Disboutiquers Part 10 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeAnna, Thanks for the link to the hat! I definately want to try that. I'll add it to my growing list!

As far as CASEing. I really don't think anyone here cares if you CASE for personal use. I think it is mainly someone doesn't want to be CASED and then them start selling the item on ebay. Some ideas are very creative (Heather's Peter Pan) and others like my Pooh are quite common. I posted tonight on another board that I frequent and another mom used the same picture, Pooh is angled just a bit differently. Neither one of us had any idea the other was doing it, so things happen and there are only so many things you can do with a Mickey head shirt, etc.

sahm1000 - I think the Frontier is probably a great choice but I have yet to actually see it in person! I sure wish I could find one. We have the regent and love it. I cannot think of anything better then what you have mentioned. Definately keep the 5 pt harness, which it sounds like you had planned anyways.

Jham - You crack me up with your white shirt *issue*. Funny enough, I have issues with black shirts but I have come a LONG way and will wear more black now. Just still not crazy about it. Up until probably the past year, maybe 2, you would NEVER find a black shirt (or pants hardly) in my house for anyone!

Okay, Lin is ready for bed, of course the night I am not tired and in the middle of sewing he wants to go to bed early!

Hope to find you'll in the morning if you have moved. Teresa normally stays up late so she'll probably check in, just guessing, but check her post times half the time!

I think the generally accepted answer is if you are making it for personal use it is ok. (It IS nice to be asked first) but CASEing (is that a word?) for profit:headache: . I think it is also poor form to try and take "credit" for someone elses idea.

We have some wonderfully creative people here and most of us like to help out as much as we can. Welcome to the "insanity" LOL. It doesn't stop with outfits- then there are bows, necklaces and shoes! And let us not forget the matching doll clothes:lmao: purses, tote bags, jackets.......

We are wonderful cheerleaders :cheer2: Lots of people came here not able to sew and they are doing appliques now!
Thanks Cindee :) I can't wait to sew again. I used to sew a lot for Meagan when she was little, and my only kid. Just simple dresses, skirts, etc. Nothing as fancy as you see here :) I'll have to remember to take notes while I'm "shopping" on the old threads.

DeAnna, Thanks for the link to the hat! I definately want to try that. I'll add it to my growing list!
YW :) That site has some other cute stuff too. We can thank Google for that link LOL
As far as CASEing. I really don't think anyone here cares if you CASE for personal use. I think it is mainly someone doesn't want to be CASED and then them start selling the item on ebay. Some ideas are very creative (Heather's Peter Pan) and others like my Pooh are quite common. I posted tonight on another board that I frequent and another mom used the same picture, Pooh is angled just a bit differently. Neither one of us had any idea the other was doing it, so things happen and there are only so many things you can do with a Mickey head shirt, etc.

I totally understand that. It will be a long time coming (if ever) that I come even close to the great things you all are making. Thankfully Madilynn's still little enough to not mind if it's not perfect.

My boys on the other hand made sure to tell me there is no way I can make a shirt even close to the ones that were made for them -- Lil buggers.

In the spirit of trying to get our move over I will keep on posting!

Are we even sure if Teresa is here to move us?

I need help picking out a new car seat for my two oldest girls. Any help is appreciated!

Lilly (my 6 month old) is in an infant seat for right now but I plan on moving her into a convertible car seat in the next month or so.

Grace (my oldest - 5 1/2) currently is in a Britax Wizard. It is coming up on it's five year old manufacture date. I have always heard that after 5 years the plastic in the car seats gets brittle so you need a new one. This is fine since I would like to put her in a booster anyway. I am currently thinking of buying a Britax Frontier for her. And since Claire is pretty big for her age (43 inches tall and 50 pounds) even though she is 3 1/2 I am considering moving her to a Frontier too. Since Claire has a Britax Boulevard that is only 3 years old I could put Lilly in that for another two years until the seat is 5 years. Just so you know the Frontier is a booster seat but it has a 5 point harness. If anyone has any suggestions/opinions on this idea please let me know. These car seats are so expensive I just want to make sure I get the best ones for my girls since they are so important! Thanks!

I'm a mom who all her kiddos ride in are Britax, other than the baby and he is in a peg perego infant carrier. I have my soon to be 5yr old in a frontier. I really like this seat. I've been trying to decide what I was going to do on a seat also. I think I'm going to get another Frontier for the soon to be 3yr old and move her BLVD to her brother. The Britax are at least 6yrs. The new ones are 8.
I would look at getting the Frontiers for your 2 girls and move your other Britax over for the baby.

By the way, I'm waiting because there is always a Big Britax sale online at the end of Feb. Don't know if you can wait, but thought I would mention it.

Hope that helps! Sorry, I only use Britax. I have to save money, but theya re the BEST in my books.

And, now for some comments:

1.My husband is a reserve police officer (which means he does everything a regular police officer does, but he doesn't get paid for it), so that is to be taken tongue-in-cheek!

2.Teresa made Lydia a Marie dress using only 1/2 yard of Marie fabric. I tried to find it in the photobucket account, but didn't see anything under Marie or Aristocats.

3.I sent you a PM! It will all become clear when you look at the etsy ad.
1.Brian was telling an officer about Henry today, and he told Brian that they actually PAY the reserve officers in Coldwater!

2.Ok, that's odd, I would have swore it was there! Thanks for letting me know! I'm thinking that it was actually a 1/4 yard of fabric. If anyone REALLY wants to see the picture, it is in my TR! (The second day we go to Epcot)
3.I can't figure it out either!

The Big Give has motivated me to sew again. This is what I made to get started.
th_SDC10324-1.jpg

I had Drew model it for me when it was done because Madilynn was asleep. Of course when Madilynn saw that picture she would have none of that. The hat had HER name on it, she would be the model
th_SDC10326-1.jpg

And as a bonus here's a picture of Drew from Saturday wearing his Mickey Shirt from Nancy (aka Dreamer & Wisher) with the Mickey that greets us at Children's Hospital.
th_SDC10329-1.jpg

That hat is so adorable!!! What a great job you did on that!!! It is so nice to have you on the thread!
Ok opinions needed
Nik has her school concert on Feb 12th and since it is Lincoln's bday they are asking the kids to dress in a period clothing. If I did this of course she would have to be a southern belle after all she was born in GA! Or they can dress up in their nicest attire. I had originally planned on Nik wearing one of her Petti skirts. Now i am wondering if i should make her some civil war southern belle thing or just stick with the petti skirt?
Keep in mind last yr her teacher actually made an example out of Nik saying you don't have to dress up as dressy as Nik did to the concert. Because of course she had a dress for the concert for the students and a different dress for the concert at night!:lmao:

So which should I do?????

What does Nikkie want to do? I think the Southern Belle dress sounds so cute, but I'm wondering if it would be viewed as "too much"? And, I only say that because of the comment that the teacher made about Nikki's outfit last year. How would Nikki feel if she is the only one wearing something like that? Would she be ok with it?

Ok, in defense of my dear Northern friends, I will admit.........

I have bought more than one bolt of the red dot fabric :guilty: .

But I swear I can quit anytime LOL

But it wasn't my fault. (Ok the first bolt WAS my fault). But The second one I did not mean to buy it all. The woman at the cutting table was so snarky I HAD to buy it all. And would you believe she still mentions it EVERY time I see her in the store?

In my defense, just today I was at Joann's (again), and dear sweet Morgan had a death grip on a bolt of Tinkerbell fleece. She looks up and me with that sweet little face and says "Mommy we can get it all right?" :lmao: Now HOW am I supposed to say no to that?:confused3

Signed,
"She who must own ALL the fabric"

OH, you mean we are counting the bigger dots AND the smaller dots?? Oh, ok, well, I MAY have bought two bolts of Minnie Dots then!

I love the way it wasn't your fault! :rotfl2:
Look how close to 250 we're getting again!!!

If anyone is bored and wants to help me with an internet search, I am looking for this fabric:
http://www.cottonboutique.com/cgi-i...account=cottonboutique&image=sbrose01prus.jpg

But in BLACK. It's haunting me...You guys know what it's like to be haunted by a fabric, right?

I saw it two months ago and went to get it today. The lady looked at me like I was crazy and said 'Oh, that's long gone!'

It's made by Seattle Bay and doesn't seem to have a name other than 'rose.'

I've never seen it, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Ok, I need some ideas. My DD4 is all day pre-k. She loves school and no problem getting her to go. The techer has talked to me, and said she is very bright but she thinks she needs to be center of attention. Also if one kid is at the teachers desk then she thinks she need to be there too. She also thinks she needs to worry about and tell other kids what to do. Any ideas on how I can get her to stay focused and not worry about everyone and everything else, She will be 5 in March!

While I'm at it, any ideas on how to pitty train a STUBBORN selective potty trainer? She was in panties for a month and decided she was going to wear pull ups instead. She knows what she is doing and some days she will do great and then other days she just says no, and comes tell you when she has done something in her pants. It's so frustrating!

I've potty trained MANY children, countless daycare children and my own three. Lydia was by FAR the most difficult! She started early, and I thought she would be my easiest, silly me! She would go for a month really good, then decide not to go at all for awhile. Then she'd do good and I would think we had it, then she would just stop! VERY FRUSTATING! Then, one thing I realized that if anyone said anything about how good she was doing, the next day she stopped doing good. So, I stopped even saying much when she went. I also found that what I was more worried about with the potty training was how OTHER people viewed it. So, I stopped worrying about what everyone else was thinking, and I just ignored it altogether. That worked best for us! It took awhile, but I wasn't getting stressed out about it anymore!

Ok, that was a long explanation just to say "Stop worrying about it!" :rotfl2:

...only because she is sooooooooo tired of gold brocade. Maybe by next January she (and by "she" I mean "I") would be willing to do it again....and we could even find a gold brocade-y tablecloth on clearance left over from Christmas! :rotfl:
You have the best ideas for fabric!

I don't think I quoted the right thing! Anyway, I have said this before, but I really think October is the very best time to go to Disney. It is not as hot as the summer but it is still nice and you can go swimming and the crowds are low. That is the time we went until the kids were too old to pull from school.

I am so behind and we are almost to the end of this thread! I actually sewed something today instead of thinking about what to sew, so that is an accomplishment. I am behind on my laundry though!

It always takes me longer to figure out WHAT I'm gong to make and HOW I'm going to do it than it actually takes me to make it too! And, I'm ALWAYS behind on laundry! :laundy:

After Disneymommieof2's awesome outlet find I started googling for fabric outlets.

I found this one:
http://www.goldendor.com/
and I thought that someone on this thread lived near there.

I did the same thing after Anna posted that! I didn't find anything very close to me though!

Here is a Pooh Valentine shirt for Megan, the MindyMouse1 Big Give! She is 12 but likes Pooh so hopefully she'll like it! They are going in February, but I don't think it is a holiday specific shirt either, just Pooh holding a heart!

th_103_8932.jpg

That is adorable Jessica!!!
We need to get posting, maybe we can move tonight. Maybe I can actually make the move.:rotfl2:
I'll be moving us soon!

So cute! I know Jayden would LOVE it, and one of her friends as well who really loves Pooh, so I'm sure Megan will too! Hmmm...in fact I would love and wear that...in black...

And I am not staying up for a move. I'm tired! Don't move too far away, I need to be able to find you! But let's move to someplace warm, okay?

I'm thinking I'll move us to my Holiday, Florida on Lemonwood Ct. It's not too far off of 19. We will be pretty close to Steph and T., so they shouldn't get lost.

I was wondering what the "CASE" rules are here. I've been looking through the Photobucket Account and see so many things I would love Madilynn to have.

I absolutely love the Blue Princess Dress that was made this last week too (I'm bad with names). I even had Steve pick up 2 yds of that fabric when he was at Walmart :)

I've gotten all the stuff to try to make Madilynn a Minnie Head shirt to match Drew's & Ryan's shirts from the Big Give (Thanks Heather for your help). Now I just need to get the guts up to actually try it:thumbsup2

Caseing is considered ok as long as you are not selling the item. It's always nice to ask or give credit to the casey though.

well I found out today that DD4 is reading some 3 letter words :cool1:

I use the magnets and she sounds them out. The teacher says she is in her level 2 reading group. I can't believe she is old enough to read. I'm so proud though!:thumbsup2
Yeah!!! That is wonderful!

In the spirit of trying to get our move over I will keep on posting!

Are we even sure if Teresa is here to move us?

I need help picking out a new car seat for my two oldest girls. Any help is appreciated!

Lilly (my 6 month old) is in an infant seat for right now but I plan on moving her into a convertible car seat in the next month or so.

Grace (my oldest - 5 1/2) currently is in a Britax Wizard. It is coming up on it's five year old manufacture date. I have always heard that after 5 years the plastic in the car seats gets brittle so you need a new one. This is fine since I would like to put her in a booster anyway. I am currently thinking of buying a Britax Frontier for her. And since Claire is pretty big for her age (43 inches tall and 50 pounds) even though she is 3 1/2 I am considering moving her to a Frontier too. Since Claire has a Britax Boulevard that is only 3 years old I could put Lilly in that for another two years until the seat is 5 years. Just so you know the Frontier is a booster seat but it has a 5 point harness. If anyone has any suggestions/opinions on this idea please let me know. These car seats are so expensive I just want to make sure I get the best ones for my girls since they are so important! Thanks!

You will be keeping them all in the 5 point harness as long as they still fit, right? And, you will have Lilly rearfacing? I looked into the Frontier, but I decided we'd go with another Regent. I don't recall why now though! I think the Regent had a heigher height limit? I need to get Lydia one, but I keep waiting to see if Arminda (yes, my 10 year old in a 5 point harness) outgrows hers before Lydia outgrows the one she's in right now!

I think the generally accepted answer is if you are making it for personal use it is ok. (It IS nice to be asked first) but CASEing (is that a word?) for profit:headache: . I think it is also poor form to try and take "credit" for someone elses idea.

We have some wonderfully creative people here and most of us like to help out as much as we can. Welcome to the "insanity" LOL. It doesn't stop with outfits- then there are bows, necklaces and shoes! And let us not forget the matching doll clothes:lmao: purses, tote bags, jackets.......

We are wonderful cheerleaders :cheer2: Lots of people came here not able to sew and they are doing appliques now!

It's MADNESS!!!! :welcome: :lmao: :upsidedow :scared1:

Hope to find you'll in the morning if you have moved. Teresa normally stays up late so she'll probably check in, just guessing, but check her post times half the time!
Are you spying on me??? :magnify:

I'm a mom who all her kiddos ride in are Britax, other than the baby and he is in a peg perego infant carrier. I have my soon to be 5yr old in a frontier. I really like this seat. I've been trying to decide what I was going to do on a seat also. I think I'm going to get another Frontier for the soon to be 3yr old and move her BLVD to her brother. The Britax are at least 6yrs. The new ones are 8.
I would look at getting the Frontiers for your 2 girls and move your other Britax over for the baby.

By the way, I'm waiting because there is always a Big Britax sale online at the end of Feb. Don't know if you can wait, but thought I would mention it.

Hope that helps! Sorry, I only use Britax. I have to save money, but theya re the BEST in my books.

Are you saying that Britax is saying you can use them for 8 years?

Where is the sale going to be? Is it a certain site or all of them?

My contribution to increasing our posts for our move>:rotfl2:

I finished one pair of easy fit pants. I had to trace new patterns. Both DGD's have finally grown and needed bigger sizes. I decided I wanted to try DGD2's pants on DGD4 and see if I think they are big enough in the hips. She actually measures for the size 4 but since they are such full pants I have a feeling I will like the size 3 better and then just lengthen them. I'll try them on tomorrow and then make hers.

Can you tell I procrastinating on making the other Daisy Duck dress.:lmao:

Are you saying that Britax is saying you can use them for 8 years?

Where is the sale going to be? Is it a certain site or all of them?

I knwo the Frontier is 8yrs now. I don't know about the others. I've only bought a Frontier, the others were last yr. I do know the Newer Britax RF limit is 35lbs now. I like the Frontier because it goes to 100lbs and you can use the seat belt with it later. You don't have to get another seat again. I know my kiddos will still be in a 5pt harness,a t the rate they are going they will still be int he seats when they get their drivers license:rotfl2:

About the sale, it's all over online. Sept wasn't as good, but last Feb was. I'm hoping to be able to buy one, and it doens't happen while I'm in Disney world.

Ok, is EVERYONE ready???

Get the kids buckled into their 5 point harness car seats, buckle yourself up, save your replies for the new thread, load the cartop carrier and don't forget the snacks!

We are moving to FLORIDA this time!!!

We are going to
Lemonwood Ct., in beautiful Holiday, Florida!!!!

It's a small road, so I'll hang out the Lime Green Mickey Head on the door, and you won't be able to miss it!

:car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car:

Let's go!
Stop posting here, we've moved on!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29637793#post29637793

Does anyone know if you can return fabric to Joann's if you have the receipt. I bought a ton of Valentine's Day fabric and I really just don't love it. Rather than make something I don't like I think I'm going to return it if possible.

yes you should be able to return anything more than a yard, they consider anything less a remenant and won't return it.

Hi everyone! I've resurfaced from lurkdom because I've really missed some of you and was hoping to get reaquainted. I've loved looking at all of the outfits you've created. It's been so much fun and rewarding to see everybody share their interests and talents. My family just got back from a Christmas vacation to Disneyland, and I wanted to share some of the outfits I created for my sons and daughter for our trip.

**ETA: Okay, the swirlies had to go. They were driving me batty too.

100_0277.jpg

100_0363.jpg

100_0253-1.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage58.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage84.jpg

100_0496.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage34.jpg

100_0475.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage33.jpg

I adore that Peter Pan custom! You need to sell one like this in a bigger size!!!

Number 2 is DONE!

I stayed up most of the night to finish it.

I am going back to bed. I work nights so I usually sleep during the day anyway. And, since I have to work tonight, I better get a little more sleep.

I really do like this one! It looks so much better in person. The bright snow in the background made the pictures too dark. I wasn't about to find a brighter spot outside though in my pj's;)
Princess Feliz Front:
Disneyoutfits2009002-1.jpg

Princess Feliz Back:
Disneyoutfits2009005.jpg

Once I can get Leighanna to model these, I am sure they will look perfect!

Tom, I work nights too, so I totally understand the sleep deprivation and it's influence! HOWEVER, nothing I do even not sleep deprived turns out like this! It's great!!!!

So, now that I'm all caught up I thought I would share some things that I've been working on. These were done before I got really sick. Forgive the marked out faces. I'm sure the girls' mom wouldn't mind me posting these; but since I haven't specifically asked, I am doing this.

dsc_0649-1-1.jpg

dsc_0641-1.jpg

This is a couple of things I've done since I've been feeling better.....
100_5644-2.jpg

245-1-1.jpg

242-1-1.jpg

I also made a hat for the last outfit, but I don't have any pics of it.

Oh I love those groovy striped pants! They are my favorite that you have here!

Here is a Pooh Valentine shirt for Megan, the MindyMouse1 Big Give! She is 12 but likes Pooh so hopefully she'll like it! They are going in February, but I don't think it is a holiday specific shirt either, just Pooh holding a heart!

103_8932.jpg

103_8934.jpg

Oh look at silly old Pooh hugging that heart. I think it can be used at several different times of the year...not just Valentines!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Did ya miss me?!?!?!?

LOVE ALL THE NEW STUFF!

Tom...... did you get the package I sent??

Hi!!!

We just returned home from our Christmas trip and have lots of pictures to share...

WDWDecember20084273.jpg

WDWDecember20084292.jpg

WDWDecember20084296.jpg

Love this one!!!! Tricked her into trying the Beverly!!!! Bad mommy!!!!
WDWDecember20084372.jpg

WDWDecember20084384.jpg

WDWDecember20084455.jpg

WDWDecember20084500.jpg

WDWDecember20084626.jpg

WDWDecember20084647.jpg

These are wonderful! I love that you carried the winter/holiday theme into them.

You don't by chance make these to sell or would consider? We are going next December and would love to have a couple of them. Thanks you.

These are wonderful! I love that you carried the winter/holiday theme into them.

You don't by chance make these to sell or would consider? We are going next December and would love to have a couple of them. Thanks you.
I'm pretty sure another Diser made these for her - I suggest PMing her to ask, but I think LisaZoe made these if I am not mistaken.

Ok, is EVERYONE ready???

Get the kids buckled into their 5 point harness car seats, buckle yourself up, save your replies for the new thread, load the cartop carrier and don't forget the snacks!

We are moving to FLORIDA this time!!!

We are going to
Lemonwood Ct., in beautiful Holiday, Florida!!!!

It's a small road, so I'll hang out the Lime Green Mickey Head on the door, and you won't be able to miss it!

:car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car: :car:

Let's go!
Stop posting here, we've moved on!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29637793#post29637793

I have outfit number one done for our trip!:banana: :banana:
I almost hate to post it with all the beautiful things posted today!
I am not completely happy with it. I guess I am a little rusty! I haven't sewn any clothing items since way before Christmas!
I hope my next one turns out better!

Disneyoutfits2009002.jpg

Sorry for such a lousy photo! The lighting in my sewing "cave" isn't that great once the daylight leaves!

I still have a few more to go!
How many more days?!?

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

love it....love it!!! Fantastic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts