I did , and the rental company was taken by surprise. They previously dropped off in ft wilderness. They talked to thier lawyers, and didnt efhave anything to hang there hat on. So I got a disney cart. Witch is what they wanted. $$$$$. Almost 100 percent price difference. Unfortunately I wasnt willing to be a pawn and not have the golf cart for Halloween. I was lucky to get anything. This is how they want it. Lucky to pay 2x for a certain tine and your grateful to get it. Still may buy one, as it may be cheaper.

I did , and the rental company was taken by surprise. They previously dropped off in ft wilderness. They talked to thier lawyers, and didnt efhave anything to hang there hat on. So I got a disney cart. Witch is what they wanted. $$$$$. Almost 100 percent price difference. Unfortunately I wasnt willing to be a pawn and not have the golf cart for Halloween. I was lucky to get anything. This is how they want it. Lucky to pay 2x for a certain tine and your grateful to get it. Still may buy one, as it may be cheaper.

It was not cheap last time we rented one but nice to have. Since I have the ability to borrow a friends golf cart and @MrsPAHunter is gracious enough to tow that trailer with it on it down as we plan to caravan together. I will be able to save that money this round.

The cannot do business on Disney property stems from the few that where intentionally leaving their carts on property between rentals. There was a recent discussion about this being kind of relaxed recently on various FW Facebook groups and mentioned here. I expected it to change and other then the insurance part people like Kenny have already been doing their business off property. And may find a way to meet the insurance requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter