Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Ya, I don't really love co ops that much lately either. It's always a "well you had this many yards on this bolt and we are dropping it so you need to move your yards elsewhere" I hate that.. obviously I didn't want them elsewhere if I didn't put them there.

You mean if the fabric you wanted is dropped, you have to pick something else and not just get a refund? I would not agree to that at all. It's bad enough when something happens like Jessica described and only some of a line gets ordered so you end up with coordinates and not the main print you ordered for them to go with. I know co-ops work well for many people or there wouldn't be so many but some are definitely more organized and managed than others.

That is cute fabric, can't wait to see your creation

I stayed up MUCH too late last night making the skirt but I couldn't wait to see the results. :goodvibes I learned that the border print won't work as well for smaller sizes, though, so I'm glad I only bought enough for this one skirt.

gnomes1.jpg

The fabric is adorable. I think it would be great on the Audrey skirt! Having the dots on top would make it easy to turn into a dots skirt:) I think the reason why I thought the fuller back would be better, is because I have a fuller back:) Meaning on the bigger sizes, the bigger skirt backs would be better?

Well after doing some measuring yesterday, I realized I wouldn't be able to make the skirt much less full if I want it to be able to slip over hips the size of the measurements I'm using. I think I'll note that if the wearer has smaller hips, she can go down a size or 2 for the back piece as long as the front and back measurements at the waist are still enough to go over her hips. (Hope that makes sense).

Hey! I just wanted to pop in and post one of my newest creations.
It's a modified simply sweet bodice (shortened on top as well as the bottom to fit the requested design) - I used knotted ties that slip through button holes on the bodice and an attached apron. The pants are easy fits with wide ruffles. This was a request from a friend that likes the look of Matilda Jane designs.

em-jenniferpaganelli.jpg

That is very cute. She's always adorable but the colors are perfect for her.

Loving all the new stuff. So inspired.

How inspired?

Well....

I actually got to lay out *and* cut out my blouse! Decided since I have the table and stuff out to go ahead and do DD's dress next and then just focus on assembly and sewing both pieces.

However, the layout guide for Kaity's dress is confusing me, so would y'all please tell me if you think I am figuring this out correctly.

What I see on the layout guide...
It shows two separate sections side by side for the layout I am using. For both, there is a fold at the top and a fold at the bottom with the selvages meeting together. Kind of like how one might have folded a letter out of a piece of paper to seal it shut with sealing wax in the olden days.

The first block is the straps and the neckline part on the top fold and the ruffle parts on the bottom fold. The selvage-meeting line is "higher".

The block shown beside it is the bodice front and back on the top fold and the top part of the skirt on the bottom fold. The selvage-meeting line is "lower".

What I think this translates to... I fold the fabric to accommodate the first block, pin my pieces down, and then cut this portion away. Refold the fabric to accommodate the layout of the second block, pin those pieces down, and then I'm good to go?

Can I ask a question??? How far in advance do you all start making your clothes for your trips!!?? I feel I am a little nuts starting now for next March but I just can't wait!!!:goodvibes

I would love to start early! I was inspired to start for October trip as soon as booked it a month or two ago. I have gotten as far as making sure I had a black tshirt! LOL! I procrastinate way too much and would love to not be spending my last week before we leave making stuff so I think it is a great idea to start now!

You mean if the fabric you wanted is dropped, you have to pick something else and not just get a refund? I would not agree to that at all. It's bad enough when something happens like Jessica described and only some of a line gets ordered so you end up with coordinates and not the main print you ordered for them to go with. I know co-ops work well for many people or there wouldn't be so many but some are definitely more organized and managed than others.

I stayed up MUCH too late last night making the skirt but I couldn't wait to see the results. :goodvibes I learned that the border print won't work as well for smaller sizes, though, so I'm glad I only bought enough for this one skirt.

gnomes1.jpg

Love that skirt Lisa! What size is that one? I think the print is larger then I imagined!

I kind of forgot but one coop I did if they didn't have the fabric I was asked to pick another but only had a few choices to choose from, the bolts that didn't quite fill.

I do think it matters how organized the person is and how willing they are to have the extra fabric. I am not sure if they can, but i would just sell the extra fabric on etsy or ebay instead of dropping the bolt. And if I couldn't I would just give it to my best friend to sell for me!

Can I ask a question??? How far in advance do you all start making your clothes for your trips!!?? I feel I am a little nuts starting now for next March but I just can't wait!!!:goodvibes

Well, for the trip we are having in Nov/Dec, I started planning and sewing the outfits in December...no that's not true. I actually started planning the outfits while we were still there in September!

Since I have soooo much to sew and do for this trip, I am pacing myself . Each month I am doing the t shirts and dress for one park. That means: 2 dresses and 12 T shirts each month...and if my daughter and son in law decide to go, I have to add 4 more t shirts for each day...and we are staying for 10 days!

I still haven't decided on something for MVMCP yet...

So, bottom line...it is NEVER too early...except you will have to allow for the kids growth spurts...LOL!

Nini

Love that skirt Lisa! What size is that one? I think the print is larger then I imagined!

It's a 5/6. I had planned to make a 3/4 but once I was laying the pattern on it, I realized I'd lose most or all of the 'clothes line' at the top. I'm tempted to buy a Disney pillowcase to see how a princess or Tink would fit.

I do think it matters how organized the person is and how willing they are to have the extra fabric. I am not sure if they can, but i would just sell the extra fabric on etsy or ebay instead of dropping the bolt. And if I couldn't I would just give it to my best friend to sell for me!

It's been a long time since I was in a co-op but specifically stated that people should only buy what they thought they could use and not with the intention of selling it at a profit. They did allow people to sell the fabric they bought if plans changed but asked that it first be offered within the co-op at the price paid (including all fees and shipping). I actually benefited from that a few times because some prints I wanted but not as much as the minimum yardage the co-op required people order.

Georgia got her first Petti yesterday. Yep, that is right I said first. But better late than never right? SHE LOOOOOOOOVES IT! She even asked me why didn't she have one before. haha First of many I'm sure.

05061826b.jpg

MMS_Resized_Pix4.jpg

Ok, just warning you all, lots of pics to follow. This is everything I've been up to. 1st b-day, easter outfits, rainy cold spring day outfit, and summer stuff. Oh, and the purses, love that free pattern from YCMT. And the peasant top is from that indietutes site, still need to play with the measurements a bit, but love it.

190.jpg

173.jpg

175.jpg

189.jpg

149.jpg

152.jpg

001.jpg

I'm so excited to have some free time now. I've made 2 purses (for mother's day) and the peasant shirt and shorts this week....it's great to actually be able to you the sewing machine, I just love that thing!

Oh, has anyone seen plain white or solid color tank tops for boys? Old navy usually has them but I still haven't seen them there, they've got to color block ones that won't work for disney appliques. TCP doesn't have them either...

DSCN0645.jpg

having too much trouble with my tank top, so jumped onto dd tulle and ribbon no-sew skirt

CUTE! Love the tutu.

I completed a bowling shirt for Tyler's big give. I already posted the tink outfit for his sister Sierra and I will ship them out shortly.

Front:
100_3559.jpg

Back:
100_3560.jpg

He will love it. That looks great.
hi everyone long time no see. life has been very crazy but i miss you all and have lurked and as usual everything is stunning. Ryan just turned 7 and we are having a club penguin party tomorrow
and i wanted to share some
the cake
IMG_4226.jpg

the rockhopper cut out with my dh in it :goodvibes
IMG_4228.jpg

the personalize goody bags
IMG_4229.jpg

a close up of the topper of the goody bag with the birthday boys face in it
IMG_4230.jpg

the sneakers and the tshirt they inspired. dont look at the eyes i ran out of black thread with 1 inch of eye left to do and the stores are closed and i have to work tomorrow and the party is tomorrow right after work so i had to use puffy paint:headache:
IMG_4232.jpg

I totally love that theme! Peach would dig that cake. Good job! :thumbsup2

I am just popping in quick to say bye-bye!!! We are leaving for Florida in the morning. We are bringing the laptop, so I'll probably pop in every once in awhile.

A few of us are hoping to meet up at DTD (by the Lego play stuff) around 4ish tomorrow if anyone wants to meet us over there, we'd love to see you! I have NO clue what I'll be wearing, but I'll look really tired! So, you won't miss me! ;-)

Have a great trip!!!:cool2: I will meet you there at DTD in spirit! haha:lmao:

Some may remember I had to make my ds a costume for civil war fair at school. Here is the shirt I came up with:
civilwarsethsbiggive001.jpg

civilwarsethsbiggive004.jpg

the pics aren't great, the shirt isn't really that wonky when he has it on but sorry I didn't get a pic of him wearing it. I also made him easy fits in the same navy to match. I used a mc calls pattern for the shirt & gave up on following their nonhelpful instructions about halfway through. YCMT patterns are so much easier to follow :worship:

also I finished up these shirts for Seth's Big Give. I'm also posting them on the Big Give board. Could someone please send me the address if they see this cause I would like to mail them out today & my kids only have half day of school.
civilwarsethsbiggive006.jpg

civilwarsethsbiggive007.jpg

I love those shirts!

It's a modified simply sweet bodice (shortened on top as well as the bottom to fit the requested design) - I used knotted ties that slip through button holes on the bodice and an attached apron. The pants are easy fits with wide ruffles. This was a request from a friend that likes the look of Matilda Jane designs.

em-jenniferpaganelli.jpg

Great fabric! I love the dress. I just love that pattern so many things you can do to it, and it still looks great.

gnomes1.jpg

That is cute cute cute!

HPIM7003.jpg

I made it out of seed beads and sequins. One for her and one for my niece.

Nice job on the mickey heads.

Ok, just warning you all, lots of pics to follow. This is everything I've been up to. 1st b-day, easter outfits, rainy cold spring day outfit, and summer stuff. Oh, and the purses, love that free pattern from YCMT. And the peasant top is from that indietutes site, still need to play with the measurements a bit, but love it.

190.jpg

173.jpg

175.jpg

189.jpg

149.jpg

152.jpg

001.jpg

I'm so excited to have some free time now. I've made 2 purses (for mother's day) and the peasant shirt and shorts this week....it's great to actually be able to you the sewing machine, I just love that thing!

Look at that cake! Seeing all these cakes make me want to make one just for me. hahaha and the outfits are adorable! you are on roll with the sewing! :thumbsup2

We have a new BIG GIVE!!

Please go ahead and see if there's anything you'd like to make for this special family!

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=69180&threadid=734504&page=1#5871955

----------------------------------------------------

No worries! I'm still here and I can start the new thread once we hit 250. :thumbsup2

If we're on 249 and you haven't seen me, can someone send me an e-mail or PM?

-----------------------

NO NO NO!!!!! The alternative plan is for me to go to Florida in Teresas place and Teresa can stay and fix the board. I'm totally okay with the sacrifice I am making. You know, leaving behind a job, a messy husband, and three kids is hard to give up. BUT because I am such a good person, I am willing to do this for the sake of the boards. I'm pretty sure that is what Teresa would want me to do:)

It's a 5/6. I had planned to make a 3/4 but once I was laying the pattern on it, I realized I'd lose most or all of the 'clothes line' at the top. I'm tempted to buy a Disney pillowcase to see how a princess or Tink would fit.

Oh I love it and a 5/6 is such a perfect size:) Now what top/tank are you going to add to finish the look? A cutout of the little house might be darling:) Just saying!

We have a new BIG GIVE!!

Please go ahead and see if there's anything you'd like to make for this special family!

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=69180&threadid=734504&page=1#5871955

----------------------------------------------------

No worries! I'm still here and I can start the new thread once we hit 250. :thumbsup2

If we're on 249 and you haven't seen me, can someone send me an e-mail or PM?

-----------------------
I can't log onto the board for some reason?? :confused3 and I requested my info to make sure and nothing came....hmm I will try later I guess.

Don't worry on that page 249 Im sure we got your back. haha:laughing::thumbsup2

To people that know me...this is not going to be a surprise...but I HATE to leave a sale on the table! If there is a sale on something I 'might' need, or something I really want...I have a terrible time walking away from it.

Well, my favorite digitizer is having a great sale right now...and, while I do have a list of things I want, there is nothing I need at the moment...

It is about to kill me to not use that sale! She keeps putting new stuff up that I really, really, REALLY want...I just have no plans on where I'll use it!

Although I do have a grand daughter that will be having a birthday in about 3 months....

Nini

To people that know me...this is not going to be a surprise...but I HATE to leave a sale on the table! If there is a sale on something I 'might' need, or something I really want...I have a terrible time walking away from it.

Well, my favorite digitizer is having a great sale right now...and, while I do have a list of things I want, there is nothing I need at the moment...

It is about to kill me to not use that sale! She keeps putting new stuff up that I really, really, REALLY want...I just have no plans on where I'll use it!

Although I do have a grand daughter that will be having a birthday in about 3 months....

Nini

well luckily the sale is going on thru the end of May, so by then you will surely NEED all those items! besides it is an AWESOME sale! I personnally have plans to buy so many designs that i will eventually need! :thumbsup2

Nini

My favorite designer is having one too and I am right there with you! :)

Love all the dresses, fabrics, cakes and babies on here lately!! I really need to sew something...

AND, I am on the cusp of buying a used Saturn Vue... scared because there goes my savings... :scared1: I need a newer car but these things freak me out. Anybody have one?

Nini

I don't have any immediate needs either, but it won't stop me, lol!!! I have a fabric stash, why should this be any different. :). Besides, it's an investment you'll use potentially more than once, something you can't always do with fabric...

Yes, I'm a terrible enabler here, and guilty of letting my friends do the same to me because I sent them shopping for designs they liked just so I could add them to my collection during the sale. :)

I'll be making my purchse this weekend, my floors are finally done! Now I just need to organize my sewing room. I like what I've seen here lately, especially the fabric on the comic boards. I actually stopped at a comic book store, but it was so disorganized and the guy was creepy I didn't buy anything. They only had one size of board, and it looked really small...Amazon has several different sizes, what size works best for fabrics? Most of my stash is in 2 yd pieces.

...and I KNEW you guys would apppreciate it...a 50 pack of marathon thread! I can hardly wait to get down to the studio and play with it all!

Whooo Hoooo!
Nini

Wow...what a fantastic present! That would make my day too!

th_em-jenniferpaganelli.jpg

Love love love this outfit! I can't get enough of Jennifer's fabrics either. They are beautiful. This little one is a doll too!

I
I think I need your help making the igloo! DH's birthday is the 19th and I think I just figured out what kind of party he'll have! I want JoJo for my party! If I wait for Dallas' birthday he'll change his mind first!

If you need another idea on igloo cakes, I made this one a couple years ago when Happy Feet came out for my DGD's birthday party. I covered it in blue icing and then added the sugar cubes.
Igloocake.jpg

th_gnomes1.jpg

Oh, that turned out really cute! And you are super duper fast, I might add!

th_190.jpg

th_173.jpg

Everything is sooo cute. I especially like the birthday outfit and the cake is adorable. Love the "owl" theme too.

My favorite designer is having one too and I am right there with you! :)

Love all the dresses, fabrics, cakes and babies on here lately!! I really need to sew something...

AND, I am on the cusp of buying a used Saturn Vue... scared because there goes my savings... :scared1: I need a newer car but these things freak me out. Anybody have one?

I am way ahead of you. I already bought and took advantage of this great sale from my favorite digitizer. Yay!

And as for the Saturn Vue. My daughter has had one for 5 years now. She loves it. And I have a Saturn Ion. I can tell you this. After several mishaps (one being that I ran into a 400+ lb hog and I was going 45 mph and it only did minor damage to the car) that should have been way worse than they were, we are thankful that we had the Saturns. They are super great cars. I would totally get it if I were you. My Ion will be paid off in August and if I can find a good Vue to buy, that will probably be what I get too.

Thanks to all the enablers on this thread...I guess I'll have to get together with my DIL tonight and see what we can come up with!

I have to make sure we order before Ms Heather Sue decides to leave on her vacation....

Does anyone know when she is leaving?

Nini

If you need another idea on igloo cakes, I made this one a couple years ago when Happy Feet came out for my DGD's birthday party. I covered it in blue icing and then added the sugar cubes.
Igloocake.jpg

And as for the Saturn Vue. My daughter has had one for 5 years now. She loves it. And I have a Saturn Ion. I can tell you this. After several mishaps (one being that I ran into a 400+ lb hog and I was going 45 mph and it only did minor damage to the car) that should have been way worse than they were, we are thankful that we had the Saturns. They are super great cars. I would totally get it if I were you. My Ion will be paid off in August and if I can find a good Vue to buy, that will probably be what I get too.

I really like that cake too! I heart cakes and sewing and woodcrafts and tools and boats and...well the list goes on - I have too many hobbies and not enough space! LOL

Thanks on the info for the car. The gentleman said he would get the brakes done for me before I could take receipt of it, I guess there was something rubbing?? You have made my mind feel better!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter