Disboutiquers Part 22 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it Wendy!!!! What a great aunt to let them wear the pjs to Cracker Barrel!!!! And, they are all just so cute!!! It just makes me want to squeeze them!!!!!

It looks like you had a really fun weekend!! I bet you are tired though!

Well, whats an Aunt Wendy to do?? Billy and the kids all chanted Cracker Barrell in the car (then after that it was trying to trick each other into saying the word "but" = what is UP with that???). Our only other choices were wet bathing suits or Sunday School clothes!!! lol:lmao:

I am TIRED!! The worse thing is that their parents flight is delayed. So they are all tucked in at home with their 17 year old brother, Matt - and we are here waiting till their flight gets in at 1am!! Billy is asleep!!! We live SUPER CLOSE to the airport, so we play the shuttle game alot!

If only that DOG hadnt woken us all up this morning!!!! lol:rotfl:

Well, whats an Aunt Wendy to do?? Billy and the kids all chanted Cracker Barrell in the car (then after that it was trying to trick each other into saying the word "but" = what is UP with that???). Our only other choices were wet bathing suits or Sunday School clothes!!! lol:lmao:

I am TIRED!! The worse thing is that their parents flight is delayed. So they are all tucked in at home with their 17 year old brother, Matt - and we are here waiting till their flight gets in at 1am!! Billy is asleep!!! We live SUPER CLOSE to the airport, so we play the shuttle game alot!

If only that DOG hadnt woken us all up this morning!!!! lol:rotfl:

I'm sorry about the delayed flight! That's no fun!
So, Billy was joining in the chanting? :thumbsup2 You guys are too much fun!

I have to say, I don't miss having a dog! I loved sleeping in an extra hour this morning! Speaking of which, I think I'll head to bed! I hope the plane gets in earlier than they are saying!

I'm sorry about the delayed flight! That's no fun!
So, Billy was joining in the chanting? :thumbsup2 You guys are too much fun!

I have to say, I don't miss having a dog! I loved sleeping in an extra hour this morning! Speaking of which, I think I'll head to bed! I hope the plane gets in earlier than they are saying!

Yep - and lets just say he was the champion of winning the "BUT" game! He made the kids toast for breakfast this morning while I showered too - love that guy!!

Zoey of course is a perfect angel dog (lol) and was sleeping in nicely - Zoey does everything in her might to stay away from Genevieve!!! lol!!!

So I am starting to collect some of Heathersue's embroidery and applique designs that I want to do, but everytime I go to do them, I realize that I don't really have all of the colors I need. So could any of you reccommend an embroidery thread kit or pack that has a collection of the basics and where you purchased it (for a good price) :)
Thank you soooo much!! :)
Erica

I second the Marathon thread! My wonderful DIL bought me a set for Mother's Day! I think it is about time to remind them it is on my Christmas list as well!

Nini

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!

We had a fun weekend with the neices and nephew! We did an indoor playground yesterday, and then indoor water park today - I AM TIRED!!! lol

I did make them some new pj's to change into after the water park today - then we all wented to go to Cracker Barrel - sooooo, they wore them into Cracker Barrel!!!:rotfl: oh well, the kids coulda cared less!!! At least they were clean, right?????? haha

DSCF0964.jpg

So we got home and they started dropping like flies - lol - dont you love the Great Dane, Genevieve, sitting on my lap after the kids went down!!! lol. Hannah had been drifting off on my lap, sat up with her eyes closed and just laid down on the table!!! haha - then Tim lost it too!!!! Eliz was still awake, but fading fast!!!
DSCF0965.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0969.jpg

That's too cute! TOTALLY passed out on a coffee table of all places :lmao: AND OMG!! That dog is ginormous! I love how it's sitting on your lap AND standing on the floor at the same time :lmao:

Thanks everyone for your kind words! This is going to be DD's 1st trip to WDW, and we're quite excited. We're going for a week, and trying to figure out a "dress schedule" for which days and for how long we should keep her in the dress. :lmao:

That is absolutely amazing. And if cough you ever cough were going to sell that I know someone who would probably be very interested! :rolleyes1 Seriously it is absolutely adorable!

I think you would need to pry the dress from my wife's cold, dead hands. The words "family heirloom" have been mentioned more than once in conjunction with it.... :laughing:

DW's already thinking about next year's costume. DD's other favorite princess is Ariel, but I think she might end up being Sleeping Beauty, just so DW has an excuse to ask for a matching Maleficent costume. :rotfl:

TL

Hey everyone! Been forever since I was here. My daughter is really into her American Girl doll and herself having matching clothes and jammies. I'd love to create these for her. Any recomendations for easy patterns? I'm thinking peasant tops/gowns and pants and skirts? Also, any bedding patterns out there? Thanks!

Guys seriously how long should 2 bowling shirts take me? I have been working on them all day and I have the collar done on one and still have the collar on the other and the sleeves on both. I am a little irratated with myself as well because I tried one on my biggest 2 year old and I am thinking I should have made the 3/4 for him. I am not sure it is going to fit by Valentines :(

My first one was a total mess up. I never got how the collar went in, I have made every mistake there is to make. My instructions are highlighted and written all over so I don't keep making mistakes.

I do sew the bigger size as I want them to last a bit, so it is big now and fits next year. Keep practicing, they will get very easy and you can make one in a day easy.

Callie - thank you so much for jumping in on this!!! They will be thrilled with their new blankies!! So special, thank you!!! Yay for your 1st big give!!!

We had a fun weekend with the neices and nephew! We did an indoor playground yesterday, and then indoor water park today - I AM TIRED!!! lol

I did make them some new pj's to change into after the water park today - then we all wented to go to Cracker Barrel - sooooo, they wore them into Cracker Barrel!!!:rotfl: oh well, the kids coulda cared less!!! At least they were clean, right?????? haha

DSCF0964.jpg

So we got home and they started dropping like flies - lol - dont you love the Great Dane, Genevieve, sitting on my lap after the kids went down!!! lol. Hannah had been drifting off on my lap, sat up with her eyes closed and just laid down on the table!!! haha - then Tim lost it too!!!! Eliz was still awake, but fading fast!!!
DSCF0965.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0969.jpg

What a super fun auntie you are Wendy. It is tiring but you and Bill are super for taking good care of the kids and crew.

Trying to do my part to help us get to page 250. . . .

Here are toiletry bags I made for Michael's Big Give (for mom and Dad).

michale204-1-1.jpg

Hi folks, just got back from a quick trip to WDW and only spotted one DisBoutiquer ( a lurker! ). She had her daughter in a cute Simply Sweet using the blue A. Henry children of the world fabric, a ruffle on the bottom using the green A. Henry words fabric and a white fabric with just heads of kids around the world. It was super cute and hopefully she'll pop on and post a photo!

Saw another mom with two little girls in Minnie Dot tunic tops (with applique) with black pants with Minnie Dot ruffles. She said she bought them from someone, so I bet one of you fabulous ladies (or man) made them!

Trying to do my part to help us get to page 250. . . .

Here are toiletry bags I made for Michael's Big Give (for mom and Dad).

michale204-1-1.jpg

Did you read how excited Michael's Dad was about his bag!!!! lol - its so nice to do something for the parents, I think it helps to acknowledge that this trip is for them too!! They deserve to be in a happy place!!!:goodvibes

I can't post on FB because DD is a friend but here is her quilt for Christmas. She loves JS and also primary colours. It looks more like a boy quilt but it what she wants. I haven't finished yet, this is just the quilt top but I plan to do the back with JS fabric and then tie the quilt rather than stitch. As you can see it is the double nine patch.
IMG_6844.jpg

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6845.jpg

What a super fun auntie you are Wendy. It is tiring but you and Bill are super for taking good care of the kids and crew.

What date do you guys arrive at Disney?? Just looking at your ticker makes me think we might be there at the same time.

Wendy: Love that big ole dog!!! Great pj's!

th_DSCF0964.jpg

th_DSCF0965.jpg

th_DSCF0966.jpg

th_DSCF0969.jpg

Love the pjs! What a fun aunt you are!!!

Wow...what a weekend! Thanks to all of you for your comments, compliments, and encouragement on the craft fair. A friend and I went in together on the booth and collectively we did great. I wish I could have done a little better but the upside of that is that I have another craft show on Dec 11 so I won't have to make too much to fill my booth! ;) We had a great time though and I learned a lot (since this was my first time to do this).

Had to share this one....Katie had to define two words to the class this week for new word Wednesday. They could be any two words, she just had to define, use word in sentence and draw some pictures....Katie picked embroidery and applique. Yep, her pictures were of outfits with different Mickey heads....gotta know we are bringing them up right!:rotfl2:

Alright...how cute! Everytime my DGDs (3 & 5) come over, their favorite thing to do is get safety scissors (preschool kind) and they want to "cut thread". They really mean they want to cut fabric...so I give them a pile of scraps and it keeps them busy for hours. Hopefully some day they will actually be big enough to "sew" all of those cut pieces together....LOL!

Howdy everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've worked around the clock to get all my Halloween orders out in time, now I'm playing post-Halloween, pre-Disney trip catch-up!

I want to do something Christmasy for our Animal Kingdom day, since the characters there are in Christmas attire. I thought I'd seen some things posted that combined a safari theme in Christmas colors. Am I losing my mind?????

Sorry...I missed this post earlier. I have been gone/busy most of the weekend and haven't been on the boards...Here is the dress I made for AK for Christmas
SDC14191.jpg
SDC14193.jpg

I just had to say that I am pretty sure I met you today but I was unsure and couldn't bring it up. I had the 2 little girls - the 4-1/2 year old who loved everything and figured out what was in her size instantly and the baby in the carrier.

you had some absolutely beautiful outfits.

Yes, of course!! Why didn't you say something!? I would have loved to have known it was you. Well, it was nice seeing you even though I didn't know it was you.:)

Been very busy here!! I just mailed out my first Big Give item (not sure if it's ok to share a picture here yet?) And, I've been working feverishly on dresses for my girls for our trip - we leave 3 weeks from tomorrow!! :banana::banana::banana:

I had fun today trying out my Mom's embroidery machine (it's at least 10 years old, so no usb functions on it & half her embroidery cards aren't working right.) But, I made 2 cute snowmen to use on the tops of some dresses for the girls for Christmas. So, now I want an embroidery machine more than ever for Christmas! LOL I'm strongly considering the SE-400 from Wal-mart - it's on sale for $369 & has a $30 mail in rebate thru the end of the year. I've also been looking at the PE-770, LB6800PRW, and the ones on HSN, although I'm not sure which model they are featuring there. I really think I'd prefer a machine that both sews & embroiders & I think I'd be ok with the 4x4 hoop only since I'm mostly making little clothes, LOL I know I've seen some of you talk about needing the Brother PED basic software package for $100 to download designs from online - can anyone tell me - is this going to be the case with all of the Brother embroidery machines? Or, only the lower models? Just wondering if a more expensive machine has this built in already, or if they will all need this. I'd really love any advice or input I could get from you talented ladies!! :goodvibes

My first hand applique on a dress - I'm now also working on Donald Duck & Handy Manny...
th_IMG_0557.jpg

th_IMG_0558.jpg

th_IMG_0565.jpg

Dresses for apple picking:
th_IMG_0530.jpg

A monkey for my little monkey:
th_IMG_0337.jpg

Everything is really cute! I think you are a natural....keep it up!

Funny that I just got back from our school's auction tonight and won my son's quilt for his class! I can tell you what his class did on theirs. They had each child start with a 12x12 square. Each child did a self portrait out of fabric. The art teacher had pre-cut faces in several different flesh tones; hair in different colors and lengths, eyes in different colors, ect. They used fabric glue to fix them to each square. One of the grandmothers took the squares home and sewed the faces down then made a quilt that included each child's name on his/her square. The teachers also did a square. SO STINKING CUTE! (And it was quite a bidding war but darnit I wanted this quilt!!!)

Here is a picture of it....
75800_489899735972_631255972_7503549_6586432_n.jpg

Of course these were 5 year olds so 12 year olds could do their own cutting out of fabric. :)

Love the quilt! What a great idea!

I thought this might be a good place to share. My DD3 wanted to be Snow White for Halloween. DW is really good friends with a seamstress who offered to do costumes for us whenever we wanted. When we decided we were going to WDW, we thought maybe we would let DD wear the costume to the Akershus Princess breakfast. When DW's friend found that out, she kinda went all out on it....

ranasnow.jpg

That picture made the front page of the local newspaper (of course, it probably helped that the paper's head photographer that took the picture is the seamstress's husband. ;) ). I think she's going to be a hit at the park.

As long as no one looks directly at her in the sunlight.

TL

Ahhhh...she looks so cute in that dress. A piece of art!!

th_DSCF0964.jpg

th_DSCF0965.jpg

th_DSCF0966.jpg

th_DSCF0969.jpg

I tell everyone that I am adopted :-)lmao:) because I am NOTHING like my sisters in any way....so maybe I am related to you instead...can you be my aunt too????? I love Cracker Barrel and PJ's too! :confused3 I do have a DGD named Wendy too...that counts for something, right?

Froggy - your applique is great. Super job!

Wendy-I'm hoping you are still on here by the time this posts. Where is the indoor waterpark you went to? Also, I love the pj's you did, great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!