Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to show you all a photo of my new Christmas tree skirt. The girls always have their own Christmas tree in their room, so I wanted to do a Fab 5 tree this year. Last year was Cinderella.
disneychristmastreeskirt.jpg

I didn't make this one...it was a find online...I just had to have it.

This is awesome! I love how the appliques came out.

Morning!

To the one who just got the new puppy congratulations!

We have 2 Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies. Well not really puppies anymore our oldest is 10 and the baby is going to be 2 in a few weeks. We crated them both when theyw ere young. Our old man stopped using the crate at less then a yr with no issue. He roamed the house when we were gone no problem. Then we got our baby Daisy! Oh MY she is a spit fire! :rotfl: She is great when we are home but if we leave her for more then 2 hours out she shreds things! We were really trying to let her have free roam so when we go to WDW we can jut get a pet sitter and not put her in a kennel. Well that isn't working out too well! I think she even realizes she needs to be crated when we go out because if she hears me tell teh kids to put their shoes on she walks right into the crate! ;) Hopefully in a few months we can try leaving her out again because i REALLY don't want to kennel her when we are away I want her home with her brother. So we will see.

Enjoy your new puppy!

I have a ??? I mentioned yesterday how much I LOVE those pettiskirts. I really want to get one fro my DD well actually my mom wants to get her one but we don't want to spend an arm and a leg! Do any of you have a good place to get one?

I have been checking ebay and there are a few on there but if you ahve any suggestions I would love it.

Thanks!

Thanks! So far so good! This potty training thing is NOT my favorite, but, he's doing pretty well! He's getting used to his crate too...thank goodness for it! :)

Ok, this is a horrible pic, but it's the best one I have of me. We had a princess party at church to help the teens raise money for a project. And yes, I DID wear mine for pretty much the entire day even after I got home. You know, I think it helped with the sewing I did that afternoon.

memytiara.jpg

:smokin:

LOVE the "trip report" 2b4him! SOOO cute!!! ::yes::

2007_06140001.jpg

2007_06140002.jpg

2007_06140003.jpg

2007_06140004.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I will be done with all my sewing and then I will take a break!!!
CUTE!!!

Love all the new outfits!! My husband is loading the suitcases in the van, we are off to Disney World for 10 days, check in the 8th, my birthday. I know I will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back.
Have a magical trip!!!

Okay...here is Kristine's "newbie" question of the day ;) If I was to purchase a pattern for a patchwork twirl skirt...would it help me with the math for figuring out how many squares I need? OR would I have to figure that out by myself (I'm a social worker...not a mathematician :rotfl: )
If you buy Carla's patchwork twirl skirt pattern from youcanmakethis.com she does all the math-tells you what size patches to cut, how many to cut, how many to put in each tier. I was really glad I had the pattern. OH...and I have a master of science in economics which is basically statistics so I can do math.:lmao:

So last night we went to "Magic Kingdom"
LOVED your trip report!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!!!!

Sorry - my poor grasp of the english language. 'Ickle' has stuck as 'little' in our house ever since my sister was about 6. She had to sing a big solo in the school christmas concert, it was just too bad she had her braces fitted the day before. Is anyone familiar with that old Christmas class 'ickle gongkey'!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK so here's my last BIG GIVE top. I hope they will be suitable for Florida in August. I forget what real sunshine looks like living in grey ole' england!!!

Picture001-1.jpg

Sorry for the huge shadow - yep it's me!!!!
CUTE!!!!!

I'm planning on using M5568, top B & then shorts.
M5568.jpg

Green for the yoke & the shorts & ice cream for the main part of the top & possibly swiping an cone or two to add to the shorts.

I'm also planning on a criss-cross backed top & shorts for my younger dd.
I think that will look great!

Does anyone know of a scoop neck top pattern in a size 8 or 10?

Someone PLEASE tell me 7 year olds get better!

I have been informed that 7 year olds:
1) KNOW everything
2)Can make mean faces at Mommy
3)Know MORE than grownups
4)Don't need to listen
5)Should be able to do what they want

Oh AND the Mommy of the 7 year old should do what the 7 year old wants ALL the time! :confused3

It gets better right?:scared1:

Kirsta had trouble in school for awhile. She was rolling her eyes at her teacher!! :scared1: and of course, the rest of your list at home. She's not perfect, but it's getting better. What do the 8's bring?

My local Hancock Fabrics store has lots of it. I was thinking about using it to make my grandpa a crawfish apron, cause they kind of look the same.

Thanks for the info - but the closest Hancock's to Toronto is 3.5 hours away in PA! Maybe they ship to Canada . . . PS I've always wanted to come to Louisianna and eat crawfish! Mmmmm.

** Darn it! I just checked Hancock's website and they don't ship outside the USA. :(

Ok, so I was told today that I must be bored staying at home with my kids, and have nothing better to do with my time...and I can do what I do because I do not work!! Why??? This is what I was doing when one of dd's preschool friend's mom dropped by - sewing dolls/bear's clothes! She works and has every Friday off, and constantly tell me that my life must be boring, and I have all the free time to do things that I want to do that she doesn't. Anyway, I made these today - matching dolls/bears outfit...

IMG_5916d.jpg

Pictures of dd's bear in matching AK outfit, and ds's bear in Mickey Mouse shorts (the shorts were too small!) Excuse the look on dd's bear - it is nasty looking, and it is her security item and she has had it since she turned 1! She picked it herself at Build-a-bear and that bear has never left her side since!

IMG_5912d.jpg

I will be back later after the kiddos go to bed to catch up!

Ok, so I was told today that I must be bored staying at home with my kids, and have nothing better to do with my time...and I can do what I do because I do not work!! Why??? This is what I was doing when one of dd's preschool friend's mom dropped by - sewing dolls/bear's clothes! She works and has every Friday off, and constantly tell me that my life must be boring, and I have all the free time to do things that I want to do that she doesn't. Anyway, I made these today - matching dolls/bears outfit...

th_IMG_5916d.jpg

Pictures of dd's bear in matching AK outfit, and ds's bear in Mickey Mouse shorts (the shorts were too small!) Excuse the look on dd's bear - it is nasty looking, and it is her security item and she has had it since she turned 1! She picked it herself at Build-a-bear and that bear has never left her side since!

th_IMG_5912d.jpg

Those outfis are so cute!!! That lady sounds REALLY annoying! GRRRRRR:furious:
The build a bear looks well loved!
If you want to, you can throw them in the washer and dryer. I've done it many times with stuffed animals. If they are particuarly dirty, I pretreat them and scrub them up a bit first, then tie them up in a pillowcase and wash away. I also throw them in the dryer in the pillowcase. To make it quicker, sometimes I unstuff them (I wouldn't suggest doing that in front of your daughter though!) They come out looking really nice !

IMG_5916d.jpg

IMG_5912d.jpg

Those outfits are adorable!!!

So this is the mom of your DD's friend not YOUR friend right? WHY would anyone say anything like that? I work full time while my DH is a SAHD. I don't think he or any SAHM is bored or doing all sorts of stuff they want.

Someone PLEASE tell me 7 year olds get better!

I have been informed that 7 year olds:
1) KNOW everything
2)Can make mean faces at Mommy
3)Know MORE than grownups
4)Don't need to listen
5)Should be able to do what they want

Oh AND the Mommy of the 7 year old should do what the 7 year old wants ALL the time! :confused3

It gets better right?:scared1:
Ya they get better or so I have heard anyway. I have a 14 year old and you probably do not want to hear this but she got worse till she turned 14. This year has thankfully been MUCH better than years past but I know kiddos that got worse too. It is so much just a female hormone thing unfortunetaly. Hugs to you. Just know that this too really will pass!

I ordered one from thebelovedchild.com--sign up for the newsletters and she sends out coupon codes. The owner is really nice, and the petti is gorgeous. :) There are also lots of people who make them on etsy/ebay.

Thanks i will check them out too! :)

OK I hope you all don't mind my little :offtopic: trip report. Since my WDW vacation is 515 days away, we need to do a little improvising here. Heather, feel free to join in...wearing a tiara of course.. :rotfl2:

So last night we went to "Magic Kingdom" (AKA Ocean City Boardwalk). Here we are next to the beach renovation...

th_IMGP5650.jpg

th_IMGP5652.jpg

It was a wonderful trip! The only bad thing was poor DD4 tripped and skinned both knees. (see pic above...she's on the left)We sought immediate first aid (two bandaids and lots of hugs and kisses). I am a really big croc fan...but I have to say it is very easy to trip in those things! :worried:

Thanks for coming along with me....and don't feel the need to quote this huge post! popcorn::

Love all the pictures! Especially these! Looks klike you guys had a great time!
Thanks for sharing.

th_IMG_5916d.jpg

th_IMG_5912d.jpg

I love people that think I must be bored. :no: Hoping you let it slide off your back and attribute it to they just don't get it. I love the new stuff! Love the one with minnie dots! Cute cute cute! ::yes::

I was at my Walmart this morning, and asked, as I always do WHEN they would be getting in some more fabric. The shelves are looking empty, and it scares me!!!

The lady told me that she had just taken over as the fabric department manager. Apparently, they were having problems ordering fabric, but she figured out how to order it, and just put in a big order for more fabric!!! She thought there might be Minnie Dot coming, we'll see... She said that most of it is suppose to be in next week sometime. Oh, I hope it is!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Our $1 section has about 10 bolts right now! It's pitiful!

I wanted to show you all a photo of my new Christmas tree skirt. The girls always have their own Christmas tree in their room, so I wanted to do a Fab 5 tree this year. Last year was Cinderella.

gotta love a girl who plans ahead!!!!:thumbsup2

IMG_5916d.jpg

IMG_5912d.jpg

OH that lady has GOT to go! How OBNOXIOUS! I'd have had to slap her around with a look of death and point out that at least SHE gets a day off from HER job...and gets paid to do it...you don't get to turn your kids off at the end of the work day and leave them off until the next morning when you are ready to start work again!:worship: to stay at home mom's!:goodvibes

honestly, people say things like that b/c they WISH they had the guts to be a stay at home mom!

Sally has a BAB bunny that she has loved to ribbons. That thing is SO ratty...but she loves it dearly and wouldn't be without it!

Wanted to show what DD 4 wore today. She picked the fabric out before she came to live with us on a weekend visit. It was all of about 1.50 a yard on clearance! We had a psych eval so 2 dr's plus an appointment with her regular Dr. All I can say I am thankful that she at least looked cute today lol. I kept thinking of that little poem:
When she was good she was very very good ... and when she was bad she was horrid. :rotfl2: On a positive note it was not a place I wanted her to be well mannered and sweet in and I was afraid that they would only see that side of her. That office is the only place I want children to act like they do at home lol.

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

When we got home she was being a cutie. Anyway we got out the car she said Mommy you need to fix my hair again so you can take pictures of me in my new outfit! :rotfl: So we of course had to. ;)

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early! :D

The trick is, firm boundaries and quick consistent consequences for poor attitudes and disrespectful faces and comments. I swear it works. Just let them know that being seven does NOT mean they get to start disrespecting mom and dad. If they want respect they need to give it. At this age they do get that. (I had this EXACT conversation with a student this afternoon...and yep, she was seven...she had a much better afternoon after our chat!)

just one social worker's opinion!:goodvibes

Oddly enough, the REASON for the 7 year old to be upset with me was because I was being firm and told her NO (oh the horror LOL). She is the first one to tell you "Mommy does not reward bad behavior". I Think she just "forgot" today. She is sleeping peacefully in bed (her little face is so cute when it is not making mean faces LOL). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :duck:

Ms Mckenna-I TOTALLY get "when she was good she was VERY good and when she was horrid" well...... LOL

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/twob4him/IMGP5652.jpg[/IMG]

I LOVE Ocean City - we go there all the time - my mom has a tiny beach house and we have a blast!!!

I finally finished the birthday girls and their new dolls outfits!! They will all match!! Isnt the baby cute!!! She was a special delivery from a special friend:goodvibes

I do like the way the Alines turn out, its just finishing that last seam that really makes me nuts - on the last one - Hannah's, I cheated and just sewed the thing up and you can see the seam, oh well - do you think the 2 year old will notice???:rotfl2:

Still looking for crocs, and I think I want to make a few more outfits for the dolls and the girls for their birthdays!! I want to sew for them while they will still wear it!!!!

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

YAY its the weekend!! Gonna be a HOT one up here in PA!!!!

Wendy

Wanted to show what DD 4 wore today. She picked the fabric out before she came to live with us on a weekend visit. It was all of about 1.50 a yard on clearance! We had a psych eval so 2 dr's plus an appointment with her regular Dr. All I can say I am thankful that she at least looked cute today lol. I kept thinking of that little poem:
When she was good she was very very good ... and when she was bad she was horrid. :rotfl2: On a positive note it was not a place I wanted her to be well mannered and sweet in and I was afraid that they would only see that side of her. That office is the only place I want children to act like they do at home lol.

sewing025-2-1.jpg

When we got home she was being a cutie. Anyway we got out the car she said Mommy you need to fix my hair again so you can take pictures of me in my new outfit! :rotfl: So we of course had to. ;)

Also if you do not mind say a little prayer that our good news gets better on Monday. I will let you guys know what is going on Monday after I talk to the kids worker either way but there could be something very very good happening very very soon! I am just trying not to jinx it by spilling the beans to early! :D

Oh, that outfit and material are the cutest!!!

I hope we hear your good news on Monday!!!

Ms Mckenna-I TOTALLY get "when she was good she was VERY good and when she was horrid" well...... LOL

Mom use to say that to Heather ALL THE TIME!

I LOVE Ocean City - we go there all the time - my mom has a tiny beach house and we have a blast!!!

I finally finished the birthday girls and their new dolls outfits!! They will all match!! Isnt the baby cute!!! She was a special delivery from a special friend:goodvibes

I do like the way the Alines turn out, its just finishing that last seam that really makes me nuts - on the last one - Hannah's, I cheated and just sewed the thing up and you can see the seam, oh well - do you think the 2 year old will notice???:rotfl2:

Still looking for crocs, and I think I want to make a few more outfits for the dolls and the girls for their birthdays!! I want to sew for them while they will still wear it!!!!

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Wendy

Too cute!!! Lyddy saw it and asked if I'd maker how one for her Princess Baby.

27? Heck that is when my bad attitude STARTED LOL. Oh wait according to the 7 year old I am only 24 :thumbsup2
:rotfl2:

Clare - I LOVE that you dotted the 'I' with a Mickey. Too cute!

Ok, I need a second (or 3rd & 4th) opinion. I grabbed these 2 fabrics out of my stash & then I wasn't sure I liked them together. The more I look at them, the more I like them, but still another opinion never hurts.
2008_06060007.jpg
I think that the two fabrics look cute together and will look fab considering the pattern that you are going to be using.

That is very cute. I need a nice tree skirt for my tree. I don't think we used one last year.:confused3

Thanks for the info - but the closest Hancock's to Toronto is 3.5 hours away in PA! Maybe they ship to Canada . . . PS I've always wanted to come to Louisianna and eat crawfish! Mmmmm.

** Darn it! I just checked Hancock's website and they don't ship outside the USA. :(
Well if you are willing to pay for the fabric and the shipping I wouldn't mind shipping it. I was just in there today and looked at that fabric again. One is white with rather large lobsters on it, one is covered completely in lobsters (this is the one that reminds me of crawfish) and the other one looks like a table cloth (it is red and white checked with lobster on the red squares). You should come down here and eat some crawfish. They are very yummy.

IMG_5916d.jpg

IMG_5912d.jpg

I hate it when people talk down to other people. She doesn't know too much about being a SAHM if that is the comment that she made. I love the bear outfits by the way.

Those outfis are so cute!!! That lady sounds REALLY annoying! GRRRRRR:furious:
The build a bear looks well loved!
If you want to, you can throw them in the washer and dryer. I've done it many times with stuffed animals. If they are particuarly dirty, I pretreat them and scrub them up a bit first, then tie them up in a pillowcase and wash away. I also throw them in the dryer in the pillowcase. To make it quicker, sometimes I unstuff them (I wouldn't suggest doing that in front of your daughter though!) They come out looking really nice !
The only thing that bothers me about putting the BABs in the washer is the barcode that they put inside the bear. I would hate for it to be damaged. That barcode is in there in case the bear gets lost. If the person is honest and returns it to the BAB store they open the bear, scan the barcode and return the bear to it's owner. The store in Lafayette that we go to said that they have actually had to do that several times.

sewing030-1-1.jpg

sewing025-2-1.jpg

Very pretty outfit and Good luck on the good news.

100_0856.jpg

100_0855.jpg

Wendy
Those outfits are so cute. The birthday girl is going to be so happy when she gets all of the beautiful stuff that you have made her.

Twob4him- I love your trip report.

Great pictures...looks like everyone had a great time!

Wow..amazing applique as always!

Those are really cute!!

Love all the pictures!

Another great outfit. Very cute!

so here's a picture of all of the fabric I got at Joanne's the other day.
th_IMG_0652.jpg

I really like the purple and pink floral fabric!!!

Love it...that looks great!! Love the mickey head as dots on the "i".

Clare - I LOVE that you dotted the 'I' with a Mickey. Too cute!

Ok, I need a second (or 3rd & 4th) opinion. I grabbed these 2 fabrics out of my stash & then I wasn't sure I liked them together. The more I look at them, the more I like them, but still another opinion never hurts.
th_2008_06060007.jpg

I think they will look great together! I like them.

Love the outfit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter