discount/pin frustration

SwirlyGirly

Mouseketeer
*UPDATE* I had my mom call last night a few hours after I called to see if maybe she had a pin since I'll be taking her with me. She called and they said I had a 30% off pin!!!!! I couldn't believe it. So coming on here and complaining worked. It's a magic thread! Vent here and maybe you'll get the pin you're looking for too!!!!

Warning, this is a vent: Argh! I have been sent pins every 6 months or so, every year except for our first trip, and this year when we would like to plan a big trip. I called on Tues and asked if I had a pin and was told that I don't have a pin, but I have a marking on my file saying that I can be offered a 10% discount. I didn't book on Tues, but I called back this morning, figuring that this year isn't my year for a good pin and the girl had no idea what I was talking about. She said there's nothing at all attached to my name. bummer!

OMG How I feel your pain! I've been receiving pins for the last 3 years when I couldn't go and I'm sure that next year when I do plan on taking my grandson for the first time, I won't get any! :rotfl2:

I understand your frustration. We travel every year in June and book our trip no later than February. I have called and called and called and finally gave up on a good discount. I too have always snagged a great pin but not this year. We are having to stay offsite this year. We are staying at a 2 br condo at Bonnet Creek for less than 1 room at Pop Century. Good luck!! Hope a good discount will come your way!!

At least you have gotten pins! Look at my signature to see how many times I have visited. All those trips and never one pin! You think they would throw something my way. I think they pretty much have me figured out. They know I'm coming back no matter what!

I want to rant too!!!!!! :rotfl:

I too received pins in the past! Currently I have plans for a trip in Oct. Also a 4 day cruise. I do not have a pin or any discount!!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!!! I have called and nothing!!!! I have received a few I could not use! We are a family of 6 so any discount would be great!!!!! :worship:

I guess for me I have my family on a budget. I have a $$$ amount to spend and I want a discount to make it happen! Depending on the pin/discount offered and the date, then I can make a plan for the length of stay. Also helps me decide on where to stay! :wizard: ahhhhhhh :lmao:

I feel your PIN pain !

A couple of years ago I rec'd a PIN in a Disney email. Addressed to our family, using our surname. When I called a CM to book dates she told me the PIN was coming up invalid. No, it wasn't expired and we met the criteria. She couldn't figure it either. I was unable to use that pin number in the end but then in the next weeks FD offer came out and we jumped on that one!

Still waiting/hoping/wishing for a December PIN for this year. We do get them regularly, but of course most likely not now when we really want one :)

At least you have gotten pins! Look at my signature to see how many times I have visited. All those trips and never one pin! You think they would throw something my way. I think they pretty much have me figured out. They know I'm coming back no matter what!

Holy Crow that is a lot of Disney trips...and no PIN??? I am sending my good PIN karma your way !!!!! :goodvibes

I have done all the tips out there and I got nothing! We've been going an average of twice a year for at least the last six years and I've received I think one ever. I've ordered videos, saved offers, made multiple email accounts, called to see and nothing!!!! I'm hoping still for one for June. We're booked and set to go on the room only discount but a free dining code that's rumored to be out there would save us $300! Seeing that we budgeted for paying the full amount $300 could mean another night or just our spending money or whatever! I won't hold my breath though!!!!

We only get codes right after we get back or for Disneyland :lmao:. These people are evil!!!!
Been hoping for something for this Octobers trip but nothing but DL stuff.
As for those that go all the time I think Disney knows you are a regular so they doen't need to send you anything to book another trip.

I am right there with you and would love a worthwhile pin that is good for our dates. I actually did receive one snail mail the first time ever a few weeks ago but it was only for 10%. I already booked using my AAA discount and that was a better discount. I asked the reservationist when I called if I by any chance had another pin attached to my name. She said I wouldnt get another one until this 10% off expires. Well apparently that one expires in Dec 2012 and we are going Oct 2012. Great! I just hope she was wrong about not getting another until that offer expires. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Back in the day when Disney only had 1 email for me and I didn't give out my email for everything Disney under the sun I actually rec'd PIN codes now that I've signed up for every email, survey, video, etc. a big fat NOTHING.....I'm convinced it's a conspiracy to build their email databases.:rotfl2:

p.s. Disney gods if you are ready this a PIN code would prove me wrong...just sayin'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter