Discovery Cove for adults?

katie111

DIS Veteran
Would 2 adults in their 40's have a good time at DC? We are leaving the kids home on this trip & mostly planning on relaxing at the resort as DH doesn't like theme parks but thought this might be a fun day out. We are very active, enjoy snorkeling, and like to have a few cocktails. Just trying to figure out if the cost of admission would be worth it and if there is enough there to keep us busy for the day. Would not do the dolphin swim as we've already done that a couple times in other locations.

My husband and I (no kids) went last year and we loved Discovery Cove. It's nice because you can have a totally relaxing day (floating around on the lazy river or lying in a hammock) or you can feed birds in the aviary, snorkel with the fish and rays, meet the animal ambassadors (we met a baby armadillo and a kinkajou). It is expensive but because everything is included, it feels nice to leave your wallet in a locker and just eat/drink whatever you want all day. Here's a link to my review from last year if you want to see how we filled our day: http://www.disboards.com/threads/discovery-cove-review-april-12-2016.3519566/#post-55975301

Thanks so much for the info! Your TR was great and totally makes me want to go. Now I just need to convince my DH that it's not a "theme park"!

Thanks so much for the info! Your TR was great and totally makes me want to go. Now I just need to convince my DH that it's not a "theme park"!
Discovery Cove doesn't have lines to wait in or big crowds - two of the worst things about most theme parks. And to me, it really felt like you were at an all-inclusive resort, not an Orlando park. Good luck convincing your DH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter