Disboutiquers Part 9 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew CLOSED/MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday! I love the pictures and the cake. Did you use a coloring page to make Agent P? I want to make an Agent P applique on a shirt for my Nephew. I couldn't find a coloring page though.

No I just looked at the back of Timmy's shirt we got from the Disney store. I just kinda guessing as I went:lmao: ...but it looks like him for the most part!

It's a challenge to make gifts under $50. It doesn't have to be the whole list just some of it. They picked 50 people to participate and those 50 people are competing for $100.

I have purchased two pairs of striped knee socks to make Jen some leg warmers. She is very excited about this.

I :love::love::love: the agent P cake. That cake is just too darn cute and it looks professional. So great job!!

I love the Rescue Pets outfit. It turned out so cute.

Thanks for not looking at the cake too close!!!:rotfl2:

Okay, I caved and clicked the button. I have to cancel by friday if we don't go. Lin gave me NO answer (not a no, just didn't answer) and just annoyed me so I just booked. I swear it makes is like $32 a night! My math must be really bad today but I have done it several times!

:banana: :banana: :banana: I would've stayed at the POP but we have 5 in our room so no can do. I'm excited for you! What dates did you end up going with? My sister wanted to go to Disneyland with us in October, her 5 day trip there was going to be about the same price as her 9 night trip to Disneyworld! I did a little creative "Disney Math" to convince Mike, but it seriously ended up being quite a bit cheaper to stay on-site than stay in our paid-for condo off-site :confused3 especially when we factored in the extra 2 days when we needed a hotel anyway. Still he is driving me crazy wanting me to wait until I rent out the condo before I book the trip. What? Don't save money yet? Seriously, I ignored him. I booked it. We had a little argument on the phone and it ended with "fine do whatever you want" :rotfl:

I will be there with two by myself if my DH does not take off already! He has known about this since August!!!!

Oh Tim was the same way about booking our vacation...I finally just booked it and sent him an email telling him to put his vacation on the calander at work before anyone else took that week. He better do it or I'm taking three kids to WDW alone!:scared1:

I have seriously considered going alone with 4 kids! :rotfl: Now that would be crazy! But sometimes a DH is just another kid, right?

These are adorable!

That is adorable. THose appliques are so cute!

Did you use machine appliques? I love these outfits. DD would love a monster on her shirt.

:banana: :banana: :banana: Hurray! I will dance with you because our January trip is paid for. So now I need to get sewing. . .
'
Don't you love staying on site!!:cloud9:

I do. I must. I'm giving up 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a washer and dryer for a cramped and crowded room full o' kids. And I'm so happy about it. :confused3

Just wanted to drop in and say hi ladies...and Tom :) I've been MIA for quite awhile. We didn't have a trip planned and I just couldn't bring myself to be here. :( BUT!!!!! Now we are in the early, early stages of booking for next Oct. WOOHOO!!!! My oldest dd is into BMX and she will be competing at nationals in Disney in Oct. We just HAVE to go!!! LOL..... So here I am back and obsessed with all things disney. I must go and dust off my sewing machine now. :) I'm going to add y'all to my facebook page. Oy...that's another obsession in and of itself. LOL

Just wanted to drop in and say hi ladies...and Tom :) I've been MIA for quite awhile. We didn't have a trip planned and I just couldn't bring myself to be here. :( BUT!!!!! Now we are in the early, early stages of booking for next Oct. WOOHOO!!!! My oldest dd is into BMX and she will be competing at nationals in Disney in Oct. We just HAVE to go!!! LOL..... So here I am back and obsessed with all things disney. I must go and dust off my sewing machine now. :) I'm going to add y'all to my facebook page. Oy...that's another obsession in and of itself. LOL

Good to see you back!

I booked the 7th -14th. Trying to appease my husband without stretching his vacation and giving him his rest day when we get home. You know, if he even goes!

LOL! I cut the feet off the fur trimmed socks, and before I could do anything else, DD snatched them up and put them on. I guess she likes them. She asked to wear them to school tomorrow too! Guess I beter fix them tonight! I asked her if I should make some for her cousin, and she said - "No! Only for ME!" That would have been a quick and easy gift!!

Oh I am sooo excited!! I am in embroidery craziness here. I offered to do Anastasia's Performance group Jackets for all 12 in her group. I finished them and they will be my xmas gift to everyone since I did not charge. They are adorable and I will post a pic when she puts hers on!
Also Finished up my outfits for our thanksgiving trip next week, and finally a spot opened up at disney dining for the DL hotel ballroom for thanksgiving.. will we see any of you there???? Oh my goodness I am excited!!
Lori

Oh I am sooo excited!! I am in embroidery craziness here. I offered to do Anastasia's Performance group Jackets for all 12 in her group. I finished them and they will be my xmas gift to everyone since I did not charge. They are adorable and I will post a pic when she puts hers on!
Also Finished up my outfits for our thanksgiving trip next week, and finally a spot opened up at disney dining for the DL hotel ballroom for thanksgiving.. will we see any of you there???? Oh my goodness I am excited!!
Lori

When will you be here?? I am going to be at Disneyland this Sunday & Monday with grandkids from Vegas & San Diego and then the Sunday after Thanksgiving to meet with some friends!

Sue

Hi All! I have been lurking, really just trying to keep up.
You guys are making wonderful things and you have successfully changed my mind on leg warmers - I wasn't that interested before, but with all the cute pictures and easy way to make them I am thinking I might be a leg warmer person after all :)

We leave in a week and I am starting to freak out!
I am not attempting much in the way of customs other than some fun shirts, and I have most of the sewing done. I am waiting for some Hot Fix motifs that I ordered and then I have a few to make from the DISign board.
And we are going to a cold climate for Thanksgiving before we move on to our Cruise and WDW. So we have to pack for all weather - maybe DD needs some legwarmers :)

But my big freak out is Thanksgiving dinner. We are going to my Dad's cousins house for dinner. He and his wife are great and are like an Aunt and Uncle to me. They are having 18 people for dinner and my kids (DS5 and DD2) are the only kids coming :scared1:. I am guessing the next youngest would be there son who is in his 20's. So - I am looking for things to take to keep the kids occupied and happy for the several hours we will be there. My husband was teasing me last night and said when I give her hostess gift I should just say "this is to say sorry in advance for whatever we break while we are here" - I wanted to be mad at this, but it just made me laugh. Anyway, Wish us luck :)

The good news is the next morning we fly to Orlando! :cool1:
Is anyone else at the world the first two weeks of Dec?

Okay, I'm such a terrible visualizer...........I love the idea of the leg warmers, would someone show me what you are doing with them? I mean an outfit with them. I am having such a hard time picturing what to do with them and I'm certain I'm going to want them after I see what to pair them with!

Here you go! DD will wear them with tights so they are a little more age appropriate. ;) (And because she doesn't know how to sit like a little lady!)

IMG_3196.jpg

Thanks, Aimee for posting these!! I think they just might make really cute little gifts for my neices too!

Here you go! DD will wear them with tights so they are a little more age appropriate. ;) (And because she doesn't know how to sit like a little lady!)

IMG_3196.jpg

Thanks, Aimee for posting these!! I think they just might make really cute little gifts for my neices too!

totally freakin cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures of the leg warmers/baby legs! They are very cute and I guess I'll be adding them to my to do list!

Hi All! I have been lurking, really just trying to keep up.
You guys are making wonderful things and you have successfully changed my mind on leg warmers - I wasn't that interested before, but with all the cute pictures and easy way to make them I am thinking I might be a leg warmer person after all :)

We leave in a week and I am starting to freak out!
I am not attempting much in the way of customs other than some fun shirts, and I have most of the sewing done. I am waiting for some Hot Fix motifs that I ordered and then I have a few to make from the DISign board.
And we are going to a cold climate for Thanksgiving before we move on to our Cruise and WDW. So we have to pack for all weather - maybe DD needs some legwarmers :)

But my big freak out is Thanksgiving dinner. We are going to my Dad's cousins house for dinner. He and his wife are great and are like an Aunt and Uncle to me. They are having 18 people for dinner and my kids (DS5 and DD2) are the only kids coming :scared1:. I am guessing the next youngest would be there son who is in his 20's. So - I am looking for things to take to keep the kids occupied and happy for the several hours we will be there. My husband was teasing me last night and said when I give her hostess gift I should just say "this is to say sorry in advance for whatever we break while we are here" - I wanted to be mad at this, but it just made me laugh. Anyway, Wish us luck :)

The good news is the next morning we fly to Orlando! :cool1:
Is anyone else at the world the first two weeks of Dec?

We leave a week form today and will be in disney Nov 27- Dec 2!!!

Oh my you goodness!! Your DD looks adorable!! I hear you on the tights. That is what I thought also when I put them on my DD. ;) Glad she likes them and I hope your neices do too!!! :)

Way to go on the tree! You are on top of things!!!

Lisa- That is fantastic. The Wonder Pets have been on all morning in our house!!! We bought The Wonder Pets Save the Nutcracker. You have not lived until you have heard TWP sing to the Nutcracker! LOL:rotfl2:

I think I'll pass. I already had the songs from the show running through my head as I worked on the set... and since. LOL I got to use the embroidery function of my new machine on the set, though, so that was a fun thing. I added 2 pockets on the jeans. One says "Wonder Pets save the day!" and the other says "This is serious!". ;)

Very cute! It's hard for me to think of things for boys. I would much rather be making dresses.

I'm the same way. Most of what I've done for boys are from specific requests. I try to think of design ideas but always worry they'll be too "girly". Also, my fabric stash is definitely heavily weighted toward prints that work for girls. I have a lot of trouble deciding what I can use for boys... which is why so many of the knits I've used are solid colors.

Hey parents - I need suggestions. I got an email from Zoe's teacher today that Zoe said "s**t" in class today. The teacher said it seemed to be an accident but I still feel like an awful mother. I try to be very careful of what I say most of the time but I know I let the word slip out sometimes - like when the sewing isn't going as planned. :headache:. What's worse is I scolded Zoe last night for the same thing - she was "sewing" something that wasn't working right and the word slipped out. I think I feel worse because these do seem to be accidents which means she's familiar enough with the word for it to slip out unintentionally.

Any suggestions on good deterrents? I'm trying to come up with an incremental set of consequences for such slippage.

IMG_3196.jpg

Those came out great! I'm kicking myself that I only checked the girls' section when I was at Target today and didn't think to check the ladies sock section. :confused3

I think I'll pass. I already had the songs from the show running through my head as I worked on the set... and since. LOL I got to use the embroidery function of my new machine on the set, though, so that was a fun thing. I added 2 pockets on the jeans. One says "Wonder Pets save the day!" and the other says "This is serious!". ;)

I'm the same way. Most of what I've done for boys are from specific requests. I try to think of design ideas but always worry they'll be too "girly". Also, my fabric stash is definitely heavily weighted toward prints that work for girls. I have a lot of trouble deciding what I can use for boys... which is why so many of the knits I've used are solid colors.

Hey parents - I need suggestions. I got an email from Zoe's teacher today that Zoe said "s**t" in class today. The teacher said it seemed to be an accident but I still feel like an awful mother. I try to be very careful of what I say most of the time but I know I let the word slip out sometimes - like when the sewing isn't going as planned. :headache:. What's worse is I scolded Zoe last night for the same thing - she was "sewing" something that wasn't working right and the word slipped out. I think I feel worse because these do seem to be accidents which means she's familiar enough with the word for it to slip out unintentionally.

Any suggestions on good deterrents? I'm trying to come up with an incremental set of consequences for such slippage.

Hugs! I know that slips out of my mouth sometimes and Kadie has said it on occasion. :guilty: It's hard to not make an issue of it but if you do then she really remembers the word. I know someone will come along with some advice for you.

Sue

Oh my you goodness!! Your DD looks adorable!! I hear you on the tights. That is what I thought also when I put them on my DD. ;) Glad she likes them and I hope your neices do too!!! :)

Way to go on the tree! You are on top of things!!!

LOL! The tree is only part done. DH ran out of lights (meaning half of the ones from last year were burned out!) half way up. But DD reeeaaaly wanted to decorate it so they put some ornaments on the lower half. He got the rest of the lights on, now we need to finish decorating it!

Hugs to you...How about a bad word jar. When she gets caught saying a bad word she has to put a dollar (or a set amount) in the jar. Granted DD is a bit younger, but giving up $$ would set her straight pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter