• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Discovery Magic" vs room only....???

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
There are 5 in our family, but I do not think it will be worth it to pay for 2 of my younger DS's. Can we get the Discovery Magic plan for me, my DH, and my DS (age 15), and just buy multi-day passes for the other two (along with just outright paying for their meals??) Can this be done and has anyone done this in the past??? (we are trying to cut corners as much as possible, since this will be our longest stay at WDW [10 days])

I don't think why you cannot do so. Have you talked to any CM at CRO or WDW travel? I believe they will be able to answer your quesiton. Let us know what happens afterwards.

Have a great trip!

Unless they've recently changed things, everyone in the room has to be part of the package. If you are trying to cut corners, packages are usually NOT the way to go. Some people can make the Disc. Magic work for them but that'd be way too much food for me.

For 10 days, you might want to consider an AP or Premium AP (if you plan to do the water parks, Pleasure Island and DQ). APs generally pay off after eight days in the park and I think the Premiums pay off after 10 (not positive on that one). An AP could possibly also get you a discount on the room (AP rates aren't always offered and they are currently out through the end of September).

Dopeygirl, but to buy an AP would not be worth it for us:( because we plan on going to Seaworld and IOA, so why pay for days spent in other parks?) Besides, since we are splitting our stay (bet. CBR and WL) that "transition" day was going to be spent at the pool and "relaxing" (we did not plan on a park for that day). Thanks everyone for the info.....

Ahh...then it wouldn't pay off for you. If you're going to other parks, then I'd definitely say no to the package, since you'd be paying for tickets/wishes for those days also then. If it were me, I'd probably just go with the Hoppers and the room-only (and hope for a discount).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter