Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Sorry for the repost and quoting of oneself (gauche, I know), but I really could use some input. Thank you! :)

Loving all the new stuff. So inspired.

How inspired?

Well....

I actually got to lay out *and* cut out my blouse! Decided since I have the table and stuff out to go ahead and do DD's dress next and then just focus on assembly and sewing both pieces.

However, the layout guide for Kaity's dress is confusing me, so would y'all please tell me if you think I am figuring this out correctly.

What I see on the layout guide...
It shows two separate sections side by side for the layout I am using. For both, there is a fold at the top and a fold at the bottom with the selvages meeting together. Kind of like how one might have folded a letter out of a piece of paper to seal it shut with sealing wax in the olden days.

The first block is the straps and the neckline part on the top fold and the ruffle parts on the bottom fold. The selvage-meeting line is "higher".

The block shown beside it is the bodice front and back on the top fold and the top part of the skirt on the bottom fold. The selvage-meeting line is "lower".

What I think this translates to... I fold the fabric to accommodate the first block, pin my pieces down, and then cut this portion away. Refold the fabric to accommodate the layout of the second block, pin those pieces down, and then I'm good to go?

Sorry for the repost and quoting of oneself (gauche, I know), but I really could use some input. Thank you! :)

From what I am seeing...I think you are right....

OK guys..I'm really trying to move us along here...but I guess we will wait until the morning to move...I've got to go sew!

Nini

OK guys..I'm really trying to move us along here...but I guess we will wait until the morning to move...I've got to go sew!

Nini

Jennie...I'll second that opinion for you, but if you'd like to take a pic so we can confirm it that way, go ahead!

Nini, have fun sewing!

I completed a bowling shirt for Tyler's big give. I already posted the tink outfit for his sister Sierra and I will ship them out shortly.

Front:
th_100_3559.jpg

Back:
th_100_3560.jpg

I LOVE your bowling shirt. For my last trip to WDW I wanted to use a plain T-shirt and embroider "I'm Back" on the back -- sorta subtle. I was there in February and had a coat on every day as it turned out, but next time. . . .

Nini

Jennie...I'll second that opinion for you, but if you'd like to take a pic so we can confirm it that way, go ahead!

Thanks, Nini and Nanci. Here's a pic of what I was trying to describe (my camera battery was dead earlier):

IMG_6989.jpg

So I'm thinking that means pin the pattern down to match the part on the left and cut that block of fabric away, then refold the fabric according to the part on the right, pin those pattern pieces down, and then I'm good to go.

And, for good measure since I had the camera out anyway, the fabric and dress:
IMG_6991.jpg

And a gratuitous shot of my little princess...playing with the only other thing I've made for her apart from binky clips so far (had taken it down to show friends) LOL
DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

Thanks! :)

Jennie...yep, fold and cut twice, just like you thought. Pattern piece #4 is 1/2 off at the fold because you only need one. Pretty fabric and pattern, cuter baby! My DD had a piece of fabric she'd "talk" to hanging over her playyard rail, (we had dogs, and she was safer here) your DD just reminded me of that! It was something my mom had, and Marissa was really attracted to it, so Mema let her have it, and then made something out of it later when she moved onto more exciting toys. :)

Jennie...yep, fold and cut twice, just like you thought. Pattern piece #4 is 1/2 off at the fold because you only need one. Pretty fabric and pattern, cuter baby! My DD had a piece of fabric she'd "talk" to hanging over her playyard rail, (we had dogs, and she was safer here) your DD just reminded me of that! It was something my mom had, and Marissa was really attracted to it, so Mema let her have it, and then made something out of it later when she moved onto more exciting toys. :)

Thanks, Nanci! And sweet memory; I'm glad you shared it. :)

If you need another idea on igloo cakes, I made this one a couple years ago when Happy Feet came out for my DGD's birthday party. I covered it in blue icing and then added the sugar cubes.
Igloocake.jpg

How cute is that cake! great idea with the sugar cubes.

Hey! I just wanted to pop in and post one of my newest creations.
It's a modified simply sweet bodice (shortened on top as well as the bottom to fit the requested design) - I used knotted ties that slip through button holes on the bodice and an attached apron. The pants are easy fits with wide ruffles. This was a request from a friend that likes the look of Matilda Jane designs.

th_em-jenniferpaganelli.jpg
What a great outfit, the colors are perfect for summer and that model is the cutest.

You mean if the fabric you wanted is dropped, you have to pick something else and not just get a refund? I would not agree to that at all. It's bad enough when something happens like Jessica described and only some of a line gets ordered so you end up with coordinates and not the main print you ordered for them to go with. I know co-ops work well for many people or there wouldn't be so many but some are definitely more organized and managed than others.

I stayed up MUCH too late last night making the skirt but I couldn't wait to see the results. :goodvibes I learned that the border print won't work as well for smaller sizes, though, so I'm glad I only bought enough for this one skirt.

th_gnomes1.jpg

Well after doing some measuring yesterday, I realized I wouldn't be able to make the skirt much less full if I want it to be able to slip over hips the size of the measurements I'm using. I think I'll note that if the wearer has smaller hips, she can go down a size or 2 for the back piece as long as the front and back measurements at the waist are still enough to go over her hips. (Hope that makes sense).

That is very cute. She's always adorable but the colors are perfect for her.
You are quick and the skirt looks great. Your pattern directions sound like a great compromise to the debate about which skirt was better.

Georgia got her first Petti yesterday. Yep, that is right I said first. But better late than never right? SHE LOOOOOOOOVES IT! She even asked me why didn't she have one before. haha First of many I'm sure.

th_05061826b.jpg

th_MMS_Resized_Pix4.jpg
Your daughter looks very happy in her new petti.

Ok, just warning you all, lots of pics to follow. This is everything I've been up to. 1st b-day, easter outfits, rainy cold spring day outfit, and summer stuff. Oh, and the purses, love that free pattern from YCMT. And the peasant top is from that indietutes site, still need to play with the measurements a bit, but love it.

th_190.jpg

th_173.jpg

th_175.jpg

th_189.jpg

th_149.jpg

th_152.jpg

th_001.jpg

I'm so excited to have some free time now. I've made 2 purses (for mother's day) and the peasant shirt and shorts this week....it's great to actually be able to you the sewing machine, I just love that thing!
I love the cake and the first birthday outfits. Your girls are very cute in all your creations. The purse is very nice too.

And a gratuitous shot of my little princess...playing with the only other thing I've made for her apart from binky clips so far (had taken it down to show friends) LOL
th_DSC_0671.jpg

th_DSC_0670.jpg

Thanks! :)
Your daughter is so cute and your dress is very cute, you have come a long way from making binky clips (was it you that made the Saints clip?, that was probably more complicated then the dress).

So lovin the Peach in the Petti!!!!!!

Shannon - very cute!

Teresa - have a BLAST!!!

Yay on a new big give!!

Happy Weekend!:thumbsup2

So, we all get a little antsy when we get this close to page 249 right? SO I thought I would post some eye candy for you from the Sis Boom Sale at Jennifer Paganelli's house! I didn't get any pictures today- but I did take these when I was there yesterday- Carla has the pictures of all of us...
Here is room 1- the largest, with ready to go clothes and votives with casey scroll prints wrapped around them
28666_384117618457_564578457_4015824_2677325_n.jpg

These votives made such a cute display and had little fake lights in them- what a great, no mess idea!
28666_384117623457_564578457_4015825_1518073_n.jpg

Check out these initial frames- how cute for a baby's room, or a guest room, use your last name...
28666_384117628457_564578457_4015826_4619469_n.jpg

These are tulle aprons for Ladies- Jennifer excitedly informed me she was doing a pattern for these in her "new book"
28666_384117633457_564578457_4015827_1964930_n.jpg

I spy a hidden Mickey!
28666_384117643457_564578457_4015829_7712125_n.jpg

28666_384117663457_564578457_4015833_6447497_n.jpg

I will do a new post for more photos

Okay- part 2...
Another angle in room 2
28666_384117638457_564578457_4015828_7846146_n.jpg

pretty! pretty!
28666_384117648457_564578457_4015830_3742186_n.jpg

Little H had to get in on some Sis Boom too!
28666_384117653457_564578457_4015831_5271023_n.jpg

28666_384117658457_564578457_4015832_2581084_n.jpg

Your daughter is so cute and your dress is very cute, you have come a long way from making binky clips (was it you that made the Saints clip?, that was probably more complicated then the dress).

Thank you, and yes, that was me that made the Saints clip! :)

Little H had to get in on some Sis Boom too!
28666_384117653457_564578457_4015831_5271023_n.jpg

28666_384117658457_564578457_4015832_2581084_n.jpg

Love the pics from the sale and studio, but these are my faves: she is soooo adorable!!!

:headache:with me as usual.....:confused3 as I did not want to have a spinal tap my eyesight is really bad (blurry) so for Seth give I have to change plans and go with something easy that I will need no pattern for and that I could do in 1 day of sewing ( late as usual) ... so I made simple tops and skirts for the girls and some pants and a tshirt for Seth..

2010_05070044.jpg

2010_05070034.jpg

2010_05070036.jpg

2010_05070031.jpg

2010_05070019.jpg

2010_05080013.jpg

2010_05080027.jpg

In the mail !!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Linnette

:headache:with me as usual.....:confused3 as I did not want to have a spinal tap my eyesight is really bad (blurry) so for Seth give I have to change plans and go with something easy that I will need no pattern for and that I could do in 1 day of sewing ( late as usual) ... so I made simple tops and skirts for the girls and some pants and a tshirt for Seth..

2010_05070044.jpg

2010_05070034.jpg

2010_05070036.jpg

2010_05070031.jpg

2010_05070019.jpg

2010_05080013.jpg

2010_05080027.jpg

Linnette

Linette, I want you to know I mean this in the nicest possible way: ARE YOU NUTS? Those are awesome! Sweets, if you can do that with poor eyesight (what's this about a spinal tap?:scared1:), maybe I should just stop sewing now. Seriously, please, please do not be disappointed in these- they really, truly are great and the family will LOVE them.

2010_05070044.jpg

2010_05070034.jpg

2010_05070036.jpg

2010_05070031.jpg

2010_05070019.jpg

2010_05080013.jpg

2010_05080027.jpg

Linnette

Linnette, these are so cute. You do such great work! I wish I had a smidgen of your talent!

thanks everyone for the compliments on the club penguin stuff. the sneakers are from the disney store, i just made the shirt to match. i did make the cake. just back from the party jungle. what a success 25 kids running around like wild, but he had fun
I :love: it all! I got Dallas those shoes too! He was so excited! I have been making him a puffle shirt now for a few weeks but hadn't thought to add the fire (I wanted it to match the shoes since we got those and the hat). Super cute!

I think I need your help making the igloo! DH's birthday is the 19th and I think I just figured out what kind of party he'll have! I want JoJo for my party! If I wait for Dallas' birthday he'll change his mind first!
i know what you mean about changing his mind. ryan asked yesterday if he could change his party to wrestling:rotfl: yeah buddy let me change that igloo to a wrestling ring
Georgia got her first Petti yesterday. Yep, that is right I said first. But better late than never right? SHE LOOOOOOOOVES IT! She even asked me why didn't she have one before. haha First of many I'm sure.

th_05061826b.jpg

th_MMS_Resized_Pix4.jpg
she looks adorable

Didn't I ask for everyone to not be to chatty while I was away? ;) We got back Wednesday evening and I just now caught up. It was a great trip and as always, I cannot wait to go back! It had been a year and a half since we were there but I think we will be going back now every year I hope (since the girls are a little older and easier to travel with we can manage it easier)!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! And hopefully move the thread along a little since we are so close to 249! I promise to post pics as soon as I download them and tell all of my stories about traveling with my in-laws (you know this has to be good - traveling with in-laws - what was I thinking????).

I promise to post pics as soon as I download them and tell all of my stories about traveling with my in-laws (you know this has to be good - traveling with in-laws - what was I thinking????).

So funny. I am on FB right now discussing the same thing w/ a friend.:lmao:

To people that know me...this is not going to be a surprise...but I HATE to leave a sale on the table! If there is a sale on something I 'might' need, or something I really want...I have a terrible time walking away from it.

Well, my favorite digitizer is having a great sale right now...and, while I do have a list of things I want, there is nothing I need at the moment...

It is about to kill me to not use that sale! She keeps putting new stuff up that I really, really, REALLY want...I just have no plans on where I'll use it!

Although I do have a grand daughter that will be having a birthday in about 3 months....

Nini

It's never too late to help stimulate the economy!! Just keep telling yourself that.

2010_05070044.jpg

2010_05070034.jpg

2010_05070036.jpg

2010_05070031.jpg

2010_05070019.jpg

2010_05080013.jpg

2010_05080027.jpg

Linnette

Linette, as usual, everything is gorgeous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter