Discovery Cove- Apple watch 2 and Iphone 7 Plus

JoeBruin23

Earning My Ears
has anyone tried to bring an apple watch 2 and iphone 7 plus to discovery cove into the water yet? Any problems with the water? I know both are water resistant, but not sure for how long, how deep, and if salt water is ok. Thanks!

I wouldn't risk the 7+, yes its water resistant but not water proof, meaning that while its designed to be water tight (to a certain depth, time, age) water damage isn't covered under warranty.

I can't comment on the watch as I don't know to much about it, other than the ads with someone swimming with it. Maybe it has a better water/dust ingress rating.

I had the same thought (re: iphone) when we went in November. I decided to get a waterproof digital camera. Nikon S33. Worked great.

Note: If you are doing the Dolphin Swim, they won't let you bring anything into the water (camera, hanging jewelry, etc). Someone on the shore can take video/photos (they want you to spend money on their photo packages, which we did :)

This one is the difference between can you and should you. :)

The iPhone 7 has the same rating as an Apple Watch 1, so resistant to x meters (can't remember the specifics) for 30 mins.
Now people have tested the watch 1 and swam with it and it works fine afterwards but if it did break I'm sure they'd have the wiggle room to get out of it being covered under warranty.

The watch 2 however is listed as waterproof, so that you should be fine with. the downside is that without the phone it's, well, just a watch...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter