Discounts on Disney Gift Cards, all but gone?

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
Is Sams Club one of the only few remaining ways to purchase Disney Gift Cards at a discount now?

Any other reliable methods?

Target with thier card? I have a Red card debit, but was thinking that method no longer worked. Online or in store?

5% off Disney GC with the Target Redcard in store only. Online has not worked in months.
Oh, so I bet they will put a stop to that at some point too. I went on my Target app and loaded a card in my cart and it gave me the 5% off but I didn't know if it would go through or not.

Sorry, yes, still works online if paying with red card!! Brain was foggy when posting. sorry for the confusion.

The 5% discount for purchasing with a Target Red Card (credit or debit) still works both in store and online. They just closed the loophole that allowed the 5% discount when paying with Target gift cards online, which was a favorite of the gift card churners.

Although not exactly a "discount", I save my Target FWP gift cards and use them in-store to buy a Disney gift card once I have enough saved. I had $25 worth so instead of saving more for a $50 card, I used them to buy a $25 Disney gift card while they still have them. My Target store typically only carries $50 and $100 cards, but they offer $25 ones around the holiday. So I essentially purchased a $25 gift card at a 100% discount:goodvibes.

I also do Swagbucks, Shopkick, mPlaces and Perk and I use my BestBuy Visa card to earn Best Buy rewards. These are all "free" ways to earn gift cards that can be turned into Disney gift cards. If you are buying $100 Disney gift cards at Target, then each $5 FWP gift card is essentially a 5% discount. For each one you receive, you are gaining another 5% discount....10 gift cards = 50% off a $100 card, or 100% off a $50 card:thumbsup2. I like the Best Buy rewards because as long as I have a minimum of $25, I can buy a variable load Disney gift card. At Target, I have to save in $50 increments (except during the holidays when they stock the $25 cards), but at Best Buy, I can load $30, $40, $45 or whatever amount I have saved up.

The only "deal" I've found and I just bought to pay my DVC dues is Sam's Club. 3 pack of $50 cards for $142.98, paid using my Chase Freedom card to get 5% freedom card bonus as Sam's is one of the 4th quarter bonus categories. I think the days are done to score at the 12-15% (that's the best I could get) discount.

The only "deal" I've found and I just bought to pay my DVC dues is Sam's Club. 3 pack of $50 cards for $142.98, paid using my Chase Freedom card to get 5% freedom card bonus as Sam's is one of the 4th quarter bonus categories. I think the days are done to score at the 12-15% (that's the best I could get) discount.
Totally agree. 10-12% used to be the minimum I would save. But it was nice while it lasted.

Like @DisneyHardin said, if you have a Kroger and use an AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card to purchase Disney Gift Cards when they have 4x Fuel Points, you will realize a significant savings. At my Kroger, I was getting 6% at the fuel pump too.

I just used this combo for our 2 trips in 2017:
1.Target red debit card online purchases of $100 gift cards: 5%
2. Add the cards to a Disney vacation account for 2% off on my annual passes.

I was using other gift card/shopping portal tricks with target but it is shut down. But my red card still gives 5% in store and online (I have done both as recently as a week ago, although I could not find $100 cards available in store, only online), and the vacation account worked to give me $20 for each $1000 spent (2% basically) on the $5700 for annual passes. Now I am stocking up on the $100 cards for the in-park spending. For the passes, it saved me 7% or $350. Not great but not nothing either. For my in park spending, it will be 5%.

Like @DisneyHardin said, if you have a Kroger and use an AmEx Blue Cash Preferred card to purchase Disney Gift Cards when they have 4x Fuel Points, you will realize a significant savings. At my Kroger, I was getting 6% at the fuel pump too.

This is what I primarily use also. When dh & I gas up together, the savings are about 22%. Not as great as in our churning days, but better than nothing :)

Although I live on the west coast, someone on one of the forums just posted that even non-members could buy discounted Disney GC at BJs online. I tried it about an hour ago and was successful. The benefit comes when you use a Chase Freedom Visa. $100 Disney GC are $94.99 at BJs and you get an additional 5% rebate from Chase Freedom until December 31. That is almost a 10% savings. The best thing about this is you do NOT need to be a BJ member to order these discounted gift cards, and there is no surcharge or shipping fee. This was a pretty painless way to save 10% if you own a Chase Freedom Visa. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter