Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I soooooooo miss the active days of this thread. I was in my sewing quadrant the other day looking at a big box labeled I Spy. I made a lot of those bags for Big Gives and still have quite a stockpile of fillers. :sad1:

I have a question if anyone has a daughter sevenish. I just made my son's girlfriend's niece whom I've never met (see how desperate I am for a reason to sew?) some doll clothes. Apparently she's into Monster High, which I'm not familiar with, but saw some Monster High fabric and bought it. I never figured out what to do with the fabric so it has just been sitting. I have a pattern for an in the hoop wristlet. Would a seven year old girl ever in a hundred years use a wristlet? If not, any other ideas?

PS Headed to Disneyland for Christmas. We must be crazy!

I went ahead and made the wristlet since I had the materials on hand. I just need to add a small hand strap. Now that you see it any thoughts about appropriateness for a seven year old?

monhigh.jpg

I went ahead and made the wristlet since I had the materials on hand. I just need to add a small hand strap. Now that you see it any thoughts about appropriateness for a seven year old?
If she is into monster high she will love it. My 10 year olds love to use wristlets for their ipods.

tpmr.jpg

Here's yesterday's project. I've wanted to try embroidering on TP for some time and finally figured out a reason to do it!

She is gonna love it!!!

I hope so, and since I had the materials on hand no loss if she doesn't.

If she is into monster high she will love it. My 10 year olds love to use wristlets for their ipods.

When I first asked whether or not she has an American Girl doll (she lives in Canada) I was told that she's into Monster High. I saw the fabric but the dolls are SO TINY that I didn't attempt any clothing for them.

This is wonderful..I have a 7 year old she would love it! Can I ask what pattern you used?

It's a free in the hoop (5" x 7") design -- and so much fun to make. Here's a link http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=194080 You have to be a member (free) to download designs.

View attachment 139476

Here's yesterday's project. I've wanted to try embroidering on TP for some time and finally figured out a reason to do it!

I hope so, and since I had the materials on hand no loss if she doesn't.

When I first asked whether or not she has an American Girl doll (she lives in Canada) I was told that she's into Monster High. I saw the fabric but the dolls are SO TINY that I didn't attempt any clothing for them.

It's a free in the hoop (5" x 7") design -- and so much fun to make. Here's a link http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=194080 You have to be a member (free) to download designs.

Brill thankyou!!!

So excited to mark another dress off my list! Finished up a new Minnie Mouse inspired dress for DD5. (Sorry the lighting is not the best.)

View attachment 135989

Cute dress!

So far so good... I've been on a roll! Finished this up in time for DD to wear for her birthday.
View attachment 137266

Beautiful dress! I don't think I have seen that fabric before.

I soooooooo miss the active days of this thread. I was in my sewing quadrant the other day looking at a big box labeled I Spy. I made a lot of those bags for Big Gives and still have quite a stockpile of fillers. :sad1:

I have a question if anyone has a daughter sevenish. I just made my son's girlfriend's niece whom I've never met (see how desperate I am for a reason to sew?) some doll clothes. Apparently she's into Monster High, which I'm not familiar with, but saw some Monster High fabric and bought it. I never figured out what to do with the fabric so it has just been sitting. I have a pattern for an in the hoop wristlet. Would a seven year old girl ever in a hundred years use a wristlet? If not, any other ideas?

PS Headed to Disneyland for Christmas. We must be crazy!

Woohoo for going to Disneyland!

View attachment 138988

I imagine she will like it!

View attachment 139476

What a fun idea!

I have been sewing quite a bit lately, mostly for friends' kids and I keep on forgetting to take pictures before giving them away!

Oh I miss this thread!

I haven't taken my niece's on the last two trips (DCL) so I haven't been sewing much. I even forgot to take photos of all the hair clip holders I made for Christmas (approx. 9). Not sure I even took photos of the nightshirts or pj bottoms I made for my niece's and nephew.

I do have a trip planned for September but it's to the dark side (Universal) and Sea World. Has anyone made customs for Universal? So far I have Fiona (Shrek), Lisa (Simpsons) and Dr. Seuss as ideas for dresses.

I haven't been on here in forever but decided to stop by, it's very quiet.
I made a spongebob skirt for someone who went to universal.
I forgot about Spongebob, probably because I don't watch it. My niece would probably wear something with Spongebob on it.

Wow! Where did everyone go? I was hoping to find an expierenced quilter I could hire to finish the quilt I started. I feel lost and hopeless! Autographs are done some star blocks are done, and I printed the pictures. And have kind of given up at this point. Anyone know where to find someone for the job?

It's been so quiet!

We just got back from our trip to WDW. Thought I would share a few pics of some dresses, jackets and clothes for the kids.

For our BOG dinner and Akershus breakfast DD (5) was dressed as Belle.

Belle and Beast.png

I made the dress from a McCall's pattern that I adapted some but bought the hoop skirt. I also made the dinner jacket for DS (2) for BOG from a Blake Slate pattern. We had the best interaction with the beast at BOG! He spent so much time with the kids and the PP photographer took a ton of pictures. They danced and twirled and laughed. We just loved it.

If anyone is looking for something very easy to start out with, try pillow cases. Just measure one that you have and go from there. Here are 3 that I recently did:

dec29%20003.jpg

It's been so quiet!

We just got back from our trip to WDW. Thought I would share a few pics of some dresses, jackets and clothes for the kids.

For our BOG dinner and Akershus breakfast DD (5) was dressed as Belle.

View attachment 151167

I made the dress from a McCall's pattern that I adapted some but bought the hoop skirt. I also made the dinner jacket for DS (2) for BOG from a Blake Slate pattern. We had the best interaction with the beast at BOG! He spent so much time with the kids and the PP photographer took a ton of pictures. They danced and twirled and laughed. We just loved it.
That is beautiful!! I do not know how to sew at all. I enjoy looking at everyone's wonderful work.

I'm almost finished this Vida (my own pattern of it) for one of my daycare kids. I was going to make them for my nieces but they are now 9 and 12 so the oldest doesn't want one. The younger one said she will wear. I'm still waiting on some buttons I ordered, they haven't arrived yet. Hopefully they will be here before Easter so I can give it to her for Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!